Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If the tweet really is a big deal to some people, I wonder if that will cause very many schools to not be interested in him?

As I said, his play hasn’t helped, and we have(we think at least) the guy we clearly wanted first. Could also be a sign that we feel we have a portal inbound like Hartman, and/or feel we’re in good shape for Lagway.

But to answer your question, absolutely no. He wasn’t using the word in some casual way. He was rapping a song that contained it. That should not “cancel” a 17 year old.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Btw, his statement:

"I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media," he said in a social media post. "I deeply apologize for the words in the song that i chose to say. it was hurtful and offensive to many people, and regret that. I fully accept the consequences for my actions, and I respect the University of Florida's decision to withdraw my scholarship offer to play football. My intention was never to hurt anybody and I recognize that even when going along with a song, my words still carry a lot of weight. I will strive to be better and to become the best version of myself both on and off the field. I know that learning from my mistakes is a first important step.”

This is a joke. Apology should’ve ended this. No way he should have his scholarship offer revoked for singing a song. I don’t even think he was more than a body here with what we have coming in, but that’s insane. Again, if the word is so offensive(which I can agree with) it shouldn’t be used repeatedly in every rap song.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I don't think he was good enough to play QB at Florida anyways but if they pulled his scholarship offer over that bullshyt someone needs to be fired.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think it shows an extremely poor decision making. How, in 2022, can you post something like that? Incredibly dumb.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't think he was good enough to play QB at Florida anyways but if they pulled his scholarship offer over that bullshyt someone needs to be fired.

They did. It’s reported by multiple people including Stokes himself.

Just to recap, in less than a year we’ve shunned an Orlando area HS kid to his head coaches’ chagrin, booted two Lakeland kids that has apparently not sat well with HS’s there(potential McClain impact) and have now rescinded a scholarship offer to a Jax/SA area kid who made a simple mistake in judgement and swiftly apologized, when we could’ve just quietly encouraged him to seek a new home feeling that we’re set with someone we prefer. Just curious if this is part of that culture building we’ve heard so much about.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think it shows an extremely poor decision making. How, in 2022, can you post something like that? Incredibly dumb.

How is it ok for the stadium to play songs that contain that word(just different verses) and reference shooting people in the head? I totally agree it’s dumb by Stokes. But it shouldn’t kill his future. I’m not even sure just saying it in every day speech should, though I’d be more inclined to agree. But singing the lyrics of a song that 99% of the rest of our recruits could sing no problem? You don’t see that as a complete double standard and wrong?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
How is it ok for the stadium to play songs that contain that word(just different verses) and reference shooting people in the head? I totally agree it’s dumb by Stokes. But it shouldn’t kill his future. I’m not even sure just saying it in every day speech should, though I’d be more inclined to agree. But singing the lyrics of a song that 99% of the rest of our recruits could sing no problem? You don’t see that as a complete double standard and wrong?

Oh, it’s definitely a double standard but when you do something so dumb, you can’t really be surprised by the consequences

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh, it’s definitely a double standard but when you do something so dumb, you can’t really be surprised by the consequences

It’s a bad look for him. And we just one-upped him. Even if we decided to do this, it could’ve been so much less visible. Now, we may very well have made this kid a bit of a pariah, weeks before ESD.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a bad look for him. And we just one-upped him. Even if we decided to do this, it could’ve been so much less visible. Now, we may very well have made this kid a bit of a pariah, weeks before ESD.

Yea I’m sure there was pressure to can him and they caved. Hope Stokes can find somewhere to land and turn things around.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Yea I’m sure there was pressure to can him and they caved. Hope Stokes can find somewhere to land and turn things around.
Neon Deon would probably take him at Jackson St . The gangster type would fit in well there.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Do you have a link the video he posted? I'm confused. I'm hearing the explanation but I must be missing something.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Such BS. I really hate how society has to placate the black race. Thought that race was "strong and proud"?
Facepalm all you want @Mornengswede, but the fact remains blacks call themselves that all the time, is used about 100 times per schit rap song, but because a white kid repeats a lyric in a song his scholarship is yanked? Complete BS. I could understand if blacks were held to the same standards, but they get a free pass for racial comments. So my thought is you can stick that emoji up your virtue signaling ass.

PS, don't feel bad, I'd tell Napier and everyone else involved in that decision same thing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Do you have a link the video he posted? I'm confused. I'm hearing the explanation but I must be missing something.

I saw it Friday night on a um board. He clearly says it, but was rapping the song verbatim. The posters there were all over the fact that he enunciated the “r” too much and that’s what was wrong. Make a statement if it makes you feel better. Have a convo with him directly and have him apologize. That’s the extent. What he did, as stupid as it was, does not warrant this.

Again, at this point, I wake up every morning wondering where the hell I live.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I saw it Friday night on a um board. He clearly says it, but was rapping the song verbatim. The posters there were all over the fact that he enunciated the “r” too much and that’s what was wrong. Make a statement if it makes you feel better. Have a convo with him directly and have him apologize. That’s the extent. What he did, as stupid as it was, does not warrant this.

Again, at this point, I wake up every morning wondering where the hell I live.
Emphasis on the R puts it in an entirely different context. Thanks for clearing that up.

Was he wearing cowboy boots too? :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Emphasis on the R puts it in an entirely different context. Thanks for clearing that up.

Was he wearing cowboy boots too? :lol:

I don’t know if it was so much emphasis on the r as it was not enough on the a. But honestly, how ridiculous does all this sound? Kill the music that promotes this **** and we won’t have this problem. Then it would simply be the backwoods, truly prejudice guy using it and we could all agree it’s wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator