Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know if it was so much emphasis on the r as it was not enough on the a. But honestly, how ridiculous does all this sound? Kill the music that promotes this **** and we won’t have this problem. Then it would simply be the backwoods, truly prejudice guy using it and we could all agree it’s wrong.
Agree. Parents (of all races) should let there kids know that listening to music that uses racist words and or glorifies violence actually supports that very thing. Boycott it.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I don’t know if it was so much emphasis on the r as it was not enough on the a. But honestly, how ridiculous does all this sound? Kill the music that promotes this **** and we won’t have this problem. Then it would simply be the backwoods, truly prejudice guy using it and we could all agree it’s wrong.
Don't listen is a start.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Facepalm all you want @Mornengswede, but the fact remains blacks call themselves that all the time, is used about 100 times per schit rap song, but because a white kid repeats a lyric in a song his scholarship is yanked? Complete BS. I could understand if blacks were held to the same standards, but they get a free pass for racial comments. So my thought is you can stick that emoji up your virtue signaling ass.

PS, don't feel bad, I'd tell Napier and everyone else involved in that decision same thing.
QFT!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think everyone has made their opinion on this political topic heard. Let's get back on topic, Stokes is gone. If someone wants to start a thread about it in the PF, go for it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Btw, his statement:

"I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media," he said in a social media post. "I deeply apologize for the words in the song that i chose to say. it was hurtful and offensive to many people, and regret that. I fully accept the consequences for my actions, and I respect the University of Florida's decision to withdraw my scholarship offer to play football. My intention was never to hurt anybody and I recognize that even when going along with a song, my words still carry a lot of weight. I will strive to be better and to become the best version of myself both on and off the field. I know that learning from my mistakes is a first important step.”

This is a joke. Apology should’ve ended this. No way he should have his scholarship offer revoked for singing a song. I don’t even think he was more than a body here with what we have coming in, but that’s insane. Again, if the word is so offensive(which I can agree with) it shouldn’t be used repeatedly in every rap song.
Absolutely embarrassing stance by UF and Napier.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stokes has been absolute garbage on the field this year and they may have used it as an excuse. But it’s a poor excuse.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Stokes is apparently gone. Bender says we parted ways. I’m guessing it was the tweet, combined with Rashada’s flip.
Not surprised after the reaction to it on twitter, he should’ve know something like that could get him in some hot water. Billy can’t be seen like he’s accepting of that behavior either. Tough lesson to learn for the kid, supposedly UF was his dream school. Oh well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Stokes has been absolute garbage on the field this year and they may have used it as an excuse. But it’s a poor excuse.

My position as well. I’m fine with the move because of recent events, and I understand needing to distance themselves from it, but it could’ve been handled way better.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Btw, his statement:

"I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media," he said in a social media post. "I deeply apologize for the words in the song that i chose to say. it was hurtful and offensive to many people, and regret that. I fully accept the consequences for my actions, and I respect the University of Florida's decision to withdraw my scholarship offer to play football. My intention was never to hurt anybody and I recognize that even when going along with a song, my words still carry a lot of weight. I will strive to be better and to become the best version of myself both on and off the field. I know that learning from my mistakes is a first important step.”

This is a joke. Apology should’ve ended this. No way he should have his scholarship offer revoked for singing a song. I don’t even think he was more than a body here with what we have coming in, but that’s insane. Again, if the word is so offensive(which I can agree with) it shouldn’t be used repeatedly in every rap song.

Twitter mob wins again!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
He'll get picked up. Penn State?
It's a shame. The world is so WOKE and UF is WOKE on steroids.
Again, it's sad...we know he's not a racist.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
And what if he wasn't asked but told?
Still needs to be ashamed of it. Doing something wrong just because your boss tells you to doesn't absolve you of guilt.

Of course I know how the world works. Everyone does what they are told nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator