Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Randy Pittman's comments after visit today.

“It was amazing out there. The tempo that was going on, the way that Napier was moving everyone around and coaching and teaching people how things work over here, it was amazing.”

“It wasn’t an uncomfortable situation with the coaches. It was more like, ‘This is what we do. You can watch this guy and you can have an opportunity.’ It was like that.”

“I was able to watch the tight ends working on the drills doing different types of blocks, reblocks and things like that."

“It was nice. We got to break down some offensive plays and some offensive schemes.”

“A lot of that does (fit into his offensive style). Looking at the way [his high school] uses me now on offense, it was interesting."

“They showed me some film of [Zipperer] and said pretty much that’s how I’ll be used."

“He’s a really good guy. Once a week he’s communicating and we’re trying to stay up to date with each other.” (about Coach Napier)

“It’s the environment, you know. I just keep coming back because I want to see if it’s the place for me.”

“They play a role. I’m just trying to figure it out right now. I’m still going out there and vibing there." (about his committment to fsu)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Vic Burley's comments after his visit today.

"Way up at the top. They are waaaaay up there," I love what they're doing -- GatorMade, that's a real big improvement from the old coaching staff. They are really focused on the character development, really just trying to raise young men."

"It was a great (visit), the old coaching staff was good, but I really love this new coaching staff. That really means something."

"At first they talked a little ball but then it switched. They were really asking me questions like, 'What do I want from a college?' They're telling me, 'Football will use you, but you've got to use football to get that education.' So it was really more personal than regular trips."

"They were saying watch No. 9, Dexter, Coach Spencer said I remind him so much of him in their scheme, I could do it. Same way at my high school, they do the same thing. I can do it."

"I really loved it here. I really love what the coaches are about. Coach Spence, coach Napier, coach Chaney. All of them. It was really a great atmosphere here. Really watching the practice I really love the tempo, the energy they have, just everything they do. Just energy."

"Coach Napier, great guy. I really love his vision of what he wants from his players. I can really tell from the way way he's coaching, the way he looked at everybody, you can feel the environment, like feel what he's talking about."

"They are more about the person than the football player. They are trying to develop the character."

"I really got a feel for how he coached, what he do as a coach. I sat in the meeting room with him. I saw how he talked to his players. If you do something wrong, he on you. But if you do something good he'll love you right back up. He's really the same way on the field and off the field. Just a great guy to be around. I mean he's going to love you but when you do something wrong he'll get on you. But he's real cool to be around. He's like that uncle that's always around you that make you laugh, smile, act up, you know?" (about Coach Spencer)

"That we're recruiting you because you're a good football player, but you're also a great person. You have a great personality and we need that here at the University of Florida."

We used to have such a presence at Warner Robbins. Despite the distance it almost felt like we were a lock for who we wanted. Hope we get that back.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Terrance Love's comments after his visit today.

"I got to spend time around the coaching staff, and I liked the weather they have there. Those were some of the things I liked the most there. I thought it was a good time and a good visit. You can't beat the Florida weather out there, and I liked the time I got around the coaches at Florida."

"I spent time around Napier the head coach, the wide receiver coach, the defensive coordinator and Coach Chaney. I thought they were some cool guys. I thought the coaches were really hands on with their players at practice. They were just telling me they love me and they want me down here and stuff like that. They want me to come back here for another visit."

"They said I would be a hybrid type of player for them. Play some nickel or play some strong safety or free safety. Move me around back there in the secondary. They said I could even play some outside linebacker or rush off the edge too. So, they just see me being a hybrid guy that can do a lot of things."

"I think I am going to be coming back for their spring game. I just want to get a chance to talk to the players a little bit more and see more of the town and go around there and stuff."

"They have always been a top school for me, but getting out here for a visit really boosted them for me. They are definitely in my top. Florida, Auburn, Tennessee. Schools like that."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

“It was amazing out there. The tempo that was going on, the way that Napier was moving everyone around and coaching and teaching people how things work over here, it was amazing.”

“It wasn’t an uncomfortable situation with the coaches. It was more like, ‘This is what we do. You can watch this guy and you can have an opportunity.’ It was like that.”

“I was able to watch the tight ends working on the drills doing different types of blocks, reblocks and things like that."

“It was nice. We got to break down some offensive plays and some offensive schemes.”

“A lot of that does (fit into his offensive style). Looking at the way [his high school] uses me now on offense, it was interesting."

“They showed me some film of [Zipperer] and said pretty much that’s how I’ll be used."

“He’s a really good guy. Once a week he’s communicating and we’re trying to stay up to date with each other.” (about Coach Napier)

“It’s the environment, you know. I just keep coming back because I want to see if it’s the place for me.”

“They play a role. I’m just trying to figure it out right now. I’m still going out there and vibing there." (about his committment to fsu)

Ok, he’s 40. He has actual gray in his beard.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Nothing but positive comments from everyone who visited this weekend. Its great to see and read this stuff and all, but I really wish we would start getting some commitments out of it. We have had 3 crazy talented stacked weekends of visitors with no commitments.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Randy's a good kid. He's the player I talked about on the board 6 weeks ago who came out to my son's practice bc my sons HC is also one of Randy's coqches at Mosley. He's got an offer from fsu but was hoping to get one from Florida. He's been a gator fan his whole life. Good kid, I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Perpetual gushing. It's hard to believe we aren't going to have a great class.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I agree, but it sure would be nice to see one of them pull he trigger and start some momentum. We are currently sitting on the 12th rated class in the SEC. (I know, I know; it’s early.)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Although it's tough, I try very hard to remind myself that most of these top flight recruits don't want to commit early. They like to take all their visits and play the game before making their decisions official. Patience is hard as hell when you're so used to getting snubbed by all the big name when the commits finally start rolling around. It's like waiting around for that kick in the nuts you know is coming because you're so used to it. Hopefully things turn out differently this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, but it sure would be nice to see one of them pull he trigger and start some momentum. We are currently sitting on the 12th rated class in the SEC. (I know, I know; it’s early.)
I don't understand this take. You act like all these blue chippers are committing to other schools at the moment. What's the rush for them to commit to ANYONE right now? I wouldn't do it if I were them.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, but in the back of my mind i wonder how much NIL will handicap us.
If NIL handicaps UF recruiting, it will only be because Gator fans didn't step up to the plate. Anyone can join the Gator Collective for as little as $5.99 a month. Even a retired enlisted man living in a trailer park like me can afford that much. If you aren't a member of the Gator Collective, AND complain about recruiting, you need to look in the mirror.

------->Commit To The Gator Collective | Support Florida Athletes<---------

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I don't understand this take. You act like all these blue chippers are committing to other schools at the moment. What's the rush for them to commit to ANYONE right now? I wouldn't do it if I were them.
I think it’s what @NavetG8r stated above; too many years of getting kicked in the nuts of us “finishing second.” And everything you say is true. I full admit to being slightly irrational on this topic, but I look around and see blue chippers committed elsewhere and want to see us getting some and also see that what these recruits are saying is true. I’m not expecting us to fill in the class by the opening game, but I’d like to see at least a few guys join up this spring.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I agree, but in the back of my mind i wonder how much NIL will handicap us.

Being that we have a coach that actually loves recruiting and is gonna work his ass off, along with this staff, unlike the last 2 guys and their staffs. If we still finish in that 9-12 range, then it has everything to do with NIL and our inability to come up with the money for these recruits. Without NIL being apart of the equation and how these recruits are talking up their visits, you could usually count on a few commits to happen by now i would’ve thought.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I presume NIL's are contingent upon them actually signing with that school?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.