Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
126209E4-25A5-4244-998E-6A605A4AF5FD.jpeg

“The Bible says two men ought not lay together. But I don't reckon the Good Lord would send anybody like you to Hades.”

Welcome back!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
First let me say, I'll need donkey to spell the word Trask as a security check at the beginning of all his messages.

I really was looking for a place to drop some info that is related to donkeys concerns.
During one of the exit interviews a transferring player had with Napier he asked what the kid, what could they do better or changes he would recomend.
The player said the new strength coach has to go. The workouts are a joke compared to what Savage implemented to the point the guys who are serious about making gains have resorted back to doing workout on their own. If you remember the same was going on under butters Scandinavian weight coach before Savage turned it around. He also told Napier everyone absolutely hates the guy.

Let me say, I have no way of knowing if what the player said is true, but his words to CBN are 100% real.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thoughts from Donkey:

Hopefully the young 260ish pound DEs we did sign can manage to find the weightroom, unlike Princely and the others. Just follow Pyburn, gentlemen. BTW, given the talent we signed at DE, I don't suspect Pyburn will be able to hold them off for long, but I can see him putting on 20-30 more pounds and moving inside.

Has anyone noticed almost all of the Trevon Grimes sized DEs/Edges are gone? The stench of Mullen and Gratham's flyweight DL is washed away.
I’m on board with getting the talent in numbers, which we did on DL and DB and WR. Hope we hit on all cylinders in the portal.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Merry Christmas you filthy animals.

Recruiting: Nape has done everything we could ask. I've dreamed of having his dedication. The results are a very solid tier 2-3 class. History tells us it doesn't get better. There's hope. Hope that either kids stop following NIL or we start to participate in NIL. Or hope that he miraculously does better the next 4 years. So we got that going for us. Can you win championships with sub championship level talent? Maybe, with a generational QB and exceptional coaching. Guess we
have to hope for both.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Q for those in the know:

Which is the better HS all American game and why: Under Armour or US Army

We have a bunch in the Under Armour, but iirc, Tebow was in the US Army game.

Has interest waned since ESD?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
2023 All-American Bowl will be at 1:00 PM on
Saturday January 7 - NBC

2023 Under Armour All American
January 3rd @ 5pm

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Q for those in the know:

Which is the better HS all American game and why: Under Armour or US Army

We have a bunch in the Under Armour, but iirc, Tebow was in the US Army game.

Has interest waned since ESD?
The Under Armour game far and away has the most talent of the HS ALL Star games. Remember years ago the US Army HS game was really the only national game of its kind, and there were some regional games, but Army game got the only coverage. Then Under Armour as a young company with desirable products at the time, started this game and brought in former HC's from the NFL etc. And I assume b/c the goodies were better, that most of the top players stated going there. Tho Under Armour has not flourished recently as a company, their HS game is still got much better quality players.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The Under Armour game far and away has the most talent of the HS ALL Star games. Remember years ago the US Army HS game was really the only national game of its kind, and there were some regional games, but Army game got the only coverage. Then Under Armour as a young company with desirable products at the time, started this game and brought in former HC's from the NFL etc. And I assume b/c the goodies were better, that most of the top players stated going there. Tho Under Armour has not flourished recently as a company, their HS game is still got much better quality players.
Thanks for the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator