Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is a decent collage of articles from @on3 about Rashada, the class, the recruiting plan for Florida, his learning from first cycle. A bunch of short takes that actually help balance the pumpers and dumpers hanging out here. I really believe this man learns at a high intelligence rate, so I'm confident the product will continue to get better over time.
I refuse to read that.
I don't need to love him any more than I already do. //Ox

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This is a decent collage of articles from @on3 about Rashada, the class, the recruiting plan for Florida, his learning from first cycle. A bunch of short takes that actually help balance the pumpers and dumpers hanging out here. I really believe this man learns at a high intelligence rate, so I'm confident the product will continue to get better over time.
Recruiting the State of Florida and closing on top talent within the state will lead to having the talent to compete for championships.

We did better this year in the top 20-50 Florida recruits but had none in the top 20.

BN and staff are working the Florida HSs and, hopefully, will continue to make more long term in-roads.

Miami killed it this year for top 20 talent in Florida. I think (hope) their approach won't pan out long term.

FSU stunk up the joint. Again. :lol:

Need the Florida legislature to "accidently" pass short term "barriers to entry" legislation for out of state programs. (fuching Leghumpers) :lol:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting the State of Florida and closing on top talent within the state will lead to having the talent to compete for championships.

We did better this year in the top 20-50 Florida recruits but had none in the top 20.

BN and staff are working the Florida HSs and, hopefully, will continue to make more long term in-roads.

Miami killed it this year for top 20 talent in Florida. I think (hope) their approach won't pan out long term.

FSU stunk up the joint. Again. :lol:

Need the Florida legislature to "accidently" pass short term "barriers to entry" legislation for out of state programs. (fuching Leghumpers) :lol:
Agreed that getting the state’s best will always be a goal and a step towards championships; however, you’ve got to take into account that not only are we vying with F$U/Miami and maybe UCF, but also many other top programs (read as Bama and UGA most specifically). Thus, we’ve got to recruit very well regionally/nationally for 1/3 (more or less) of our recruits to get and maintain the overall level of talent to move from good to elite consistently in my opinion. As several have mentioned, what Billy and staff accomplish through the portal primarily and maybe with a couple of unsigned HS players can add icing to the cake. I think the portal will be the best place immediately to do that, so it will become more interesting as all the lesser bowls in particular wrap things up.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed that getting the state’s best will always be a goal and a step towards championships; however, you’ve got to take into account that not only are we vying with F$U/Miami and maybe UCF, but also many other top programs (read as Bama and UGA most specifically). Thus, we’ve got to recruit very well regionally/nationally for 1/3 (more or less) of our recruits to get and maintain the overall level of talent to move from good to elite consistently in my opinion. As several have mentioned, what Billy and staff accomplish through the portal primarily and maybe with a couple of unsigned HS players can add icing to the cake. I think the portal will be the best place immediately to do that, so it will become more interesting as all the lesser bowls in particular wrap things up.
Long term, I would like to see the Big three in Florida squeeze out (mostly) the Buttsniffers and Bamma. I think there will always be a few loses... but outsiders have had it too easy. I would also like UF to dominate the big three.

Post in thread '2023 Recruiting Thread' Recruiting - 2023 Recruiting Thread

Short term... I agree, the Portal may be a way to fill in and they will probably be regional.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Thoughts from Donkey:

Hopefully the young 260ish pound DEs we did sign can manage to find the weightroom, unlike Princely and the others. Just follow Pyburn, gentlemen. BTW, given the talent we signed at DE, I don't suspect Pyburn will be able to hold them off for long, but I can see him putting on 20-30 more pounds and moving inside.

Has anyone noticed almost all of the Trevon Grimes sized DEs/Edges are gone? The stench of Mullen and Gratham's flyweight DL is washed away.
First let me say, I'll need donkey to spell the word Trask as a security check at the beginning of all his messages.

I really was looking for a place to drop some info that is related to donkeys concerns.
During one of the exit interviews a transferring player had with Napier he asked what the kid, what could they do better or changes he would recomend.
The player said the new strength coach has to go. The workouts are a joke compared to what Savage implemented to the point the guys who are serious about making gains have resorted back to doing workout on their own. If you remember the same was going on under butters Scandinavian weight coach before Savage turned it around. He also told Napier everyone absolutely hates the guy.

Let me say, I have no way of knowing if what the player said is true, but his words to CBN are 100% real.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
First let me say, I'll need donkey to spell the word Trask as a security check at the beginning of all his messages.

I really was looking for a place to drop some info that is related to donkeys concerns.
During one of the exit interviews a transferring player had with Napier he asked what the kid, what could they do better or changes he would recomend.
The player said the new strength coach has to go. The workouts are a joke compared to what Savage implemented to the point the guys who are serious about making gains have resorted back to doing workout on their own. If you remember the same was going on under butters Scandinavian weight coach before Savage turned it around. He also told Napier everyone absolutely hates the guy.

Let me say, I have no way of knowing if what the player said is true, but his words to CBN are 100% real.

That one’s a head scratcher at what’s true. Part of me could believe it and part of me sees that the ones making the most gains are Billy’s guys who were in that program before here or freshman. Could be part of the buy in being the Mullen guys want the old Savage program that even Spurrier trashed

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I agree.

This class could, on the field, overall, do better than 2010s, all time best recruiting class (on paper) that UF has ever had. (I seriously doubt it but there were some busts and we did have Muschamp as a coach :lol:)

But on paper? It's not worth comparing. Why even bring it up? (journalists). 2010 >>> 2023

I wasn't trying to nail you for posting the link. I was nailing the "beat writers" for the headlines.
It’ll obviously be a couple of years before we know how good this class is, but that 2010 class had a surprising number of either outright busts and guys who either never lived up to their potential or did it somewhere else. (To go along with some real rock stars.) I know it’s what we all do, but rating classes the year they sign is silly.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sharkman took us there twice I think

Did he beat the team during the regular season that won the SEC the year prior, played for the NC at the start of the year, pulled Top 3 recruiting classes each year for the past decade and that’s coached by arguably the GOAT head coach in the college ranks in order to get to the SECCG? Yeah, I didn’t think so your point is irrelevant.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It’ll obviously be a couple of years before we know how good this class is, but that 2010 class had a surprising number of either outright busts and guys who either never lived up to their potential or did it somewhere else. (To go along with some real rock stars.) I know it’s what we all do, but rating classes the year they sign is silly.

It's like shaking the Christmas present boxes as kids ... silly, at times, but nessessary.

I put most of the busts on the field in Muschamps lap.

Because ... well... he's Muschamp. :lol:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Billy’s got a little introspection to do, no doubt. But despite his warts, he’s not on an endless vacation or hawking barbecue sauce. There’s an upside there.

And yet, you left off that he’s not fcvking sharks...and we all know you to be an honest man. Things that make you go hmmmm. :scratchhead:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Comparing the 2010 class (on paper) to the 2023 class (on paper)?

I hate how "journalists" use headlines.

2010 class:..............2023 class:
#1 in the country....# 12 in the country
28 commits ............20 commits
6 three stars............2 three stars
22 "blue chips"........18 "blue chips:
-----‐----------------------
3 DL # 1 at position plus ... 0 at #1
4 @ #2 position plus ..........0 at #2
11 @ Top 10 position .........4 @ Top 10

2010 had 18 in the Top 10 thier position.

2023 has 4.

2023 is a decent class. Solid Dline and WRs. Need LB, TE, more DL and OL.

Still is too small and has holes in it (that can/will be filled at NSD and with the portal).

But it should not be compared to 2010s class in any way, shape or form.

Ronald Powell, Dominique Easley, Shari's Floyed on the D line.
Who is comparing that? 2010 is the best UF class ever. It’s only the best since 2010 because all the other classes,other than one of Muschamp’s classes, completely sucked.

Muschamp would’ve not been that bad, but he never recruited any OL.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's impossible for UF to get national championships going forward but I do think it will be even more difficult than before. I do know if we don't try, we certainly won't get there. I think the effort is being put in and the groundwork is being laid for a better shot at it.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Who is comparing that? 2010 is the best UF class ever. It’s only the best since 2010 because all the other classes,other than one of Muschamp’s classes, completely sucked.

Muschamp would’ve not been that bad, but he never recruited any OL.
Napier's OL recruiting hasn't been anything to write home about. He's been average at interior OL recruiting but his tackle recruiting has been pure dog shyt. If he doesn't go ape shyt in the portal over the next few weeks we'll be wishing we had a Muschamp level OL.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Thoughts from Donkey:

Hopefully the young 260ish pound DEs we did sign can manage to find the weightroom, unlike Princely and the others. Just follow Pyburn, gentlemen. BTW, given the talent we signed at DE, I don't suspect Pyburn will be able to hold them off for long, but I can see him putting on 20-30 more pounds and moving inside.

Has anyone noticed almost all of the Trevon Grimes sized DEs/Edges are gone? The stench of Mullen and Gratham's flyweight DL is washed away.
In the press conference, billy actually said most of the big guys are already 10-15 pounds heavier than what was stated

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Napier's OL recruiting hasn't been anything to write home about. He's been average at interior OL recruiting but his tackle recruiting has been pure dog shyt. If he doesn't go ape shyt in the portal over the next few weeks we'll be wishing we had a Muschamp level OL.
The problem wasn’t the talent with Muschamp. He always recruited. Great talent. Even his OL had great talent because he was big in transfer athletes. Biggest problem was his inability to recruit OL at the high school level. At one point he had only recruited 2 in two years.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I don't think it's impossible for UF to get national championships going forward but I do think it will be even more difficult than before. I do know if we don't try, we certainly won't get there. I think the effort is being put in and the groundwork is being laid for a better shot at it.
I think we should forfeit if we win the east. I would hate to be embarrassed in the SEC championship game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator