Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a one page recap of where we stand for us guys who feel filthy wondering what some 16 year old kid is going to do next year?
the Judge Jackson Brown black lady thread is where you need to be

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Change is great no doubt, but I'll wait for results. Call me crazy.

I agree with Ox that there is fundamental change for the better afoot, and we all realize we won’t know how effective it will be until we see results on the field and at ESD & NSD.

We are also very much in the honeymoon phase of a new coach & staff bringing energy and opportunities for players to re-boot and grow. Mullen had that phase, too. Some of that was real. Savage was a vast improvement. Nord & Nuss GONE were improvements. There were on field improvements too but not in recruiting and it imploded just like Mac and Chump did.

There are a lot of unknowns looming for the fall, of course, and more for the long term, but I’m on board and like what I see so far much more than the last 3 transitions.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Savage was a vast improvement.

This is an example of a reason I’m not yet in the everything is wonderful camp for Napier. Maybe it will be, but this board drooled over Savage and attacked @ltraz if he doubted his background/credentials or the value of some of our players shirt off pics.

Well, did you see our combine and pro day results on the forty or bench? Not a glowing review for the team’s strength and conditioning coach the last 4 years. Maybe he was better than his predecessor, but there isn’t much evidence he was any good either. Areas where strength was key (OL and defense front 7) suggest the opposite over the last few years.

He did yell loud and have a raspy voice. That was good for videos.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Im with you @Sec14Gator. Im just glad muLLLLLLLen and fathead todd aint hear no more. Im also going to pump until I see reason not to pump. Im a little worried about all the injuries so far to be honest but for the vast majority it seems like there is a lot to still be pumping about. This is just college football and the Gators are my favorite team. I got so many other more important things in my life to be so non-biased about that I will be a pumper about the Gators until its obvious its just homerism. A huge emphasis has been placed on recruiting compared to previous 2 staffs and it just seems like we have a head coach who has a plan and knows what the he!! he's doing about it all. Im grabbing my surfboard and riding this wave.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Im grabbing my surfboard and riding this wave.

This may be a perfect analogy of both your position and mine. Right now, you are standing on the beach with that surfboard because there are no waves to surf. Rather, we are all checking the radar and see the projections that a giant swell is coming. In either instance, it’s great to be in Florida and by the water, just as it’s Great to be a Florida Gator.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This may be a perfect analogy of both your position and mine. Right now, you are standing on the beach with that surfboard because there are no waves to surf. Rather, we are all checking the radar and see the projections that a giant swell is coming. In either instance, it’s great to be in Florida and by the water, just as it’s Great to be a Florida Gator.

No waves to surf? muLLLLLLen aint our coach. We have more stars visiting, revisiting and rerevisiting the campus than the hubble has taken pictures. Plenty of waves right now to surf. 365 days ago the horizon was glass and today its like standing on the north shore in comparison. Pffft...gtfo of here with no waves.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Im with you @Sec14Gator. Im grabbing my surfboard and riding this wave.

Pretty good way to put it.

I'm just glad the waves that are absent is FATT Todd is no longer jumping off our boat. But if results of this staff go with the work we'll get there. We may not have the waves of the North Shore in Oahu, but certainly more to ride than what Mullentham was creating.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
No waves to surf? muLLLLLLen aint our coach. We have more stars visiting, revisiting and rerevisiting the campus than the hubble has taken pictures. Plenty of waves right now to surf. 365 days ago the horizon was glass and today its like standing on the north shore in comparison. Pffft...gtfo of here with no waves.

The storm or tsunami or any other crappy situation that completely keeps you from the beach (aka Dan and Todd) is gone. That's great, obviously. But, thisnew group has at best projections of something building on the horizon. If the recruits start committing in April, great the waves are coming in then. If we start winning games, playing more disciplined, improving as the season goes, AR really shines as we expect, and, most importantly, recruiting finishes in the top 5/6 then yes the build up we are anticipating and 5* visitors have hit shore. Until then, we are all still looking at the horizon. Based on volume of time here, checking frequently.

Even though many here hated the Mullen hire and thought he would not recruit well, the one thing he did early (and many here lauded repeatedly as being different from lazy Jim) was get 5*s to visit and talk about how much better the atmosphere was than elsewhere. This group have more and more glowing reviews. But so far, they have similar commits. Ox's point that it is early is also fair.

Results matter. Looks like we are headed towards results with the staff, facilities, housing, food and parking, but we don't have commits and will not see the on field product for months.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The storm or tsunami or any other crappy situation that completely keeps you from the beach (aka Dan and Todd) is gone. That's great, obviously. But, thisnew group has at best projections of something building on the horizon. If the recruits start committing in April, great the waves are coming in then. If we start winning games, playing more disciplined, improving as the season goes, AR really shines as we expect, and, most importantly, recruiting finishes in the top 5/6 then yes the build up we are anticipating and 5* visitors have hit shore. Until then, we are all still looking at the horizon. Based on volume of time here, checking frequently.

Even though many here hated the Mullen hire and thought he would not recruit well, the one thing he did early (and many here lauded repeatedly as being different from lazy Jim) was get 5*s to visit and talk about how much better the atmosphere was than elsewhere. This group have more and more glowing reviews. But so far, they have similar commits. Ox's point that it is early is also fair.

Results matter. Looks like we are headed towards results with the staff, facilities, housing, food and parking, but we don't have commits and will not see the on field product for months.

Agree on the aggregate but not so much on how similar muLLLLLLen's start to Napier's start. Totally different from my recollection, but whatevers. Again, you can just continue to sit in the corner and sulk over all your scars. Its just college football and there hasn't been anything yet going on to pout about. Im going to be a pumper until there isn't a reason to pump anymore...and I don't consider what happened 4 or 7 years ago a reason to be a poopy head now.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
hasn't been anything yet going on to pout about.

First, not pouting. Just not acting like it's all turned around already. Second:

images

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
I do not remember in the past 10 years (longer) where I have seen visit lists like now. Like everyone has stated, time will tell if anything actually happens with all these visits, but at least they are visiting!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
First, not pouting. Just not acting like it's all turned around already. Second:

images

You are a poopy head. No one is acting likes its turned around. Just posting whats currently going on, thats all, and currently not really anything to complain about unless you want to keep complaining about stuff from 4-7 years ago.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Recruiting was clearly better under Mullen. We finished in the top 10 at least. I have no idea why we are pretending that it was not. I think time to bring out the hot seat. Everyone here living in lala land and in deep denial.

Here is an article from the Atlantic going into detail about how broken the program currently became after CBN was hired.

bit.do/YeetYeet

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Recruiting was clearly better under Mullen. We finished in the top 10 at least. I have no idea why we are pretending that it was not. I think time to bring out the hot seat. Everyone here living in lala land and in deep denial.

Here is an article from the Atlantic going into detail about how broken the program currently became after CBN was hired.

bit.do/YeetYeet

I think I know where this is going... Not me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.