Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Recruiting was clearly better under Mullen. We finished in the top 10 at least. I have no idea why we are pretending that it was not. I think time to bring out the hot seat. Everyone here living in lala land and in deep denial.

Here is an article from the Atlantic going into detail about how broken the program currently became after CBN was hired.

bit.do/YeetYeet
i-aint-clicking-that-****.jpg

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It's ridiculous to complain about commits right now.

76079347.jpg

The issue is not one of complaining. It is whether the level of pumping, don't worry-isms, and we have tons of silent commits is justified yet. We'll see.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Oh...I dont know, since its college football and my blood bleeds orange and blue, pumping is always justified until its clear it isn't justified. Nobody is making up stuff to pump about (around here at least), they are just pumping about what they are seeing: a new staff that has put a huge emphasis on recruiting.

Sitting around and crying about what happened in the past is the thing that isnt justified. Only poopy heads do that. Somebody give the baby their bottle and check to see if their little diaper is full so they can stop crying.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Looks like they got another one, Ox. Hearing about GBHOR wasn’t all that surprising. There have been offsite discussions about his sanity for years. And Ancient, well, Ancient’s just Ancient. But until this day I never would’ve believed they’d turn Sec14. I’m not saying he has an Finkle style anti-Napier room in his house. But I wouldn’t be shocked if there have already been some measurements taken for the wallpaper. This one hurts.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This is an example of a reason I’m not yet in the everything is wonderful camp for Napier. Maybe it will be, but this board drooled over Savage and attacked @ltraz if he doubted his background/credentials or the value of some of our players shirt off pics.

Well, did you see our combine and pro day results on the forty or bench? Not a glowing review for the team’s strength and conditioning coach the last 4 years. Maybe he was better than his predecessor, but there isn’t much evidence he was any good either. Areas where strength was key (OL and defense front 7) suggest the opposite over the last few years.

He did yell loud and have a raspy voice. That was good for videos.

Point taken, but I took the combine results as a reflection more on our inadequate recruiting.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Visiting right now. Posting pics from the indoor practice facility on IG. I dont think its a visit, just in town for Florida Relays.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This guy is open to us now even though we didn't make his top 5. I really dont know how much of a shot we have to get him but the interesting part is why he is now wants to take a visit.

I had dropped my top five, and I really thought I was locked in on those five schools. I had a change of heart, so I decided to open my recruitment up a little bit more. AJ was telling me 'man you gotta go visit Florida, whatever you do, go visit Florida'. He kept telling me to go check them out and how it was different there. He's been to more schools than I have, so he will tell me some different places to go see. I had been talking to them for a while, but I got on the phone with Coach Spence, to get the relationship going. We have just been talking for a little minute. He likes my tape and he told me how he came from the Giants and how he loves it at Florida. I am definitely going to get up there ASAP whenever I can. I want to do a weekend to get up there and really see it.

AJ is AJ Harris. Team mates.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sec14 was one of those guys solidly against the hire, outraged that Napier was brought in. It's going to take a while to turn those guys.
I get the pessimism after the the last decade, but I really don’t know how anyone can’t be excited about the changes. Our facilities are about to be in the top 10%, we’ve got a massive support staff, 4 & 5* recruits are buzzing about everything AND actually visiting the campus. It’s like a complete 180!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I get the pessimism after the the last decade, but I really don’t know how anyone can’t be excited about the changes. Our facilities are about to be in the top 10%, we’ve got a massive support staff, 4 & 5* recruits are buzzing about everything AND actually visiting the campus. It’s like a complete 180!

Yep. Time will tell but for now CBN is rockin the house and giving us the best chances we have seen in years. I dont expect overnight success but I do expect to see much better coaching and discipline.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Top flight recruits haven't raved about their UF visits like this since Meyer was here. We may not win any championships under Napier, but you'd have to be blind to say things don't feel different.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sec14 was one of those guys solidly against the hire, outraged that Napier was brought in. It's going to take a while to turn those guys.

I get that. But rumors of him watching Kill Bill over and over seems extreme. As I said, the other two loons don’t surprise me. I just held Sec14 to a higher standard.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

:exactly:
This, exactly this. I don't give two schitz what anyone says about the start of Mullen vs. Napier. No way in HELL this is the same.

MJM nailed it here.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There is that point = that all this is really a start. The "More to come" solidly appears to be more substantial than UF has experienced in decades. We're all for that.
I never knew that there was all this broadblast of dedication & involvement invested in a Gator football Program.? What I see is new & renewed determination. I want us to trust Napier along with his staff choices. Can't wait to see the inevitable payoff for all Gator fans.

P.S.>> Nap's GatorStory could be a media "darling" after a few wins. (Media looks for stuff of Lombardi-like transformations to bloviate over.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator