Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We get it...we need depth.
Napier said our starters can hang with anyone but depth is a concern.

I'm hoping in this area Nap-n-crew's Vince Lombardi attitude will swing some upset games our way.??

I can't speak for Law, but I think even he would say it's too effing early to be b!tching about recruiting.

But never too early to blitch.

I'm much more pessimistic than the next guy.

And as a Gator fan, he's jealous.

Name names. They should be ruthlessly harassed by the rest of us.
Outside their residences.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Thanks for sharing.

236076c3-72d2-4676-94f8-c97a93b316dd_text.gif

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It's actually 4 commits.
But if the next 4 commits are 98 or higher we should average out just fine. :dance:

I dont disagree with anything you are really saying...however...we average out to just over 93 if we add the players we can pretty much say we are getting: Cormani McClain, Derrick LeBlanc, Treyaun Webb, Aidan Mizell and Troy Bowles. Throw in AJ Harris and Hykeem Williams and we are over 94. Plus, I think Patterson and Creed might get a bump

I think if we are still in the sub 93 area in September then its time to worry but a lot of stuff is still in the oven cooking and Knijeah Harris and Creed Whitmore are great pick ups.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still, Nap is a newcomer accomplishing all he can -- and it's all good & headed for better.
2024 recruits will be seeing Nap's "first-line" gators play with max enthusiasm. That should highly recommend them signing on to join these Gators..??
All should want to be where the enjoyment action is. Let's do this long-term investment with Nap-n-crew, and the Fighting Gators.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Napier has this thing going in all we've been asking regarding recruiting. He's going after the big ones, hitting IMG, working with IN STATE coaches, on and on. With all that looks to sign in this class will help will give that 2024 class something to pay attention to. With Harris signing and "we're not done" lets you know that these recruits are going to recruit hard to bring the players they want as team mates. It's exciting to see a coach actually following through and not only checking the boxes. I think we're on the verge of some good news to come this summer.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I dont disagree with anything you are really saying...however...we average out to just over 93 if we add the players we can pretty much say we are getting: Cormani McClain, Derrick LeBlanc, Treyaun Webb, Aidan Mizell and Troy Bowles. Throw in AJ Harris and Hykeem Williams and we are over 94. Plus, I think Patterson and Creed might get a bump

I think if we are still in the sub 93 area in September then its time to worry but a lot of stuff is still in the oven cooking and Knijeah Harris and Creed Whitmore are great pick ups.
Unlike most replies to Threats post, which ONLY contained numbers (those pesky, enraging things) without comment, your reply was reasonable.

To paraphrase: If we still have a Kentucky/Vandy/SC type of player star average after the summer (assuming we have, at that point, 10 or so commits) then we (youins) can get "worried"?

Dec 21th we'll know.

Just beat the leghumpers.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Donkey emailed me his thoughts about it being too early to complain:

"Waaay too early. Remember Tebow, Spikes and Harvin were late commits in 2005, and we were damn worried for good reason about a late visit to Trailerbammer by them. Tebow himself said he thought Mullen was a penis and was leaning toward Trailerbammer until Meyer reeled him back in.

We have a lot of things to repair. I COULD be sold on the theory that this class isn't CRITICAL, if we were to own the state first. There is a lot of repairing to be done after the last few staffs.

We're also swimming in the deep end of the pool trying to land 5 stars and 4+ kids. If we were Mullening and just taking anyone that would say yes, we could be full of low 4 stars and 3 stars by now. "

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

"Waaay too early. Remember Tebow, Spikes and Harvin were late commits in 2005, and we were damn worried for good reason about a late visit to Trailerbammer by them. Tebow himself said he thought Mullen was a penis and was leaning toward Trailerbammer until Meyer reeled him back in.

We have a lot of things to repair. I COULD be sold on the theory that this class isn't CRITICAL, if we were to own the state first. There is a lot of repairing to be done after the last few staffs.

We're also swimming in the deep end of the pool trying to land 5 stars and 4+ kids. If we were Mullening and just taking anyone that would say yes, we could be full of low 4 stars and 3 stars by now. "
Flicking pumper. :bandit:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Not legit. Doesn’t sound like donk. At all.

Okay, the “Tebow thought mullen was a penis” actually DOES sound like donk, but that’s it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I do kinda miss donkey and I think he would be happy thus far with how things are going. I know he would love Kniheah Harris commit and the attention this staff is making to the LOS. I think he is spot on with the comments about if Napier was muLLLLLLening we'd be full up on a bunch of 3 stars by now. I just got tired of Donk popping up on every single thread to say the same thing over and over again.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I do kinda miss donkey and I think he would be happy thus far with how things are going. I know he would love Kniheah Harris commit and the attention this staff is making to the LOS. I think he is spot on with the comments about if Napier was muLLLLLLening we'd be full up on a bunch of 3 stars by now. I just got tired of Donk popping up on every single thread to say the same thing over and over again.
So did he apparently. :lol:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

First we have to get the players we have to at least play respectfully. I am so sick of undisciplined slop. If you miss the tackle is one thing but to get there and not wrap up? How many games were lost because of flags? I'm okay with aggression but motion in the "Red Zone", cheap shots, hitting out of bounds...THROWING CLEETS?

We win the games we are supposed to win, start dishing out NIL, and at least play with class...they will come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.