Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also not sold on the idea that because of his genetics he's going to be a superstar. It's all about what he has upstairs far more than his physical abilities. The jury is still very much out on that.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Example:

-He can make $500,000 by going to UF
-He can make $2,000,000 by going to LSU

Why would he choose UF?

'cause UF money won't be counterfeit.
Did you know that the only criminals who don't want to make big money are counterfeiters.??

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
2-0 vs the zooker ain’t nothing to brag about. But even counting his wins, that’s 2-4 vs UF and ole piss is not a major rival. Hardly a wash.
4-2 and one Heisman over the Mannings. I think the Heisman is a bigger deal than Peyton losing 4 to the Gators.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I'm also not sold on the idea that because of his genetics he's going to be a superstar. It's all about what he has upstairs far more than his physical abilities. The jury is still very much out on that.

Yes. See Jones, Emory.

I think that “upstairs” is what made Peyton and Eli elite. They read defenses and worked through their progressions exceedingly well AND were supremely dedicated in preparation and practice. I’m too young to remember much about Archie as he labored in obscurity for the Aints.

Whether of not Arch has that mental capacity and tenacity is huge.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I admire Napier getting Manning in the door - he's working his ass off. Perhaps Manning is even serious about UF, I don't know. Unlike others, I just think Manning is going to go to the highest bidder, and I would be stunned if that was our Gators. I hope we don't give him so much attention that it comes at the expense of other blue chips we can actually land.

TN makes a good point above that Manning's family will probably LOVE Napier's southern personality and style. And while I'm sure the older Manning's do indeed hate UF, it's not unusual for these teenagers who weren't around for decades-earlier hatred to want to carve their own way outside of family tradition.
I don't think they're gonna be shopping the best NIL deal. They're gonna be shopping the best opportunity. Our qb room is dog shcit after AR leaves. They're looking for a chance to play right away or very early. An offensive minded coach. He wants to pave his own way. And pur fans are gonna treat him like a rock star when he visits.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I admire Napier getting Manning in the door - he's working his ass off. Perhaps Manning is even serious about UF, I don't know. Unlike others, I just think Manning is going to go to the highest bidder, and I would be stunned if that was our Gators. I hope we don't give him so much attention that it comes at the expense of other blue chips we can actually land.

TN makes a good point above that Manning's family will probably LOVE Napier's southern personality and style. And while I'm sure the older Manning's do indeed hate UF, it's not unusual for these teenagers who weren't around for decades-earlier hatred to want to carve their own way outside of family tradition.

Definitely put me in the "shocked" category if he committed.

I just look at the one's left on his radar and see that UF does have something to offer him. But I defintely agree that it is not about the $$$. It will be about best opportunity, PT, etc. Each one of the 5 schools has it pros and cons to the decision.

It would really be weird, but stranger things have happened.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Bigger issue to me is that for all Napier is doing right with his leadership of the program, he doesn’t have a glittering resume re: QB development. Tahj Boyd and that guy from Colorado State Garrett Grayson? Doesn’t mean he can’t and AR may become that star pupil, but compared to say Corey Raymond as a DB magnet he’s go some potential to realize.

I don’t share the Manning disdain. If we can get him on campus we have a shot, so take it. Maybe he’s the next Brock Berlin (overrated) or maybe he’ll be great. Play it out.

Let me know what you think about the QB development at Texas, UGA, Ole Miss and LSU.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I bet we dont take a QB this year. Its been said that we are only going after 3 QBs and it sounds like Manning, Moore and Holstein. Just not a lot of good ones this year but there probably will be some good ones in the portal at the end of 22 season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I bet we dont take a QB this year. Its been said that we are only going after 3 QBs and it sounds like Manning, Moore and Holstein. Just not a lot of good ones this year but there probably will be some good ones in the portal at the end of 22 season.

Agreed. Just like how they're persuing it. When it comes down to it and looking at the other 4 in the mix, with all the pros and cons one can say, Why Not UF?

Either way, CBN has got to be planning for life after AR15.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If AR has a really good season and is a projected top 5 pick in the draft, which is certainly possible, then that will for sure get young Manning's attention. I doubt we'll get him because his family members may encourage him not to, but we do have a decent chance, which is not what we could say last year. I think it would be funny if he came here and became the only Manning to win a national championship.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Let me know what you think about the QB development at Texas, UGA, Ole Miss and LSU.

What I think? I think Billy is a great coach and will show it. I’m just thinking about the sales pitch. The others I can only go off what I read in their bios.

Sarkesian cites Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Matt Ryan, Tua, Mac Jones…

Kiffin claims Matt Corral, Jalen Hurts, Jake Coker, Matt Barkley among others

UGA - Kirby has proven he can drive players to new horizons. He’s really botched having highly rated QBs

Kelly - not too impressive. He seems to think his dog clarabell could do well enough.

What do you think?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
What do you think?

I think Texas ain't put crap in the NFL in a long time and nothing seems to be changing there anytime soon.

I think UGA's development of QBs is pretty p!ss poor with a consistent history or running off the top QBs they sign.

I think Ole Miss has a coach who has one foot out the door waiting for that first opportunity to bolt even though nobody is really offering.

I think LSU aint got a single thing better than what Napier is doing.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Did you ever consider the fact that kid might want to make his OWN money? Why leave huge amounts of money on the table if you don't have to? The only schools he's considering are established football programs, so it's not like his NFL prospects are going to get hurt here.

Example:

-He can make $500,000 by going to UF
-He can make $2,000,000 by going to LSU

Why would he choose UF?

So you're Arch...Pro-set. Why in the world would you play for Kelly?

Maybe TAMU?

I bet there are several Uber rich Ole Miss alumni ready to step up.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think Texas ain't put crap in the NFL in a long time and nothing seems to be changing there anytime soon.

I think UGA's development of QBs is pretty p!ss poor with a consistent history or running off the top QBs they sign.

I think Ole Miss has a coach who has one foot out the door waiting for that first opportunity to bolt even though nobody is really offering.

Texas hasn’t had much since Vince Young and he wasn’t developed, just crazy talented. But would you expect the prospects to look at the current staff? If I were looking at Sark, I’d see the stacked resume but wonder about his stability given his prior implosion.

I’m not a Kiffin fan and wouldn’t trust him either.

So if your point was to show me that our chances are better than it may appear on the surface, well done.

No idea how NIL will influence this for or against UF, but I do believe our coaches are making a superb effort to reverse the trend of the last 10 years.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

This is why I don't think it is such of a stretch that we have a chance.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.