Recruiting 2023 Recruiting Thread: 4* OT Caden Jones completes the class

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I didnt realize that Coach Spencer and Will Norman were pretty tight. Will's comments...

Me and Coach Spence definitely have a good relationship. We had a relationship even before he was recruiting me at Florida. We had a relationship back when he was with the Giants. He would drop gems on me even when I was back making the trips to IMG. He was dropping gems on me getting ready for IMG. It's translating now as he's my college recruiter and it's eye opening. It's comfortable I would say. Definitely comfortable.

Just watching the team, I feel like I can see myself being like an early impact. I can definitely see myself getting in and being someone early in the system. That just means a lot to me. Especially being at the highest level. This is the SEC, so I can see myself being an early impact if I did chose the Gator. They tell me there is a need at my position and that is something I could see from watching the game. Me being me, I can see myself coming here and making an early impact. That is what I am looking forward to doing in college.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Arch Manning is coming to Florida. I'm sorry but it's happening. Some of you guys just need to deal with it. I'm actually excited about it.

Let it be noted: Arch Manning will never wear a Gator uniform (As a gator) or commit to the Gators ever. I have $100.00 cash that I promise to pay if I am wrong. Anyone? If he choses elsewhere I get paid.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let it be noted: Arch Manning will soon wear a Gator uniform (As a gator) and commit to the Gators very soon. I have $100.00 cash that I promise to pay if I am wrong. Anyone? If he choses elsewhere u get paid.

Hell yeah! This is what I'm talkin about. Any of you pussies willing to step up to the plate?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Why would we want to waste time or money on anything Manning related?

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We don’t have a developed offensive line for him to come here. He’s not going to spend his collegiate career throwing bubble screens or running around outside the pocket.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We don’t have a developed offensive line for him to come here. He’s not going to spend his collegiate career throwing bubble screens or running around outside the pocket.

Bigger issue to me is that for all Napier is doing right with his leadership of the program, he doesn’t have a glittering resume re: QB development. Tahj Boyd and that guy from Colorado State Garrett Grayson? Doesn’t mean he can’t and AR may become that star pupil, but compared to say Corey Raymond as a DB magnet he’s go some potential to realize.

I don’t share the Manning disdain. If we can get him on campus we have a shot, so take it. Maybe he’s the next Brock Berlin (overrated) or maybe he’ll be great. Play it out.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I am not a Manning Family fan by any stretch of the imagination. Not at all!!!!

It is a good that that UF is still in the conversation, yes. It is getting traction and recruits see that. I really feel that Manning will not sign with UF, but it tells me Napier is doing the work. Something we haven't had in a while.

UF, Texas, UGAly, LSUck, Ole Piss.....This could get a little crazy. One thing I do see is how the "Manning Family" does things and the coach could be the deal maker.
Kirby, well that's Kirby. What QB had he developed to be in the NFL? Honestly can't remember.
Kiffen, good with Qb's, but will the Manning's want that Drama? Who knows
Sark, at Texas he's been nothing IMO, nothing without Bammer.
Kelly, he'll just grind you from behind and not sure if he's a QB Whisperer.
Napier, nothing indicates that he's a QB whisperer in his own right, but he could be a down to earth guy the Mannings like. Napier could build around him. Again not a fan, but if AR leaves within a year there it is Wide Open for a QB at UF.

Who knows how this will go. Like I said, don't think he'll come here. NIL means nothing to him, just a bonus. But this could get really interesting. UF still being in the mix is a good thing for recruiting IMO.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I admire Napier getting Manning in the door - he's working his ass off. Perhaps Manning is even serious about UF, I don't know. Unlike others, I just think Manning is going to go to the highest bidder, and I would be stunned if that was our Gators. I hope we don't give him so much attention that it comes at the expense of other blue chips we can actually land.

TN makes a good point above that Manning's family will probably LOVE Napier's southern personality and style. And while I'm sure the older Manning's do indeed hate UF, it's not unusual for these teenagers who weren't around for decades-earlier hatred to want to carve their own way outside of family tradition.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Ok, I am not a Manning Family fan by any stretch of the imagination. Not at all!!!!

It is a good that that UF is still in the conversation, yes. It is getting traction and recruits see that. I really feel that Manning will not sign with UF, but it tells me Napier is doing the work. Something we haven't had in a while.

UF, Texas, UGAly, LSUck, Ole Piss.....This could get a little crazy. One thing I do see is how the "Manning Family" does things and the coach could be the deal maker.
Kirby, well that's Kirby. What QB had he developed to be in the NFL? Honestly can't remember.
Kiffen, good with Qb's, but will the Manning's want that Drama? Who knows
Sark, at Texas he's been nothing IMO, nothing without Bammer.
Kelly, he'll just grind you from behind and not sure if he's a QB Whisperer.
Napier, nothing indicates that he's a QB whisperer in his own right, but he could be a down to earth guy the Mannings like. Napier could build around him. Again not a fan, but if AR leaves within a year there it is Wide Open for a QB at UF.

Who knows how this will go. Like I said, don't think he'll come here. NIL means nothing to him, just a bonus. But this could get really interesting. UF still being in the mix is a good thing for recruiting IMO.

@oxrageous: The Manning are all loaded. He does not need the money

TN
This kid has been groomed from birth to throw a football. Archie is the "Man-o-War" of the QB studs.
The Manning's have been holding football camps for decades.
This kid gets a personal nutritional programs, work-out programs, and QB training. He has since he was a toddler.

But he is a teenager. Again, I say he goes to Ole Miss for the legacy and the offense. Just like he went to Newman.
OR
He shakes it up and leaves the SEC...Which I seriously doubt.

And if he ends up in the SEC, don't be shocked if Napier ends his Heisman chances...Just like SOS and his Uncle.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Bigger issue to me is that for all Napier is doing right with his leadership of the program, he doesn’t have a glittering resume re: QB development. Tahj Boyd and that guy from Colorado State Garrett Grayson? Doesn’t mean he can’t and AR may become that star pupil, but compared to say Corey Raymond as a DB magnet he’s go some potential to realize.

I don’t share the Manning disdain. If we can get him on campus we have a shot, so take it. Maybe he’s the next Brock Berlin (overrated) or maybe he’ll be great. Play it out.

Our Offense does not match his style. Lane does.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@oxrageous: The Manning are all loaded. He does not need the money
Did you ever consider the fact that kid might want to make his OWN money? Why leave huge amounts of money on the table if you don't have to? The only schools he's considering are established football programs, so it's not like his NFL prospects are going to get hurt here.

Example:

-He can make $500,000 by going to UF
-He can make $2,000,000 by going to LSU

Why would he choose UF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.