2024 Investing Thread

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Dumped my GOOGL. Feels like they are having a Bud Light moment with their racist ass AI launch
Goog might be in more trouble than we know. They have anti-trust issues, racist AI issues, maybe even election interference issues to deal with if Trump gets back in. Not saying the World will be able to shed that octopus, but damn, there's plenty of other places to plant your money and watch it grow.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
With the NDAQ 100 going up every single day, regardless of how few stocks are carrying it, you would think that at the very least GOOG and for that matter AAPL would at least go up marginally or at worst stay steady. Nope. GOOG might have some sellers. But the problem with trying to technically trade AAPL is you have every market ETF and Mutual Fund holding that stock, the company buying back the max number of shares it can daily and weekly, plus Buffet always a threat to add, even tho Berkshire shaved a small portion in the 3rd quarter.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Glad I jumped on Newmont last week at under $30....the mature guy in the room is making his move...ATH for gold yesterday.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Any of y'all using the Unusual Whales Democratic ETF which trades under the symbol "NANC" in a nod to former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has surged 30% since its launch on February 7, 2023. That compares to a gain of 24% for the S&P 500 over the same time period.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Meanwhile, a Republican-focused fund with the same methodology has been underperforming the market. The Unusual Whales Republican ETF, which trades under the symbol "KRUZ," has gained about 15% since inception. The comparison is reflected in the chart below.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Any of y'all using the Unusual Whales Democratic ETF which trades under the symbol "NANC" in a nod to former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has surged 30% since its launch on February 7, 2023. That compares to a gain of 24% for the S&P 500 over the same time period.

Membership has its Privileges.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Meanwhile, a Republican-focused fund with the same methodology has been underperforming the market. The Unusual Whales Republican ETF, which trades under the symbol "KRUZ," has gained about 15% since inception. The comparison is reflected in the chart below.
Just put em on the watchlist

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Glad I jumped on Newmont last week at under $30....the mature guy in the room is making his move...ATH for gold yesterday.
Also bought Newmont last week. Old man is waking up for sure. Lots of room to run.

"Even the $1914 top of September 2011 would be – in real terms – $2,624 today."

Inflation adjusted high should be over $2600.

Really liking PM's as WWIII heats up.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Also bought Newmont last week. Old man is waking up for sure. Lots of room to run.

"Even the $1914 top of September 2011 would be – in real terms – $2,624 today."

Inflation adjusted high should be over $2600.

Really liking PM's as WWIII heats up.
Animated GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well there is no doubt that the spot price of gold and the performance of the gold mining stocks has not been in lock step for quite a while. When I was trading more actively, I used to pair trade the GLD, versus the GDX or gold futures against the miners, etc. Anyway, if I had been doing that recently, I assure you I would have been adding, then adding then adding until, yes, they carried me out in a bodybag. That is usually exactly when the worm turns.
:suicide:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Well there is no doubt that the spot price of gold and the performance of the gold mining stocks has not been in lock step for quite a while. When I was trading more actively, I used to pair trade the GLD, versus the GDX or gold futures against the miners, etc. Anyway, if I had been doing that recently, I assure you I would have been adding, then adding then adding until, yes, they carried me out in a bodybag. That is usually exactly when the worm turns.
:suicide:
Pretty soon, Crete will learn what the "junior miners" are, then what will we do?!?!?!?! :lol:
:shambles:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well there is no doubt that the spot price of gold and the performance of the gold mining stocks has not been in lock step for quite a while.
Rates and expenses too high......for now....Quality names like Newmont are good though.....5.25% dividend until the dam breaks. Funny how LT's, emerging markets, and gold/metals run together when they they run......until then
truck backing up GIF by South Park

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, but if I could turn something the size of my weiner into gold I would have cut it in half and retired on a private Caribbean Island years ago...:rotfl:
I don't think there is an island in the Caribbean that can be purchased for $50.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
With the NDAQ 100 going up every single day, regardless of how few stocks are carrying it, you would think that at the very least GOOG and for that matter AAPL would at least go up marginally or at worst stay steady. Nope. GOOG might have some sellers. But the problem with trying to technically trade AAPL is you have every market ETF and Mutual Fund holding that stock, the company buying back the max number of shares it can daily and weekly, plus Buffet always a threat to add, even tho Berkshire shaved a small portion in the 3rd quarter.

I was going to dump AAPL if it hit $200, now I'm long - added a bunch over the last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator