2024 Investing Thread

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone have any good suggestions for an AI ETF? I already own AMD, Intel, Crowdstrike and Sentinal One as individual stocks in my overall portfolio and have S&P500 and VTV ETF's which own all the other big names in tech.
I know it's going to have a lot of movement over the years but it's not going away. What I'm looking for is something to park about 4-5K in my IRA and kinda forget about it over the next 5-10 years. Anyone know anything about Wisdom Tree AI fund?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Anyone have any good suggestions for an AI ETF? I already own AMD, Intel, Crowdstrike and Sentinal One as individual stocks in my overall portfolio and have S&P500 and VTV ETF's which own all the other big names in tech.
I know it's going to have a lot of movement over the years but it's not going away. What I'm looking for is something to park about 4-5K in my IRA and kinda forget about it over the next 5-10 years. Anyone know anything about Wisdom Tree AI fund?
I've been think about this one too

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've been think about this one too
I don't like it but even a caveman throwback like me is using it to market....Again, it ain't going away despite the huge pullbacks it will see and 100% disclosure it has outpaced my commodity, dividend and other holdings overall despite being around 12% of my total holdings with the exception of Uranium and Rolls Royce over the last 10-12 months....

I told my 35yo stepdaughter today to put a few grand into it and forget about it for several years and she would thank me for it later.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Check out NYCB
Henry The Worst Idk GIF by Studios 2016

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

UBOT
AIQ
THNQ
IGPT

and of course... ARKQ

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Check out NYCB
Added to my Preferred "A" shares during yesterday's debacle, before the news of the capital raise. I was and still am prepared for it to go zero, so risk capital only. But in this case it proves that it is better to be lucky than good.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
RYCEY.....RYCEY....RYCEY....Those brits must be in some sort of perpetual cutting mode....wish I had bought a couple hundred more shares when it was under a dollar a year or so back....Is it normal to be scared after a 5 bagger?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wow another big head fake with more Fed jawboning....silver looked poised to make a big move after Wednesday's blowjob by Powell....but then

diving lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Even tech stuff doesn't know what the hell to do. Atleast the defensive/hated stuff has been holding up well, 3M, Verizon and such. Looking hard at Whirlpool. Half of it's ATH and paying over 6%, but it would be a long term play at this point.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Larry Fink is an A$$hole, a very rich one, but still an A$$hole and it is his holier than thou BS that gives my people a bad name:rabbi:
:rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi::rabbi:

Be that as it may, I said this years ago that Fink was pushing for the government to mandate that all retirement money, public and private, be given to BlackRock and the they would ensure that everyone had a sort of annuity payment in retirement. Of Course BlackRock would determine how much each individual would received and the parameters for each person. All the while Fink and his bagmen would not only make a hefty fee but pocket any extra profits. As for that A$$hole and his ESG BS, years ago remember he said that none of his funds etc. would invest in any energy company etc that dealt in fossil fuels. Well there was one year like when XOM went from like 30 to 80 and none of his investors partook in that, that all of a sudden that A$$hole found religion:rabbi: and said that those companies had now done so well at trying to better themselves for the climate that he would resume BlackRock investing in them. Just give BlackRock all your money and they will make sure you are taken care of b/c they know what is best for you.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yup... Lboy said I was crazy when I talked about it. Weird that the article ends with ESG talk... I thought Fink said a week or two ago that they were going to back away from it.
I think he will say anything to promote his elite status.....They all lie to us, even Trump, it's just that some lies are more palatable and fit into my time line and current situation better than others.....I'm almost sad for bringing my son into this world when I gaze out over the future.....there will be very few self made people from this point on IMO.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Of Course BlackRock would determine how much each individual would received and the parameters for each person.
I joked with my wife today because I received my tax form from EPD which I don't understand why it's different than my other brokerage stuff....

I told her I was certainly gonna labeled as dirty for owning it...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I joked with my wife today because I received my tax form from EPD which I don't understand why it's different than my other brokerage stuff....

I told her I was certainly gonna labeled as dirty for owning it...
Probably b/c EPD is a MLP so you get a K-1 etc if in a taxable account.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think he will say anything to promote his elite status.....They all lie to us, even Trump, it's just that some lies are more palatable and fit into my time line and current situation better than others.....I'm almost sad for bringing my son into this world when I gaze out over the future.....there will be very few self made people from this point on IMO.
What makes you think it is "your" son?:stirpot:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
BTW @Concrete Helmet as the resident commodity king and self admitted Gold Bug, where were you on Cocoa? Stuff just went higher than Copper. No need to go all Dennis Gartman on us and only own the stuff that"hurts if you drop it on your foot". Money can be made in the "Softs", as they are know as on the floor. also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator