#4 Alabama vs. #1 Michigan

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
FCVK TEXAS! I hate those bastards!

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Texas. I still remember how happy I was when they upset Nebraska in the 96 Big 12 title game. Without that we wouldn't have been able to get our rematch against FSU and win our first national title.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Texas. I still remember how happy I was when they upset Nebraska in the 96 Big 12 title game. Without that we wouldn't have been able to get our rematch against FSU and win our first national title.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Yeah right. Ask Saban about the decision to start on defense. Why in the hell would you choose to react to a situation rather than create a situation? It’s imperative to set the narrative rather than having to react to a narrative. The best defense is a good offense. CONTROL CONTROL, not react.
1704218020319.png

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Still trying to figure out who the stupid ass was that chose to start the overtime on defense. Why in the fcuk would you put your team in the spot to have to respond to what the other team did on their first possession? At the very least, make the other match or exceed what you did on the first possession. SMFH
Quick question.
If you're the coach and took the ball first in OT, what would you do on 4th and goal from the 5 ?
Do you go for the TD knowing, the other team would need a TD to tie, or kick the FG, knowing the other team now has the tie in their pocket and a TD would win the game?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Quick question.
If you're the coach and took the ball first in OT, what would you do on 4th and goal from the 5 ?
Do you go for the TD knowing, the other team would need a TD to tie, or kick the FG, knowing the other team now has the tie in their pocket and a TD would win the game?
Ironhead for the win! Most of the time coaches DO choose to go on defense first in OT for this very reason. Anyone who doesn't understand this simply doesn't watch much college football.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Quick question.
If we believe bama's drive would have resulted in same play or FG, we have to believe Michigan cranks out the same beautiful run for winning TD.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
If we believe bama's drive would have resulted in same play or FG, we have to believe Michigan cranks out the same beautiful run for winning TD.
I wasn't replying to the Game specifically, rather Beach's post that a team should always take the ball first in OT.
Personally, I would much rather play defense first, that way I know on 4th and goal from the 5, what I need, to win or tie.

In case the team that got the ball first didn't score at all, I can kick a FG on first down for the win.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I wasn't replying to the Game specifically, rather Beach's post that a team should always take the ball first in OT.
Personally, I would much rather play defense first, that way I know on 4th and goal from the 5, what I need, to win or tie.

In case the team that got the ball first didn't score at all, I can kick a FG on first down for the win.
The only reason I can think to go Offense first is my D just got off the field and needed the rest. Bama’s D appeared unready but Michigan was just that good yesterday, I guess.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Okay, fair point…but IMO, that has a life span of maybe 10 years max so that goodwill is long since expired, especially after you’ve interacted with their fans and realize what a bunch of douche bags they are.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The only reason I can think to go Offense first is my D just got off the field and needed the rest. Bama’s D appeared unready but Michigan was just that good yesterday, I guess.

You still don’t. There’s a minimum 10 minutes of down time between the final play and the beginning play of OT. If it’s that worrisome, waste your TO before the snap. But that’s a chance you’re willing to take. You never take the ball first in college OT under any circumstance. Period. It’s a general rule. Another general rule is not turning to hard drugs just before posting in a thread.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A B2 Stealth Bomber flies over the Rose Bowl before yesterday's game. Cool shot.

fa3f9c1c7ada772a9bef36a572db08eb.jpg

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I actually wasn’t talking about you. I was talking about the poster who doubled down on the offense first strategy. But between your “I guess I could see it” comment, and now not recognizing the focal point of the joke, it seems you may have been dabbling a little yourself. :lol:
Out here it's called dabbing.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How long until Dan Mullet us introduced as Bama’s new OC?

This offense is tailor made for Danny. An athlete playing QB, great running backs, WRs and O-Line. And he’ll never have to recruit.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good lord Beachgator is an even bigger dumbass than VolNMiami.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.