85 roster spots, only 36 can play in SECCG

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's a message board.
Yes, and the overwhelming message is that most of you have awful lives. I guess it's good that you guys have a place to vent your frustrations. Hopefully you get it all out here and not at your families.

I will admit this place is great for people-watching. Wal-mart has nothing on gcmb:grin:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, and the overwhelming message is that most of you have awful lives. I guess it's good that you guys have a place to vent your frustrations. Hopefully you get it all out here and not at your families.

I will admit this place is great for people-watching. Wal-mart has nothing on gcmb:grin:
Now you're finally getting it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's truly the only reason I'm going. If the impossible happens I'd never forgive myself.
I was offered free tickets and declined. I'm about 30 minutes from the dome, but no way I want to watch us get slaughtered...again.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We signed 4 JUCO's last year (including Eddy). We only have 1 JUCO committed this year. We should be bringing in at least 3 again this year. Not sure why we're not pursing that route, even if they are only marginal contributors what would it hurt. We don't need 40 freshman, we need to even the classes out a bit so signing a few JUCO's would make sense. Also, any graduate transfer w/ a heartbeat should be accepted (for a position of need). I'd gladly take a 5th year senior DT from Idaho State if he's 6'2 310lbs and can play 10 snaps a game. Why not? This staff is failing in everyway possible.

And again, 2 (or 3 years) from now, when McElwain is long gone on his ranch in Montana spending that "Florida money" our next coach is royally screwed.
Word is they THOUGHT they we're going to get several this class but for whatever reason it hasn't happened. However...why they don't seem to have a "Plan B" for stuff like this shows incompetence. Rumph has really sh*t the bed at this position...pretty unbelievable!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Word is they THOUGHT they we're going to get several this class but for whatever reason it hasn't happened. However...why they don't seem to have a "Plan B" for stuff like this shows incompetence. Rumph has really sh*t the bed at this position...pretty unbelievable!

Lack of plan B and plan C last year is truly questionable.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I guess I got schooled in this thread. I dunno where I came up with 25, coulda sworn I saw it here many times. Oh well, I ain't the first time I've been wrong. Either way, like others have said. I'd love to see the #s before Mac got here and now to see how much or little progress he's made to try to get us back up to 85.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I guess I got schooled in this thread. I dunno where I came up with 25, coulda sworn I saw it here many times. Oh well, I ain't the first time I've been wrong. Either way, like others have said. I'd love to see the #s before Mac got here and now to see how much or little progress he's made to try to get us back up to 85.
Ive looked at them Nav, we aren't much different. He hasn't signficantly increased our depth. It's true that hes improved things on the offensive side of the ball, where muschamp ignored, but hes also largely ignored or failed (however you want to believe) on the defensive side of the ball where muschamp did pretty well. We're basically right where we were before, except this time the holes are on the other side of the LOS.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Ive looked at them Nav, we aren't much different. He hasn't signficantly increased our depth. It's true that hes improved things on the offensive side of the ball, where muschamp ignored, but hes also largely ignored or failed (however you want to believe) on the defensive side of the ball where muschamp did pretty well. We're basically right where we were before, except this time the holes are on the other side of the LOS.
While the offense may have more depth it's gotten worse according to #'s and as we all #'s never lie. Smh...i'm Glad Nuss won't be back (in the OC role next year) because he's not the answer there.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think you can put this 100% on Mac. Yes... he should have had a better recruiting class in year 2, but those guys would be true freshman and not the guys you want contributing right now. The reality is that Muschamp really left us in a bad position. Offensively we have had to almost restart from scratch. We have very few offensive contributors from the Muschamp era... that means guys have been in the system at most 2 years...

The reality is that we need time to build depth. The worry is that Mac is not recruiting at the level needed. I am less pissed about the offense than I am about recruiting. Losing that DT last week hurt me more than losing to FSU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator