Alvin Dork permabanned from GCMB, blows up GSMB

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Yeah and one of our fellow posters here called him a loser for killing himself. Not saying who. But Green Cove didn't jump because of anything said on the GSMB.

No. Don't recall the specifics, but he had tried before, I think. He suffered from Bipolar and took meds. I think in the past he had gained weight, probably due to the meds, but then really got into cycling and that helped him a lot. Then some lady ran him over on his bike and he was laid up in the hospital a while. I am not sure he ever fully recovered from that.

His cousin still posts at the gator board. GCG posted a fair amount over there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah and one of our fellow posters here called him a loser for killing himself. Not saying who. But Green Cove didn't jump because of anything said on the GSMB.
I said I was sorry! :sadnanner:

g8torhed

Feb 19, 2016
I think everyone here with an account over there should start posting profanity and other things to test the mods. :thug2:

There was a poster named budvol that shut GSMB down with his posts many years ago. It took days....maybe even weeks for anyone to do anything with the vulgar crap he was posting. It got pretty disgusting.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There was a poster named budvol that shut GSMB down with his posts many years ago. It took days....maybe even weeks for anyone to do anything with the vulgar crap he was posting. It got pretty disgusting.
I thought it was Brad and his :brad:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That was definitely done before I was a mod.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014

Budvol was insane. Totally illiterate. Always spamming the political forum with right wing idiocy, He would go to other forums, like free republic and post other people's posts verbatim as his own - because his grammar was so bad he didn't want to be made fun of.

I recall when that shutdown happened, there were some theories that it wasn't really him that did that, somebody hacked the addres. He just didn't seem clever enough to pull anything that devious off.

I recall one time, he had the bright idea of posting a picture of himself and his kid at a Vol game. Somebody photoshopped a KKK white sheet on his head and it devolved from there. :lol:

Gator Jersey used to call him Weiser-Unteer

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No. Don't recall the specifics, but he had tried before, I think. He suffered from Bipolar and took meds. I think in the past he had gained weight, probably due to the meds, but then really got into cycling and that helped him a lot. Then some lady ran him over on his bike and he was laid up in the hospital a while. I am not sure he ever fully recovered from that.

His cousin still posts at the gator board. GCG posted a fair amount over there.

Gulfcoast Gator was his cousin? He was our best insider for recruiting IMO. This was before Twitter, ESPN recruiting, and 247. When he would throw those shades up we knew somebody was locked in. I think he moved to Texas around 6-8 years ago. My time span could be off…

g8torhed

Feb 19, 2016
Budvol was insane. Totally illiterate. Always spamming the political forum with right wing idiocy, He would go to other forums, like free republic and post other people's posts verbatim as his own - because his grammar was so bad he didn't want to be made fun of.

I recall when that shutdown happened, there were some theories that it wasn't really him that did that, somebody hacked the addres. He just didn't seem clever enough to pull anything that devious off.

I recall one time, he had the bright idea of posting a picture of himself and his kid at a Vol game. Somebody photoshopped a KKK white sheet on his head and it devolved from there. :lol:

Gator Jersey used to call him Weiser-Unteer

The good ol' days. :)

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That was definitely done before I was a mod.

Well, it does still show you as Mod over there. Maybe you should see if you do have Mod powers. If you do, do some moddy type stuff. That would be totally awesome. Like add a word filter that changes Gator to GatorChatter...

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said it was weak and the easy way out but let's not let the actual words used get in the way of your point.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll give alvie props, that was some decent trolling

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it does still show you as Mod over there. Maybe you should see if you do have Mod powers. If you do, do some moddy type stuff. That would be totally awesome. Like add a word filter that changes Gator to GatorChatter...
I don't. When they did the switchover, they just didn't bother to remove the title.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I only insulted the upper management of Halifax, not another poster. :dance:

Something tells me they weren't particularly enamored of us posting names and numbers of upper-level management. :lol:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As it was the end of the GSMB as it existed, that ending was epic. :brad: And we now have the best board in the Gator Nation if not CFB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Something tells me they weren't particularly enamored of us posting names and numbers of upper-level management. :lol:
Brad didn't post a damn thing that wasn't already publicly posted on the Halifax website. Their overreaction was legendary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.