Anthony Richardson

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn’t believe the difference a week made in AR’s play. If he plays like that, we’ll be tough to beat.
Exactly. If this young defense will improve as the season goes. Maybe wishful thinking there but I agree with you. If AR plays like this every week, we're gonna be a tough out. Outside of uga, we could win out.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
All I'd like to see is to see this coaching staff get a fair shake. He did almost everything right in the offseason, and recruiting is strong. You aren't giving him that fair shake, along with many others, as you didn't approve of the hire. Judging this entire regime and our future on 4 games is ridiculous and you know it. Napier isn't above reproach, he earned some criticism with some of the decisions in this game. However, I'm still happy with the progress of this program, which required a complete rebuild. That's where you and I disagree - I think so far he's done GREAT with the cards he was dealt. I don't think anyone, including that tard coach that went to USC, would have done any better.

We've been pessimistic, miserable fans the entire 8 years Gatorchatter has been here. I just get weary of it. I feel some people are so programmed to be pissed that they just lie in wait for something negative to happen so they can pounce. It's not fun anymore, at least for me. Ultimately, it's my fault for sticking my nose in that chat box tonight.
Amen

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's going to have to play like that if the defense doesn't improve. Good golly.
The good news is Tennessee and maybe uga are the only teams we play that would keep up with the offense we put on the field today.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Did you watch the game ? Why did he not kick the field goal from the 20? Then on the next drive actually kick the FG from the 34? And that’s just a couple of stupid choices . The last timeout in the first half was so idiotic I considered heaving my television into the backyard . Why do we continue to hire these hillbillies? They can’t think quickly or make the right call under the gun . Stupid people make stupid choices again and again .
I'm not ready to judge his entire tenure as a Gator coach in his 4th game. He makes a lot of money, he'll get criticized for individual games he screws up, and rightly so.

In Spurrier's 6th game, he lost to UT 45-3. I can hear you now: "Why do we hire these stupid hillbillies?"

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's going to have to play like that if the defense doesn't improve. Good golly.
We’ve got holes. Just gotta hope our guys can improve. We’ve had probably the toughest schedule in the country so far.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I don't have much to say on the matter of AR except that he under performed horribly in his last two home games. His play today was much better and I hope he continues with it.

As for Napier...we all knew this year was going to be tough. But he has done exceptionally well in holding the team together after they fell apart last year. And he's recruiting very well. Yes, I know, he hasn't signed any of them yet. He's doing a better job than his predecessors at recruiting. Is his offense what we want to see or what we expect to be the brand at florida? No. Will it ever be? Probably not. Will it be good enough to win championships when he gets all of his players recruited and coached up? I think it will. Regardless, I'm not going to bail on the man and what he's building four games into the season. I'll give him 4 years to see if he can instill a winning attitude with this program.

As for Toney...I'm at a loss. Everything I'd read about him was that he's the next big thing on the defensive side of the sport. People were expecting he would only stick around for 2 or 3 years at most before either getting a call from the NFL or a HC gig in college. Its clear that either he's overrated, or he doesn't have players who are capable of running his scheme.

I expect us to play better on both sides of the ball as the season wears on. My original prediction for the season was 7-5. I'll stick with that as a worst case.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know damn good and well I want to win badly. Very badly. I'm an alum and bleed orange and blue. Just like I know you do. the fact is you can't admit you jumped the shark and while he may work out, so far it doesn't look great. you've been shaming and wagging all off-season and even into this game. I was on board and still am hopeful he can get it together but there are multiple issues I see and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. It's your board and honestly I'm tired of the increasing attacks on folks like myself who see issues and are concerned. I've been a loyal supporter but say the word and I'll leave. It's your board and if you think I hate the gators and want us to lose then I'll go elsewhere.

Honestly I thought we were tight as far as internet acquaintances go but I've had enough of being smeared for calling it like it is.
I share you frustration with our program . For what it’s worth I hope you stick around . You’re a quality poster and this is a great board .Aaron has really built something special here . I have my doubts Billy will do the same .

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Not surprised AR played better today, hard for him to play worse. I didn't see that many passing yards, but I figured that with the expectations lowered on him, he wouldn't feel the pressure and play looser. Which he did, hopefully that's how he plays from this point on. Of course the next few games we'll be favored in to win, so does the pressure of being home and expected to blow some teams out get in his head? Glad he did show some toughness today, I know he got a little banged up, but he stayed out there. Just want to see him build on this performance, and be the QB we know he can be.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not ready to judge his entire tenure as a Gator coach in his 4th game. He makes a lot of money, he'll get criticized for individual games he screws up, and rightly so.

In Spurrier's 6th game, he lost to UT 45-3. I can hear you now: "Why do we hire these stupid hillbillies?"
Putting Billy in the same sentence as
Spurrier deserves a swift kick to the nuts .
Holy smokes

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All I'd like to see is to see this coaching staff get a fair shake. He did almost everything right in the offseason, and recruiting is strong. You aren't giving him that fair shake, along with many others, as you didn't approve of the hire. Judging this entire regime and our future on 4 games is ridiculous and you know it. Napier isn't above reproach, he earned some criticism with some of the decisions in this game. However, I'm still happy with the progress of this program, which required a complete rebuild. That's where you and I disagree - I think so far he's done GREAT with the cards he was dealt. I don't think anyone, including that tard coach that went to USC, would have done any better.

We've been pessimistic, miserable fans the entire 8 years Gatorchatter has been here. I just get weary of it. I feel some people are so programmed to be pissed that they just lie in wait for something negative to happen so they can pounce. It's not fun anymore, at least for me. Ultimately, it's my fault for sticking my nose in that chat box tonight.
I wasn't responding to your comments from the chatbox. I was responding to your comments directed at me in this thread and over the last few weeks. You've been on this "anyone who isn't sunshine pumping Napier hates the gators and roots for them to lose" schtick and Im over it. I was literally screaming wildly at the TV with my son in the first half thinking we were going to win. And them came multiple ridiculous coaching decisions in my opinion. The mistake wasnt you entering the box. It was me.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I couldn’t believe the difference a week made in AR’s play. If he plays like that, we’ll be tough to beat.
Am I the only one that wasn't surprised with his improvement? It was the reason I said we'd win 30-20. The AR of the past two weeks was an anamoly. I was almost spot on points wise for us....just didn't account for the lack of defense on our part.

He's a young QB that has a blindingly bright future ahead of him as a gator.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was making a point, pinhead. Get some reading comprehension.
I really don’t get what you like about Napier . I haven’t been the least bit impressed . We are predictable and undisciplined. A recipe that will only lead to more mental mistakes and asskickings.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I don't have much to say on the matter of AR except that he under performed horribly in his last two home games. His play today was much better and I hope he continues with it.

As for Napier...we all knew this year was going to be tough. But he has done exceptionally well in holding the team together after they fell apart last year. And he's recruiting very well. Yes, I know, he hasn't signed any of them yet. He's doing a better job than his predecessors at recruiting. Is his offense what we want to see or what we expect to be the brand at florida? No. Will it ever be? Probably not. Will it be good enough to win championships when he gets all of his players recruited and coached up? I think it will. Regardless, I'm not going to bail on the man and what he's building four games into the season. I'll give him 4 years to see if he can instill a winning attitude with this program.

As for Toney...I'm at a loss. Everything I'd read about him was that he's the next big thing on the defensive side of the sport. People were expecting he would only stick around for 2 or 3 years at most before either getting a call from the NFL or a HC gig in college. Its clear that either he's overrated, or he doesn't have players who are capable of running his scheme.

I expect us to play better on both sides of the ball as the season wears on. My original prediction for the season was 7-5. I'll stick with that as a worst case.
He's working with grantham's players

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I really don’t get what you like about Napier . I haven’t been the least bit impressed . We are predictable and undisciplined. A recipe that will only lead to more mental mistakes and asskickings.
I like that he's rebuilding the program from the ground up. If it turns out he can't actually coach, it's going to be in a MUCH better place than he found it in for the next guy.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I was really encouraged by ARs play today. We couldnt run for crap and he was up to the challenge of putting the team on his back in the passing game. I was worried the fumble would mess with his head, but he seemed to put it behind him and continue fighting instead of curling up and pouting. Thats huge for his growth and future success.

Any loss to UT is awful, but there was alot to be happy with today. People dxpecting to be clicking on all cylinders and competing for championships this year are morons. I think this team and AR will continue to get better and the experience will pay dividends in the future

With that said, Billy has got to get a game situation assistant to help him out. Hes dreadful

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like that he's rebuilding the program from the ground up. If it turns out he can't actually coach, it's going to be in a MUCH better place than he found it in for the next guy.
Feels like the same thing was said back in January 2011. I don’t buy it and you shouldn’t be selling it

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Nola wouldn’t show up since he’s a pu$&y. I don’t have a problem beating the hell out of an old man . The bastard deserves a good flogging .
Lmao I said I was going to leave but if you and Nola are going to have it out, I've got to stick around to see the conclusion my friend

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Feels like the same thing was said back in January 2011. I don’t buy it and you shouldn’t be selling it
Look whether you like him or not if we got the hire wrong this time we might as well call UF football done forever. He has to work out. No one should be off the bandwagon yet. Improvement game to game is all I'm looking for..and honestly they improved from last week, even though they lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator