Anyone else think the Gators could use a logo refresh?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the Jags did it.....That's a great reason:jerkit:
This ain't Oregon, or Maryland or some other program that plays on Wednesday Nights just to get noticed....
Crete, I love you, but this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Did you feel this way when Florida introduced that logo in the 90's?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kind of partial to this one. It's whimsical and fun yet the sharp teeth add a sense of DANGER!

crocodile-cartoon-smiling-alligator-funny-character-hand-drawn-44342750.jpg

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
What the Jaguars did last year is the kind of thing I'm talking about. They took their basic logo, which came out around the same time ours did, and modernized it. And it looks amazing.

jacksonville_jaguars_logo.png
Wouldn't it confuse the fans to have a jaguar on the helmet instead of an alligator?

I see what you're saying but I don't think NFL and college teams can use the same logo.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't this belong in the fashion forum safe space? Maybe with a trigger warning?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
4 pages of a uniform thread and nobody has mentioned a cheerleader? You guys disappoint me.

Where would the new logo fit on them?
florida-gators-cheerleaders.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Think the writing of Gators on the side of the helmet looks like a kid put it on there. Should be updated
Yup, except kids today can't write or read cursive. I wonder if they even know what that says.

I'd love to see the cursive go away and return to the old "F" (which is still used by all the other teams) or use the Gatorhead.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again, the new logo came out during the Spurrier era - that's not that long ago. Did that make us Maryland or Oregon at the time? You guys are acting like it's a sacred symbol from 1885 that men died over. There was a reason the new logo was created at the time, and marketing probably had a lot to do with it. And for that very reason, there's no question it is going to happen again eventually, so you guys may want to start building your safe spaces and preparing your hate letters now, just so you're prepared.

This was never intended to be a uniform or helmet thread - I like them the way they are. I very much prefer the script on the side of the helmet instead of a logo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I very much prefer the script on the side of the helmet instead of a logo.
Yeah, but you drive a Miata and drink Zimas. NTTIAWWT.

Come to think of it, shouldn't you have a better fashion sense? Like Avatar?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but you drive a Miata and drink Zimas. NTTIAWWT.

Come to think of it, shouldn't you have a better fashion sense? Like Avatar?
So wait, you want the logo on the side of the helmet instead of the script? What do you think we are, Oregon or Maryland???

:jerkit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.