AR15 has a need for speed - stopped driving 105mph!

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
What's the fastest everyone's ever driven? I go back and forth from Miami to Clearwater fairly regularly and have hit 135 on Alligator Alley more than once.

Only by myself would I drive that fast. No girls in the back, no money in a sack, but "both hands on the wheel with my shoulders reared back."

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
In the age of NIL, I think Richardson really made a bad mistake here. What he should have said was, "Gainesville Dodge provided this amazing Dodge Challenger to me. I can't stop driving it and sometimes I just have to get up early to go for a drive to clear my head and think about the offense. In this case the car is so smooth that I thought I was only going 45. With that V8 and 807 horsepower, you end up going a lot faster than you think! I'm not saying that is right to drive 105 mph, that's clearly a mistake on my part, but if you were the kind of person who might think about driving that fast, I can tell you that Gainesville Dodge has a car for you!"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In the age of NIL, I think Richardson really made a bad mistake here. What he should have said was, "Gainesville Dodge provided this amazing Dodge Challenger to me. I can't stop driving it and sometimes I just have to get up early to go for a drive to clear my head and think about the offense. In this case the car is so smooth that I thought I was only going 45. With that V8 and 807 horsepower, you end up going a lot faster than you think! I'm not saying that is right to drive 105 mph, that's clearly a mistake on my part, but if you were the kind of person who might think about driving that fast, I can tell you that Gainesville Dodge has a car for you!"
The Hellcat is only 707 horsepower, not 807.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
The first year Dodge started back making the challenger, I believe it was 2008 they made around 5000 limited edition SRT 8's with each car identified with a number engraved in the dash. I bought one of them and hit 150 on the way home with that ****er from the dealership. Fastest I ever got it was 168, it had more I just ran out of south Georgia back road. Kept it for about 2 years before I realized I was too much of an idiot to own something that went that fast.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The first year Dodge started back making the challenger, I believe it was 2008 they made around 5000 limited edition SRT 8's with each car identified with a number engraved in the dash. I bought one of them and hit 150 on the way home with that ****er from the dealership. Fastest I ever got it was 168, it had more I just ran out of south Georgia back road. Kept it for about 2 years before I realized I was too much of an idiot to own something that went that fast.

That’s pretty much the story of anyone I’ve ever known, or just seen, with a GTR. I’ve driven one once for a very short distance, and there’s zero reason to have that much speed. When I’ve seen people driving them they almost always seem uncomfortable and generally have no business doing so. Same with Lamborghini, though at least it’s just an awesome car to own. Much better drive than the other but still probably less than .5% of the population have any business driving one.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That’s pretty much the story of anyone I’ve ever known, or just seen, with a GTR. I’ve driven one once for a very short distance, and there’s zero reason to have that much speed. When I’ve seen people driving them they almost always seem uncomfortable and generally have no business doing so. Same with Lamborghini, though at least it’s just an awesome car to own. Much better drive than the other but still probably less than .5% of the population have any business driving one.

L2dpcGh5LmdpZg.gif

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've driven my car over 100 probably around 2000 times.

My advice to AR would be to upgrade his countermeasures.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I've gone faster. Stupid kids do stupid things. I bought my first street bike when I was 21. Lost my license within 6 months for getting too many tickets. Outran GPD on the way home from Dubs one night. Lucky I didn't go to jail. Hit 120 a few times on that bike. That was just when the handlebars started vibrating so I always had to let off the throttle at that point. Rice rocket Honda Interceptor. Dangerous bike for an idiot kid to be riding around on but damn was it fun!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We have a student that gets a fast car legitimately through a NIL deal, and is dumb enough to get caught speeding in it. That's it. No drugs, no weapons. Hell, he hadn't even been drinking, which college kids have a tendency to do late at night. He hasn't been in any other kind of trouble at all. And yet this is some kind of "trend" that is going to lead to his Cam Newton-esque dismissal. One member even included his injuries (like he got hurt on purpose) and his back flips in as something scandalous we should be alarmed about. :crazy:

Embarrassing, even for us. Can we enjoy having a good QB again for 5 seconds?
R.600520bb7fa092ef7534530744124edf

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
MY Top Was 110mph on a Brown and Gold KH 500 2 stroke
We also used to wind it out on the old Alligator Alley...But back then there was nothing...Not even a light
Had to watch for cows and actual gators on the old 2 lane

R.84c40cc331f6fbb3251f18f228f85c3f

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MY Top Was 110mph on a Brown and Gold KH 500 2 stroke
We also used to wind it out on the old Alligator Alley...But back then there was nothing...Not even a light
Had to watch for cows and actual gators on the old 2 lane

R.84c40cc331f6fbb3251f18f228f85c3f

And skunks! I remember making that drive as a kid with the family. A skunk hit us with a full dose of ass juice right across the windows. The smell was horrifying.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And skunks! I remember making that drive as a kid with the family. A skunk hit us with a full dose of ass juice right across the windows. The smell was horrifying.
Every time I hear some idiot say Weed smells like skunk I just shake my head. NOTHING smells like skunk but skunk, and it's puke inducingly bad. One crawled under our house we were renting in San Diego while I was stationed there. The wife's dog decided it would be a good idea to harass the skunk then came whining in the house. My clothes smelled like skunk for days. All just because that damn dog came in the house right after getting sprayed.:barfaway:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah, I've gone faster. Stupid kids do stupid things. I bought my first street bike when I was 21. Lost my license within 6 months for getting too many tickets. Outran GPD on the way home from Dubs one night. Lucky I didn't go to jail. Hit 120 a few times on that bike. That was just when the handlebars started vibrating so I always had to let off the throttle at that point. Rice rocket Honda Interceptor. Dangerous bike for an idiot kid to be riding around on but damn was it fun!

A friend of mine died last night. He came upon a minister whose car had broken down & asked for a ride home. He said sure & the minister got on the back of his motorcycle. He took him over 100mph down the center line on a 2-lane road in traffic.

That was 74 years ago when he was 18. He died last night at 92 & lived a very long and successful, happy life. Really great guy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A friend of mine died last night. He came upon a minister whose car had broken down & asked for a ride home. He said sure & the minister got on the back of his motorcycle. He took him over 100mph down the center line on a 2-lane road in traffic.

That was 74 years ago when he was 18. He died last night at 92 & lived a very long and successful, happy life. Really great guy.

I thought you were going a completely different direction there for a moment. I thought for sure you were going to say that they too went to Cheetah on Okeechobee.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Sorry for your loss Theo. Sounds like he was our kind of guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator