Auburn Prediction Thread

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its just data. Malzahn v Grantham isn't the entire story of any of those games. One of them was Cam Newton and the barn won the natty that year. Another game was fairly pedestrian for Malzahn with the final score embellished with a scoop and score by the D (chimp of all people). Personally I don't think either coach is some big genius but both are above average.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I never understood why those contestants insisted on spinning that wheel as hard as they could. Even as a toddler, it blew my mind. You obviously watch the show and know where the big numbers fall on the wheel. How about some strategy, morons.
E802B1DD-BC72-4B81-A90C-95A44C2D3A8C.jpeg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Good Lord I should ban you for life even if you turn out to be right.

efa56b4d9565904989f44b841071da53.jpg

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I read it wrong.

Here are the rest

2010 Georgia @ Auburn Auburn W 49-31 Tigers rushed for 315 yards on 57 attempts

2011 Auburn @ Georgia Georgia W 45-7 Bulldogs forced three turnovers, outgained Tigers 528-195

2013 Georgia @ Auburn Auburn W 43-38 Tigers gained 566 yards, Georgia 532 in shootout decided on 4th-and-18 TD

2015 Auburn vs. Louisville* Auburn W 31-24 Tigers escaped despite only 327 yards and three turnovers

2017 Mississippi State at Auburn Auburn W 49-10 Big plays doomed Bulldogs as Auburn racked up 511 yards

So that's almost 36 a game. Obviously in the years that Auburn had a good QB they had no problem with scoring on Grantham. I'm sure the "Best" defensive coordinator in college football will have a great strategy .

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is probably the most correct simple prediction. Of course it may be too simple because this won't be pass fail but rather a continuum. Will we shut them down enough? We'll see.

UF Pass: UF's pass blocking has been surprisingly adequate in contrast to the run blocking. Auburn hasn't been good in pass rush. Trask has been consistently able to read defenses and deliver the ball to the right receiver at the right time. Our receivers are well above good with some noticeable and surprising weaknesses at blocking(!). This gives me confidence that we'll perform well in the pass game.

I haven't really watched Auburn much except for the A&M and Miss State games but they were getting some pressure in those games with a 4 man rush many times. That DL Brown was pushing people right back into the QB's pocket flushing the QB out. Not sure on their sack numbers but they can definitely bring pressure on passing downs and if they blitz the QB has to make a decision very fast even if the RB is a good blocker.

H20Gator

Sep 27, 2015
Not that UF won't run traditional running plays, we will. They just won't work. The backs are good, not great, but it doesn't matter until our o-line performs better. Auburns d-line is really good against the run, so this isn't the game I'd expect to see our line show great improvement.
Bold Prediction: Our OL is tired of hearing how ****ty they are, finally find some fire, and we roll up 200 yards rushing.

UF: 30
AU: 24

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, narrative will be that Auburn’s a paper tiger and the teams they played were overrated. It’ll be one more overrated notch in our belt. And if we somehow beat LSU, the story would be about their lack of defense. Beating UGA is the only way UF gets any respect this year.
the same would happen if they beat us... so what auburn, you beat 3 teams that were ranked at the time but all of them have losses and havent looked very good against mediocre competition, some of them even losing to mediocre competition. yall act like we are an engima in this regard. we arent.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how many here were even alive in 1986, but if it could have happened then (they were ranked 5th, and we were just rank), it could happen this year, and we're a LOT better than Kerwin's team in '86. And remember, he didn't even start that game - he was inserted in the 4th quarter b/c Rodney Brewer (his backup) should have stuck to baseball (in the end, he did).
Yes, they have an outstanding D-Line, but if Kyle can get any time at all to throw, he'll hit his targets. If our seemingly now all healthy D can shut down their running game and force Nix into trouble, we have a good chance to win this. A&M held them to 28, the Ducks held them to 27, and even Tulane held them to 24. If we can keep them in the low 20s, we can win. I say Gators 24, Tigers 23, on an Evan McPherson FG late.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
the same would happen if they beat us... so what auburn, you beat 3 teams that were ranked at the time but all of them have losses and havent looked very good against mediocre competition, some of them even losing to mediocre competition. yall act like we are an engima in this regard. we arent.

Whoever wins this game will be in the conversation at least until they lose 2 games. Right now they have Auburn in that conversation just a little bit while mostly seeing us as one of the top 10 teams that isn't any threat to make the playoff.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Whoever wins this game will be in the conversation at least until they lose 2 games. Right now they have Auburn in that conversation just a little bit while mostly seeing us as one of the top 10 teams that isn't any threat to make the playoff.
No doubt about that. A win for the good guys. LSU next week again will be EPIC and another long week for us. A win for AU, won’t hear anything else from the talking heads till Bama. All the more reason this is a MUST W.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt about that. A win for the good guys. LSU next week again will be EPIC and another long week for us. A win for AU, won’t hear anything else from the talking heads till Bama. All the more reason this is a MUST W.

It's bigger than Jawja will be, although you could never get that past all the Dog fans here.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've waited and hoped I'd catch the vision of a Great Gator Win......... I just don't feel it......

I think we will not be able to stop their running game, the defense will not be able to get off the field, the D will tire out and get steam rolled late.
Trask will push too hard to make something good happen and will turn-over the ball 2/3 times....... A long, sad day in the Swamp.....

45 - 17 War Damn Eagle!

Please Football Gods, let me be wrong!

I don't mind you picking the other team, but the manner in which you did it (red text, all caps, and the words used) is revolting.
:puke:

:kick:

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
This is one of those games where nothing would surprise me. I could see us winning or losing in a blowout and I could see us winning or losing a very close game. I think if I take off my homer glasses the eye test says to pick Auburn. They've simply been more impressive than us and their biggest strength (d-line) Plays right into our biggest weakness (o-line).

I think we're going to see a very similar offense to what we saw at Mississippi state last year. Lots of screens and quick passes as our "running game." The difference between that game and this game is we actually have a QB that can consistently hit the intermediate passes down the field when given time. We didn't have a true passing game in that Mississippi State game last year and we have a true passing game this year. If the o-line holds up in pass-pro and we get a decent quick pass game going as our run game I like our chances at home. I think our defense can hold Auburn in check enough that if the offense is serviceable we can squeak out a win. If this game was on the road I'd 100% pick Auburn to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.