Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

We just won a game 70-52 and nearly lost it. And rightly so. Again, it’s not about what you or I consider to be acceptable. It was incomplete football that, played in that fashion, would not have worked here. There were legitimate concerns all the way through the end of 2005 before Meyer made some adjustments, and brought in critical players for 2006.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Innacurate = GatorAuthor provides his patented disincentives to nymphomaniacs.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Please tell me you don't want Mark Richt as a coach...

50ebba90537b4a7f9d05eb70bb2e8a03_md.jpg
He hasn’t aged well.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Yeah, hate to rain on the parade, but I’m being told that the stickiest part of the negotiations isn’t about recruiting infrastructure at all, but rather our insistence that he change his last name to Mapier.

Apparently getting pretty intense.

Rapier has a much nicer ring to it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are funny. Meyer's first season was pretty underwhelming, most people weren't happy at all. His SECOND season was also underwhelming, and everyone was pissed about the lackluster offense. I wasn't sold that Meyer would be worth a **** at that point. The defense was great but the fact is the defense was ALWAYS great, year in and and year out back then. Recruiting was great but recruiting was ALWAYS great, year in and year out back then.

Then we slaughtered OSU for the NC and everything changed. All of us were on board with our coach and the national perception about the SEC changed forever.

Until OSU, Meyer was on very shaky ground.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With Riley providing an emphatic no to LSU and Edwards returning to ASU, it throws some doubt into the equation but I still think Napier’s coming to Florida. If not, then you have to think it’s Campbell or the fatter Stoops followed by suicide.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With Riley providing an emphatic no to LSU and Edwards returning to ASU, it throws some doubt into the equation but I still think Napier’s coming to Florida. If not, then you have to think it’s Campbell or the fatter Stoops followed by suicide.
Campbell is more of a philosopher than a football coach.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Campbell is more of a philosopher than a football coach.
He's not up to the task. He will fail miserably here. This is a win championship atmosphere and if you don't, you are history. Maybe he should talk to Danny Boy before walking away from his 8 win a season gig he has now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I swear, chasing coaches is just like chasing chicks. If you’d asked me 24 hours ago my desire for Napier, I’d have said meh. This morning? I’m actually feeling a bit misty eyed about the idea of him going to LSU. Then again, that might also have something to do with the idea of dating Matt Campbell.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So what’s the latest story? Does LSU have Karl or do we have him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.