Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If LSU wants Napier, they have to make a big play TODAY, and I can't see that happening. I still think they are working on Riley, Fisher, and Aranda. They could strike out on all 3.

I think they will. But here’s the good news for Woodward. Mark Stoops is a whale.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
The fan base is 100 times better than the recent coaching hires and the mother fuchers hiring them. The Bama game was one of if not the the loudest and best overall environments I've witnessed since the Tebow years. All we need is the right coach, just not sure Sling blade is it but we'll soon see.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
and that would be glorious

And not far fetched. We seem to forget that Fisher stood them up a few years ago, as did others. There’s a reason they just fired a promoted DL coach. He was the only one left. We talk a lot about our own missteps, but they’re right there or worse.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Napier and Florida are so far along in their discussions that a U-turn by Napier now would look awful on his resume even if he did land the LSU job. He strikes me as a high-character guy who values a commitment. That bodes well for recruiting.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
A few factors that may influence Napier's decision ~

He's a strong family man and quality of life is important to him ~ Gainesville or Baton Rouge?

He is a red state freedom loving, tax hating man ~ Gainesville or Baton Rouge? Florida vs Louseyanna

He wants the opportunity to resurrect a broken program in order to prove his worth ~ Gainesville or Baton Rouge?

What other factors will influence his decision?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Napier and Florida are so far along in their discussions that a U-turn by Napier now would look awful on his resume even if he did land the LSU job. He strikes me as a high-character guy who values a commitment. That bodes well for recruiting.
I think youre crazy if he doesnt go to the best fit for him and a week of footsy wont matter.

Im not losing sleep if he goes Corndwag. At all.

If Stricklin goes and hires some garbage like Campbell then it is self correcting. We might even Tinerc his ass before he gets back.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
LSU has balls they again swing for the fences. Last time they ended with ogre after whiffing on Herman and Fisher. Will they do the same again, it’s looking very possible.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think youre crazy if he doesnt go to the best fit for him and a week of footsy wont matter.

Im not losing sleep if he goes Corndwag. At all.

If Stricklin goes and hires some garbage like Campbell then it is self correcting. We might even Tinerc his ass before he gets back.

Not sure if you’re questioning me or agreeing with that first sentence. He obviously thinks Florida is a great fit or he wouldn’t be this deep into discussions. Personally, Woodward’s apparent fetish for shiny objects would turn me off if I were Napier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if you’re questioning me or agreeing with that first sentence. He obviously thinks Florida is a great fit or he wouldn’t be this deep into discussions. Personally, Woodward’s apparent fetish for shiny objects would turn me off if I were Napier.
he seemed to think LSU was his first choice and best fit. That is what I meant.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
A few factors that may influence Napier's decision ~

He's a strong family man and quality of life is important to him ~ Gainesville or Baton Rouge?

He is a red state freedom loving, tax hating man ~ Gainesville or Baton Rouge? Florida vs Louseyanna

He wants the opportunity to resurrect a broken program in order to prove his worth ~ Gainesville or Baton Rouge?

What other factors will influence his decision?

Whoa careful here bud, if you mention family as a reason to stay in Louisiana NETENG will come unglued

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Whoa careful here bud, if you mention family as a reason to stay in Louisiana NETENG will come unglued

I believe Gainesville is the correct answer to that question but I am not very familiar with Baton Rouge

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Says common sense, if Florida was his clear number 1 then this would have ended days ago. Hell UF has admitted to visiting him the Sunday after the USCe game. It's been in the works for a while, he want's LSU and they want him too if they strike out on their first 4 options.
I think there's some definite wishful thinking on your part here, since you are still lusting after Kitten. The very fact that they've been negotiating for a while I view as a good thing. I think Napier is making demands that may actually turn us into a modern program.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea if Stricklin regrets his negotiation stance with Frost, but I’ll bet he hasn’t forgotten it. Frost was #2 after Kelly and esp after Stricklin refused to budge on the coaching staff issue.

I’ll bet it’s all in the back of his mind as he negotiates with Napier. You have to know the coaching staff is high on the list of items being discussed.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I agree with you, but some posters think family has nothing to do with relocations. Napier has no ties to LSU, but recruiting in LA and his family being there has an influence. He has two really good options the way I see it, we will found out shortly which one he chooses. One fan base “didnt want him anyway” come tomorrow. I’ve said since day one Napier to UF UNLESS LsU gets in the mix. Maybe its too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.