Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Says common sense, if Florida was his clear number 1 then this would have ended days ago. Hell UF has admitted to visiting him the Sunday after the USCe game. It's been in the works for a while, he want's LSU and they want him too if they strike out on their first 4 options.

See my next post.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Says common sense, if Florida was his clear number 1 then this would have ended days ago. Hell UF has admitted to visiting him the Sunday after the USCe game. It's been in the works for a while, he want's LSU and they want him too if they strike out on their first 4 options.

He is NOT LSU's first choice. BUT you were clear...I don't know anything.

And LSU is not his...

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Although I am not crazy about the potential Napier hire, I view his hiring as a home run when compared to slugs like Mark Stoops or a fish out of water like a Matt Campbell.

For those that are not that enthusiastic about Napier should try and imagine how deflated you would be if the chubby Stoops brother is selected.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The assumption was Napier and LSU were an automatic first match due to geographic proximity and LSU prestige. I’m not sure it went that far beyond it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Whoa careful here bud, if you mention family as a reason to stay in Louisiana NETENG will come unglued

I agree with you, but some posters think family has nothing to do with relocations. Napier has no ties to LSU, but recruiting in LA and his family being there has an influence. He has two really good options the way I see it, we will found out shortly which one he chooses. One fan base “didnt want him anyway” come tomorrow. I’ve said since day one Napier to UF UNLESS LsU gets in the mix. Maybe its too late.

By the mere fact that you are still spinning from my comment, it appears you are the one unglued.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Although I am not crazy about the potential Napier hire, I view his hiring as a home run when compared to slugs like Mark Stoops or a fish out of water like a Matt Campbell.

For those that are not that enthusiastic about Napier should try and imagine how deflated you would be if the chubby Stoops brother is selected.

I wanted a wide open offense...Someone like Kiffin

The good thing about Napier is he is DETAILED. He is very much a Saban workaholic. What he's done at U LA LA is remarkable...like baby Bowden at Tulane...not easy.

Does it translate...we'll see? But it will be light-years better if he can just recruit and keep discipline.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
People on ULL boards.

So you peeked after reading my post? How can you know there’s not dual allegiance? They’re practically neighbors.

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
All things being fairly equal, it seems a guy would rather be a place's Plan A than Plan B or C. But, maybe wouldn't care if he preferred that school. Murky waters, for sure.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t doubt Napier considers LSU a great gig. I also think Florida’s being undersold here. I read somewhere over the past few days about a survey somewhere else in the country on which program had more prestige, LSU or Florida. The latter came out on top.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t doubt Napier considers LSU a great gig. I also think Florida’s being undersold here. I read somewhere over the past few days about a survey somewhere else in the country on which program had more prestige, LSU or Florida. The latter came out on top.
I think that may be the case in the minds of fans, but I'm not so sure anymore in the minds of coaches and players.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think that may be the case in the minds of fans, but I'm not so sure anymore in the minds of coaches and players.

LSU is one lucky Burrow/Brady stroke away from being the cute little LSU we all love and admire.

/Les Miles

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All things being fairly equal, it seems a guy would rather be a place's Plan A than Plan B or C. .
There are enty of dudes who married her despite being plan B or C.

Some even have to listen about Plan A all the time still.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Actually they seem to hate LSU. Who knew?

Call them LA&M or something.

It's U LA LA...

They have hated each other since I was in Grad School... ULL got the Bama - UAB Treatment...The Board of Regent refused to even let USL call themselves UL until recently.

But ask Bait...I don't anything...he knows it all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fans dont know about stingy bidgets or slum lord facilities.

They occasionally read that some journalist rates use top 20 or top 30 on stadium size alone and think that is all that is involved.

The fact that we have a recruiting staff one third of the size of Lafayette who has a recruiting staff one third the size of Alabama, says it all.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fans dont know about stingy bidgets or slum lord facilities.

They occasionally read that some journalist rates use top 20 or top 30 on stadium size alone and think that is all that is involved.

The fact that we have a recruiting staff one third of the size of Lafayette who has a recruiting staff one third the size of Alabama, says it all.

Do you think the UF-Napier negotiation gets this far along if the delta you suggest being in the way isn’t bridged? It strikes me as central to Napier’s needs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think the UF-Napier negotiation gets this far along if the delta you suggest being in the way isn’t bridged? It strikes me as central to Napier’s needs.
I certainly hope so. It is his only apparent upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.