CBN on Josh Pate’s the Late Kick on Tuesday

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Nah, that's not it. It has more to do with personal make up, I think. I want us to win, but we haven't won much. So, what can I do? Get triggered by every little thing? Whine on about one particular play from last year? Act like a tough guy and berate someone on a message board? Yes, I get tired of all that here but I do realize we all deal with things differently. And you know nothing about how I do my job.

I like to think…

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, talk about confirming my entire post. Amazing illustration of the way you view things. Meyer went 65-15 at UF.

You thought Spurrier did no wrong. Should I go through his list of eff-ups?
Oh, no. I was pissed he took years to figure out that keeping his QBs under center was trying to get his QBs killed for no apparent reason. I also hated that his DC hires were hilariously inept (both at UF AND at USCjr, so not just a UF being cheap thing).

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Question. Does anyone follow other boards? We can’t be the only board that’s so negative about gator football ?

I occasionally look at the replies to articles on 247 and see a lot of the same sorts of criticisms and frustration. I don’t pay enough attention to know if it’s a handful of zealous posters or widespread. I don’t go to their message board because I’m not a slut.

In my experience, message boards generally tend to draw and become dominated by zealots and trolls. We are troll-free, which is what attracted me. But we are zealots.

I live in Gator country (Polk County). In live conversation, my Gator friends are mostly hopeful. They like Napier & think he needs more time. This includes a few Bull Gators.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 is very similar to our board. There are a couple super Debbie downers. But most posters feel like ours here.

On3 is much more optimistic. But it does have its share of realists.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I've kind of been surrounded by excellence and people who demanded even better, always, not just in sports but in life. Even my little league coach had more drive than Slingblade has.

You strike me as a guy quite comfortable with mediocrity, a normal result of being a federal worker.

With all due respect, General.
When I go to the post office people'll ask me, "Hey aka, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda message board junkie?" You know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is. As for your jab at my job, don't even think about it, alright... I deliver better on my own.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I live in Gator country (Polk County). In live conversation, my Gator friends are mostly hopeful. They like Napier & think he needs more time. This includes a few Bull Gators.
Hope is not a plan. He is an average play caller at best, and his refusal to delegate this to a competent OC, and his stubbornness to adapt will be his downfall. His system barely worked in the Sun Belt, and he out recruited the rest of the conference. He will never out recruit the rest of the SEC.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
So then ox needs to read the room of the gator nation . No one anywhere on any board , is pleased or even very hopeful about our program. No reason to believe things will change until they actually do.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hope is not a plan. He is an average play caller at best, and his refusal to delegate this to a competent OC, and his stubbornness to adapt will be his downfall. His system barely worked in the Sun Belt, and he out recruited the rest of the conference. He will never out recruit the rest of the SEC.
Ahhhhh yes... yet another person who fails to realize that it wouldn't matter if we hired the greatest recruiter/coach of all time, unless the administration will allow the kind of recruits we need/want in order to win Natty's on campus, it would "improve" us to having a 10 win year (but probably no Natty) 1.5 times every 5 years, maybe 2 in 5.

Reality bites.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
So then ox needs to read the room of the gator nation . No one anywhere on any board , is pleased or even very hopeful about our program. I reason to believe things will change until they actually do.
Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

You "Busey'd"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.