I'm completely confident we are not.

Are You Sure GIF by Monty Python

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's just way better to be as emotionally divested as possible. Then anything is possible and nothing is a surprise. Some of you will still be complete arses but the football part will be a lot easier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's just way better to be as emotionally divested as possible. Then anything is possible and nothing is a surprise. Some of you will still be complete arses but the football part will be a lot easier.

I've kind of been surrounded by excellence and people who demanded even better, always, not just in sports but in life. Even my little league coach had more drive than Slingblade has.

You strike me as a guy quite comfortable with mediocrity, a normal result of being a federal worker.

With all due respect, General.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've kind of been surrounded by excellence and people who demanded even better, always, not just in sports but in life. Even my little league coach had more drive than Slingblade has.

You strike me as a guy quite comfortable with mediocrity, a normal result of being a federal worker.

I'm very comfortable with mediocrity and often want to be even worse than mediocre. I'm pulling hard for a 0 to 2 win season.

Donkey, you hated Urban Meyer, who oozed excellence, because you didn't like his offense. You were still pissy and unhappy when we were kicking the sh!t out of everyone and hoisting trophies in that era. You're the kind of guy who isn't happy unless he can bitch about how bad things are. You are in absolute HEAVEN right now - there's a reason why you recently flocked back to the board after a long hiatus. Don't insult all of us by denying that. I've watched you post for 17 years now and your track record cannot be disputed. Your schtick is the same, win or lose.

I'm not sure if you're like this in real life or only when it comes to sports.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm very comfortable with mediocrity and often want to be even worse than mediocre. I'm pulling hard for a 0 to 2 win season.

Donkey, you hated Urban Meyer, who oozed excellence, because you didn't like his offense. You were still pissy and unhappy when we were kicking the sh!t out of everyone and hoisting trophies in that era. You're the kind of guy who isn't happy unless he can bitch about how bad things are. You are in absolute HEAVEN right now - there's a reason why you recently flocked back to the board after a long hiatus. Don't insult all of us by denying that. I've watched you post for 17 years now and your track record cannot be disputed. Your schtick is the same, win or lose.

I'm not sure if you're like this in real life or only when it comes to sports.
Shrek Donkey GIF

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Nah, that's not it. It has more to do with personal make up, I think. I want us to win, but we haven't won much. So, what can I do? Get triggered by every little thing? Whine on about one particular play from last year? Act like a tough guy and berate someone on a message board? Yes, I get tired of all that here but I do realize we all deal with things differently. And you know nothing about how I do my job.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

In Ohio?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey, you hated Urban Meyer, who oozed excellence, because you didn't like his offense. You were still pissy and unhappy when we were kicking the sh!t out of everyone and hoisting trophies in that era.
You got me.

Running the option w Chris Leak and John Brantley was a great idea.

And recruiting 2 OL per class because "you really only need 8." Man was I wrong.

And the tiny fast smurf offense of hybrids like Demps, Rainey, Thompson and Debose? Spectacular stuff. I should have seen in coming.

Totally wrong. My bad.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, that's not it. It has more to do with personal make up, I think. I want us to win, but we haven't won much. So, what can I do? Get triggered by every little thing? Whine on about one particular play from last year? Act like a tough guy and berate someone on a message board? Yes, I get tired of all that here but I do realize we all deal with things differently. And you know nothing about how I do my job.
Shake it off aka. I know when it comes down to it, you always deliver

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You got me.

Running the option w Chris Leak and John Brantley was a great idea.

And recruiting 2 OL per class because "you really only need 8." Man was I wrong.

And the tiny fast smurf offense of hybrids like Demps, Rainey, Thompson and Debose? Spectacular stuff. I should have seen in coming.

Totally wrong. My bad.
Wow, talk about confirming my entire post. Amazing illustration of the way you view things. Meyer went 65-15 at UF.

You thought Spurrier did no wrong. Should I go through his list of eff-ups?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
As usual, you chip in with something, unsolicited, that misses the entire point.
I have a PM from you imploring me to contribute more often, correct you when your posts are antagonistic, out of line, and lack the spirit of comradery you expect conveyed on the board. I took that to be a green light. Gosh Ox!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have a PM from you imploring me to contribute more often, correct you when your posts are antagonistic, out of line, and lack the spirit of comradery you expect conveyed on the board. I took that to be a green light. Gosh Ox!

He sent me the same one. It was a generic blast. Mine even said I may have already won some very valuable prizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.