"Chasing, Never Leading!" - Mac's Recruiting Motto

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
And that's the issue. It's quite obvious to everyone, except those wearing very thick O&B glasses, that this coach...and his staff...do not "have it". We all know he gets another year (at a minimum) so we'll have to suffer through another year of the "lost decade". But once next season ends and we have a 6-6, 7-5 type record w/ another loss to FSU, it will be time to cut him loose. That's when we'll see what the AD is made of. Unless one of these two freshman QBs turns out to be a superstar, it's just not going to happen. This offense isn't going to all of a sudden become a scoring machine. It's not. We all know that. In fact, it will likely take a step back w/ a freshman at the helm (at least for the first few games). The potential ugly loss to Michigan is going to start the year off w/ a bang (a bad "bang") and set the tone for the fans calling (screaming) for his head. Let's see what he does w/ the staff changes this off-season also. He's hard-headed, so I imagine he won't do what he should do.

I'll be the first to admit, I made excuses for Mac going into this season. I honestly thought it was because of Treon the O sucked, and this year we were gonna be a well oiled, well coached machine and have a strong O. Boy was I wrong. And you're right, about 6-6 or 7-5 is where I see this ball club next year, depending on how much of a leap Eason at UGA makes. The bottom will probably fall out on D and we will have to rely on the O to keep us in some games, and we all know that will be a monumental task for sure. Not to mention next year's schedule is a bitch. Can Mac get the team to bounce back from the curb stomping Harbaugh gives us in Dallas? I hope, but as of right now I just don't see it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think losing affects recruiting hardly at all if you have a staff that can actually recruit. Look at how some fellow SEC teams are doing despite their troubles and losses and some have really struggled on offense themselves. Georgia is still killing it in recruiting and even SC is beating us with blue chippers on offense.

Muschamp has like three 4 star WRs, a 4 star TE and a 4 star RB committed right now and we have only 1 defensive linemen committed to us and he only weighs like 230 lb.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As for SC and UGa good recruiting = you can fool some of the people some of the time ...
Yet it seems our guys can't fool anybody anytime ?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Elijah Blades just got crystal balled to Nebraska

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.