Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Unless it really is a "done deal"... (I can't even get that out without laughing :lmao2:) Stricklin is communicating indirectly with other potentials and has been for some time. Even an incompetent boob wouldn't simply sit on his hands for a month waiting for the prom queen to call him back. He's got contingencies, lets just hope they are good ones and truly interested.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Florida's cream of the crop alltime:

Danny Wuerffel
Tim Tebow
Jack Youngblood
Emmitt Smith
Steve Spurrier
Wes Chandler
Percy Harvin
Fred Taylor
Joe Haden
Brandon Spikes
Lomas Brown
David Little
Rex Grossman
Neal Anderson
Jevon Kearse
Cris Collinsworth
Carlos Alvarez
John Reaves
Wilber Marshall
Mike Pouncey
Lito Sheppard
Sammy Green
Scot Brantley

Am I leaving out anyone?

John L. Williams

"Williams accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he was a fullback for coach Charley Pell and coach Galen Hall's Florida Gators football teams from 1982 to 1985. Williams usually shared the backfield with tailbackNeal Anderson, behind the blocking of the Gators' outstanding offensive line known as "The Great Wall of Florida." The Gators finished with identical 9–1–1 records in 1984 and 1985, and best-in-the-conference records of 5–0–1 and 5–1. Williams was recognized as a second-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection in 1984 and 1985, and an honorable mention All-American in 1985. He finished his four-year college career with 2,409 yards rushing and 863 yards receiving. Williams was inducted into the University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame as a "Gator Great" in 1997. In a 2006 article series written for The Gainesville Sun, the Sun sportswriters rated him as the No. 31 all-time Gator from among the 100 greatest players of the first century of Florida football."

Also had a very good NFL career.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I am thinking the Kelly hire will be leaked on Sunday and the press conference will be scheduled for late Monday morning

Red D

Nov 4, 2017
If this wasn't some elaborate smoke screen, and CK really needed all this time to decide then frick him. If you're given the oppotinity to go home with one of the hottest chicks in the bar at midnight, but decide to wait until last call to see if the desperate girl with a lisp who has been sitting in the corner all night wants to give you a handy, you're not my kinda dude.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Unless it really is a "done deal"... (I can't even get that out without laughing :lmao2:) Stricklin is communicating indirectly with other potentials and has been for some time. Even an incompetent boob wouldn't simply sit on his hands for a month waiting for the prom queen to call him back. He's got contingencies, lets just hope they are good ones and truly interested.

Well yes, for current coaches, he's been communicating with their agents, unless their universities have let Stricklin talk to the coaches directly. I cannot imagine that those universities would allow that.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've been back and forth and back and forth in my thinking over the past five days. I've synthesized a lot of info, enough that I feel the scales are tipped in our direction.

No. 1, I don't think he's afraid of the SEC. I think he embraces it as the offenses have all gone Saban stone age. He has a chance to come in and shake things up like Spurrier did in 1990.

No. 2, he hates to recruit. Well, he's gonna find himself living at airports if he wants to recruit UCLA. Not the same gig at Florida.

No. 3, you can only be unlucky for so long before you're due. We're due. Really, really due.

I'm kinda with you on this '78. It's been analysis paralysis. But I do feel the scales are tipped in our favor. The SEC and especially the East are right for the picking. Saban could go on coaching forever but teams are starting to catch up with his system but he still has a ton of talent. Get someone in here like Kelly that will attract talent.....and its on. Kelly stikes me as an guy with a "chip" (no pun) on his shoulder and cocky enough that he wants the challenge.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sure Ck is probably weighing options....but doesn't his NFL $$$ or buyouts put the time table for a decision after the said team he chooses season is over??

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sure Ck is probably weighing options....but doesn't his NFL $$$ or buyouts put the time table for a decision after the said team he chooses season is over??
If you believe all that. But just remember, the people peddling the story about how he has to wait or he loses 5 mil are largely the same ones claiming the deal is done and he's already signed.

In summary, just avoid the smell of :kiffin:
It's definitely easy to discern around here.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's all speculation at best... fact of the matter is is that neither ucla or UF is going to announce a coach prior to their season being over

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Chip Kelly's decision between Florida, UCLA could come by Sunday, report says
Sporting News-1 hour ago

Chip Kelly's decision between UCLA and Florida could come as soon as Sunday.

-
According to CBS Sports, there is "certain amount of urgency" for both Kelly and his future team to get a deal done because the new early signing period begins in less than a month.

However, as of Friday, there was no indication as to which team was the front-runner, although one report said Kelly had "signed an agreement with Florida" that included a window for backing out of the deal, leaving UCLA as an option.

-
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...y-college-football/16yplnzznduuz1lmep5ne6hq82

--
:waiting:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
As to concern about Kelly's fear of competition keep in mind that he coached the Eagles! I believe Philadelphia as a sports town and fan base is a bit more demanding than Gator Nation. Unless UF fans have recently booed Santa Claus.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Dude is right, the sec is a joke of a conference at this point. Any offensive minded HC worth the hair on his azz could come in here and wipe the floor with this conference. The SEC is ripe for the picking. Its flat out embarrassing how bad we are offensively.
Yeah. Either that or embarrassing how good we are defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator