Coaching quality: The Case against Kirby Smart (and for Dan Mullen)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And as far as Mullen the coach the only thing that saved his ass last year was Franks getting hurt or we’d have lost 3-4 more games including a 2 game losing streak to Kentucky
Mullinz is a C+ coach at best. Slightly better than Kirby? Maybe. But there isnt much actual evidence to support that argument. It's really nothing more than a hope and a prayer.

if Mullins was a good coach, much less a great coach he would have been hired out of that ****hole cowbell a long time ago. There is a reason he was Tinerc's 14th option. And no one else you wasn't desperate would even consider him.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Mullinz is a C+ coach at best. Slightly better than Kirby? Maybe. But there isnt much actual evidence to support that argument. It's really nothing more than a hope and a prayer.

if Mullins was a good coach, much less a great coach he would have been hired out of that ****hole cowbell a long time ago. There is a reason he was Tinerc's 14th option. And no one else you wasn't desperate would even consider him.
I mean... some one literally provided you with some evidence that’s better than your anecdotal braying. Even your brother @ltraz has praised Mullen the coach. He just doesn’t like Mullen the CEO or Mullen the recruiter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I mean... some one literally provided you with some evidence that’s better than your anecdotal braying. Even your brother @ltraz has praised Mullen the coach. He just doesn’t like Mullen the CEO or Mullen the recruiter.
Garbage. 50th ranked offense on average. What a "genius".

He thinks he should continue running the option with Trash (and Leak). No statistical bullshyt will ever overcome any of that.

Saying he sucks as a recruiter therefore he should lose often to more talented teams (and should be exused) doesnt even a good coach.

Mullinz "outperforming his ranking" 10th ranking vs 12th recruiting comes down to one simple thing, wiLLLLLLie. If he had a coach with a pulse at Trashahassee, ends season with losses, he is probably finishing 15-20th each year.

wiLLLLLLLie has made Mullinz millions and ensure we continue the Lost Decades.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Garbage. 50th ranked offense on average. What a "genius".

He thinks he should continue running the option with Trash (and Leak). No statistical bullshyt will ever overcome any of that.

Saying he sucks as a recruiter therefore he should lose often to more talented teams (and should be exused) doesnt even a good coach.

Mullinz "outperforming his ranking" 10th ranking vs 12th recruiting comes down to one simple thing, wiLLLLLLie. If he had a coach with a pulse at Trashahassee, ends season with losses, he is probably finishing 15-20th each year.

wiLLLLLLLie has made Mullinz millions and ensure we continue the Lost Decades.
You’re an idiot.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mullen keeps winning recruiting will take care of itself. Kirbys luster is starting to wear off and recruiting will start to reflect

Ummm...UGA had the #1 recruiting class last year (this year's signing class, the 2020 class). But yeah, his luster is worn off...

Smh, people actually believe this. I guess if you post it enough it'll eventually come true. It's like throwing sh*t against a wall, some of it's gonna stick. Hopefully - one of these years - you're right.

Last edited:

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No we will be higher they will be around 18
Wake up, Kirby Bangs can recruit lights out, unfortunately for us. There is no feasible way we end up with a better class than them this year.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
last I checked We are top 10 in recruiting for 2021 Georgia is 13 I know wins are all that matters but prospects are starting to see Mullen is a great coach and Kirby is not the next coming of Saban and the ass kicking will stop this year and we will be kicking ass

Probably the bigger deal is Georgia lost their two best recruiters in James Coley and Sam Pittman. If we lose Desmond Watson to A&M that will be all Coley’s doing.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
This back and forth banter cracks me up. I read this and laugh. I don’t consider myself a pumper, but for everyone who dumps on Mullen constantly leaves me questioning your loyalties to the program. Ask anyone outside of the 5 dumpers on this site about Mullen and they give you rave reviews. I haven’t spoken to a friend I know yet who doesn’t like Mullen or who believes he can’t succeed.

I appreciate calling out deficiencies. I’m big on pointing out when someone makes a mistake because that’s always an opportunity for someone to learn but holy cow, boys... There comes a point when your constant incessant rhetoric becomes bytching just to bytch. Who do you think listens to that? Who do you think cares? I certainly don’t care for it. And what’s your creative fix? Nothing. Crickets. More bytching I suppose...

There’s definite recruiting issues. I get it. Mullen hasn’t beaten UGA yet, I get that too. We have assistant coaching problems and I get that. Do I think we are the only ones who see it? I don’t believe in the ‘trust the coaches’ mantra and eventually if things get bad enough my faith will fade too. The thing is: Things aren’t bad at all. You think good results should happen at the push of a button without exercising any sort of tactical patience. Like we should be perfect constantly. It’s astounding, honestly.

I hope the dumpers on here can provide constructive criticism toward the programs staff or university in a manner that generates something positive. Offer solutions and ideas instead of uselessly wasting other people’s time by how unhappy you are. That would be refreshing.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
First four seasons as an SEC head coach.

Overall: 29-22 v. 44-12
SEC: 13-19 v 24-8
Top 10 finishes: 0 - 3

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This back and forth banter cracks me up. I read this and laugh. I don’t consider myself a pumper, but for everyone who dumps on Mullen constantly leaves me questioning your loyalties to the program. Ask anyone outside of the 5 dumpers on this site about Mullen and they give you rave reviews. I haven’t spoken to a friend I know yet who doesn’t like Mullen or who believes he can’t succeed.

I appreciate calling out deficiencies. I’m big on pointing out when someone makes a mistake because that’s always an opportunity for someone to learn but holy cow, boys... There comes a point when your constant incessant rhetoric becomes bytching just to bytch. Who do you think listens to that? Who do you think cares? I certainly don’t care for it. And what’s your creative fix? Nothing. Crickets. More bytching I suppose...

There’s definite recruiting issues. I get it. Mullen hasn’t beaten UGA yet, I get that too. We have assistant coaching problems and I get that. Do I think we are the only ones who see it? I don’t believe in the ‘trust the coaches’ mantra and eventually if things get bad enough my faith will fade too. The thing is: Things aren’t bad at all. You think good results should happen at the push of a button without exercising any sort of tactical patience. Like we should be perfect constantly. It’s astounding, honestly.

I hope the dumpers on here can provide constructive criticism toward the programs staff or university in a manner that generates something positive. Offer solutions and ideas instead of uselessly wasting other people’s time by how unhappy you are. That would be refreshing.
I love these type posts. It always makes me laugh to hear someone lament the fact that criticism isn't "constructive" as if Dan reads this site or would implement the changes if he did :lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

The average Gator fan couldn't name two starting O-lineman, tell you who the S&C coach is, or name more than two assistant coaches on the staff. Of course they are happy with him. They see "11-2 and we won the Orange Bowl" and they think all is well. It's like anyone who watched Muschamp's 11-2 team knew that on any given week things could go south, when you allow Louisiana-Monroe to take you to the wire... but the average fan saw "11-2, Sugar Bowl birth!!" Same w/ McElwain - we win 10 games in year 1, but get taken to overtime by a 3-9 Florida Atlantic.

So yeah, you're a great fan! You're not a "dumper". Good for you. When we start beating the Kentucky's with ease, not get blown out at home by a Missouri, start finishing in the top 4 in the SEC in recruiting...and show up w/ the right wrist bands on vs. a rival, after a bye week come talk. Otherwise, nobody is "dumping"....but being realistic.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
The average Gator fan couldn't name two starting O-lineman, tell you who the S&C coach is, or name more than two assistant coaches on the staff. Of course they are happy with him. They see "11-2 and we won the Orange Bowl" and they think all is well. It's like anyone who watched Muschamp's 11-2 team knew that on any given week things could go south, when you allow Louisiana-Monroe to take you to the wire... but the average fan saw "11-2, Sugar Bowl birth!!" Same w/ McElwain - we win 10 games in year 1, but get taken to overtime by a 3-9 Florida Atlantic.

So yeah, you're a great fan! You're not a "dumper". Good for you. When we start beating the Kentucky's with ease, not get blown out at home by a Missouri, start finishing in the top 4 in the SEC in recruiting...and show up w/ the right wrist bands on vs. a rival, after a bye week come talk. Otherwise, nobody is "dumping"....but being realistic.
Cool man. I am the average fan. But even my average behind can see we’re a lot better now than we were 3-11 years ago. I remember the 2006 season we struggled to beat Kentucky. That year turned out pretty decent if memory serves correctly.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's it. I've seen it all. Next year if we need another miracle against the kitty cats, we winning the natty. Write it down, take a picture, I don't give a fu.......

:lmao2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cool man. I am the average fan. But even my average behind can see we’re a lot better now than we were 3-11 years ago. I remember the 2006 season we struggled to beat Kentucky. That year turned out pretty decent if memory serves correctly.
You were the same people who were SURPRISED when it fell apart the last two shytty hires.

It isnt hard to look at the ingredients of the soup and know it is going to taste like shyt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.