Current Status: Pumper....but the urgency is real

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Who here has said that? You're about the most irrational pumper here.

Irrational pumper lol. Not a pumper at all but if you think so I must be rational. In your angry little instant gratification seeking mind I'm a pumper meanwhile all I've said is that we were a better coached team than we have been in almost 10 years and the program is in the right trajectory for the first time in a long while. I'm willing to see what Mullen can do with any talent infusion even if it's not as much as we all want right off the bat. The offense and special teams took a giant leap forward this year but being pleased with that makes one a pumper. All schools have ****ty fans but Damn we have our share.

Try to read the quote. Thats what donkey said. Maybe you're just clouded with rage

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So if Mullen averages ten wins a season for five years he is out?
Absolutely. Ten is the floor not the average. "Ten wins" doesnt mean shyt anymore with all the expanded schedules and powder puffs. "Ten wins" now = eight wins when people coined the phrase.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Absolutely. Ten is the floor not the average. "Ten wins" doesnt mean shyt anymore with all the expanded schedules and powder puffs. "Ten wins" now = eight wins when people coined the phrase.

I understand the math. So Fuchs and Strickland will fire Mullen after five years of ten win seasons?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think TB was looking for a more nuanced answer. Ten looks good compared to a year ago. It'll likely placate a segment of the fan base for a few years. But it also means consistently coming up short in rivalry games and other key matchups.

It's inevitable that being capped at less than great will begin to wear on the fan base, probably around the time this recruiting class is in position to make a difference.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
So Richt lasted fifteen years at UGA with averaging 10 win seasons. UGA. And Mullen won’t do the same here? BTW, Florida fans are lightweights compared to Ugly fans in terms of intensity and passion. It’s not even close. And UF has an Ivy League president.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Richt lasted fifteen years at UGA with averaging 10 win seasons. UGA. And Mullen won’t do the same here? BTW, Florida fans are lightweights compared to Ugly fans in terms of intensity and passion. It’s not even close. And UF has an Ivy League president.
I don't agree with the lightweight assessment. Florida fans are far more passionate than you give credit. Moreover, Richt's consistently grade B output didn't occur in a vacuum. The SEC East, esp UF, suffered a few dips during that span that, right or wrong, served to elevate the perspective on him.

I think Mullen is virtually assured five seasons assuming we don't regress. At some point, he's gotta get us an SEC title.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youre silly. We are known as one of THE fanbases with the shortest leashes.

No, Richt would have lasted more than a few years.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I don't agree with the lightweight assessment. Florida fans are far more passionate than you give credit. Moreover, Richt's consistently grade B output didn't occur in a vacuum. The SEC East, esp UF, suffered a few dips during that span that, right or wrong, served to elevate the perspective on him.

I’ve lived decades among both. It’s not even close. If born within the borders of Georgia, those guys are UGA from birth. Even with no affiliation to the University itself. UF cannot say even remotely similar things.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I grow weary of the not being able to enjoy the good now for bitching and wringing hands over the future which hasn't happened and may not happen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve lived decades among both. It’s not even close. If born within the borders of Georgia, those guys are UGA from birth. Even with no affiliation to the University itself. UF cannot say even remotely similar things.
Those bytches have been sucking hindtit for fifty years and are well accustomed to accepting mediocrity.

That isnt Florida. Even Fooley couldnt survive two mediocre hires. Butters and Chimp won 10 games too.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Because jawja has one football school, we have three. Divided fanbase. If you count GT,then throw in our 2 more.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Because jawja has one football school, we have three. Divided fanbase. If you count GT,then throw in our 2 more.

Yep. GT’s football fan base is alumni only. Ugly’s base is probably five percent alumni. Ugly dominates that state.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

This is my worst case scenario. Richt sucked, but was “just good enough” to keep his job over and over and over.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So... Tay Bang is a Buttlicker and is completely satisfied with Mullenz being the next Richt? Says a lot right there.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
You can keep repeating this over and over on a Gator message board as if it’s a fact, but that doesn’t mean it’s real. Mullen isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

I watched my alma mater employ a flexbone spread option coach for eleven years averaging 7-8 wins per season with one power five conference championship and a couple other appearances. He took over a program on probation and kept the team out of trouble. The alumni are a bunch of nerds who are happy the football program does well but happier with the pristine academic reputation of the university. In other words, academics first, football second.

Welcome to the new University of Florida. 10 wins.

So if Mullen averages ten wins a season for five years he is out?

I think you may be right Tay, but my issue with your posts are the tone as though we should be happy about it or not want it to turn out differently.

Rather than believing this is just fine or accepting a future of meh, your posts are my fear, and I hope not my eventual reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.