Current Status: Pumper....but the urgency is real

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
So... Tay Bang is a Buttlicker and is completely satisfied with Mullenz being the next Richt? Says a lot right there.

One needs to separate “Objective” from “Subjective” in my postings. “I know what I see with my own eyes” vs “Go Gators”. I can do both. Ive got an engineer brain and a Gator shingle. Nobody had more fun than I did last season.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So Richt lasted fifteen years at UGA with averaging 10 win seasons. UGA. And Mullen won’t do the same here? BTW, Florida fans are lightweights compared to Ugly fans in terms of intensity and passion. It’s not even close. And UF has an Ivy League president.
here's tay dump with one his signature UF slams. Hadn't seen him insult the fan base yet so this is a new one. Doubling down in that response to 78 was even worse. For a guy who loves Florida, you sure seem to love dumping on it more.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I think you may be right Tay, but my issue with your posts are the tone as though we should be happy about it or not want it to turn out differently.

Rather than believing this is just fine or accepting a future of meh, your posts are my fear, and I hope not my eventual reality.

Ok. Thanks for the input. I’ll keep this in mind for future postings. An engineer brain doesn’t always communicate clearly to others. I want SEC and national championships regularly as much as everybody else. But my eyes tell me we want it more than the decision makers. That’s all.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
here's tay dump with one his signature UF slams. Hadn't seen him insult the fan base yet so this is a new one. Doubling down in that response to 78 was even worse. For a guy who loves Florida, you sure seem to love dumping on it more.

See my reply above. My posts aren’t meant that way but I understand now your interpretations.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
See my reply above. My posts aren’t meant that way but I understand now your interpretations.
I mean I'm not trying to troll you or be a dck but at some point you might want to consider how you're stating positions bc they're coming out differently perhaps than you intend. I'm not the only one that's noticed.

Edit - I'm also an engineer, electrical. It shouldn't be an excuse either.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Irrational pumper lol. Not a pumper at all but if you think so I must be rational. In your angry little instant gratification seeking mind I'm a pumper meanwhile all I've said is that we were a better coached team than we have been in almost 10 years and the program is in the right trajectory for the first time in a long while. I'm willing to see what Mullen can do with any talent infusion even if it's not as much as we all want right off the bat. The offense and special teams took a giant leap forward this year but being pleased with that makes one a pumper. All schools have ****ty fans but Damn we have our share.

Try to read the quote. Thats what donkey said. Maybe you're just clouded with rage
Nobody here is displeased with the improvement on the field. Idk where you're getting this. We're being critical of the class so far, hell even Mullen said this ain't gonna cut it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody here is displeased with the improvement on the field. Idk where you're getting this. We're being critical of the class so far, hell even Mullen said this ain't gonna cut it.
theres a lot of hyperbole being thrown around from both sides. Both sides!

:grin:

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

No way. There has been mountains, absolute mountains of displeasure with losing to UK and Missouri.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I mean I'm not trying to troll you or be a dck but at some point you might want to consider how you're stating positions bc they're coming out differently perhaps than you intend. I'm not the only one that's noticed.

Edit - I'm also an engineer, electrical. It shouldn't be an excuse either.

Well as a fellow EE, mine in a previous life, you should be able to separate from the emotion of being a fan for a bit and answer the simple question: what have the decision makers done over the past ten years up to today that make you think UF is willing to put out the effort, resources and possible academic reputation repercussions required to climb back to the top of the SEC and national mountain?

I have missed it if you have already answered.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well as a fellow EE, mine in a previous life, you should be able to separate from the emotion of being a fan for a bit and answer the simple question: what have the decision makers done over the past ten years up to today that make you think UF is willing to put out the effort, resources and possible academic reputation repercussions required to climb back to the top of the SEC and national mountain?

I have missed it if you have already answered.
not alot, but paying a guy 6 mill per year is a good start. Sorry if I think 6 a year demands a certain level of performance year round.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
tell us why fans being unhappy about losses to Mizzou and freaking Kentucky AT HOME is wrong. How should we feel, please tell us.

I wasn’t displeased as I fully expected to lose 4 - 5 games this season. Notice I didn’t say pleased. Im looking at the upward trend in general. I’m thrilled with where we are.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn’t displeased as I fully expected to lose 4 - 5 games this season. Notice I didn’t say pleased. Im looking at the upward trend in general. I’m thrilled with where we are.
you're not answering the question. Why is being upset about getting slapped by KY in the swamp wrong?

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
not alot, but paying a guy 6 mill per year is a good start. Sorry if I think 6 a year demands a certain level of performance year round.

I’m not sure why folks think throwing money at only one part of a project would expect complete success. Hire the best engineers and not provide the support infrastructure isn’t going to get it done.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure why folks think throwing money at only one part of a project would expect complete success. Hire the best engineers and not provide the support infrastructure isn’t going to get it done.
Miami has much worse facilities and an awful fan base. They had a high ranked class two seasons ago. Next....

I fully expect you to continue with your everything but the coaches mantra so I'm just going to state this one time and then I'm done with it. Good recruiters recruit well. Period.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You folks were all saying Butters was a six year, at least, guy too. You were wrong, as always.
You think Butters got fired because he lost 5 games or so every year? Hahahahaha. He got fired because he let the program deteriorate into a dumpster fire and only won a couple of games last season. Mullen could go 7-5, 7-5, and 7-5 over the next three seasons and he'll still be the coach in 2022 barring extraordinary circumstances akin to the Butters schytshow.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
you're not answering the question. Why is being upset about getting slapped by KY in the swamp wrong?

Because they were a better team that day. It wasn’t even close. I’m pleased that we are heading in the hopefully right direction. I suspect our time frames/expected rate of improvement are simply different. No Gator team has finished undefeated. Why would we start this year?

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Miami has much worse facilities and an awful fan base. They had a high ranked class two seasons ago. Next....

I fully expect you to continue with your everything but the coaches mantra so I'm just going to state this one time and then I'm done with it. Good recruiters recruit well. Period.

Dude, you can’t keep pointing to one year worth of data at other organizations when I am talking a multi-year rebuild at the UF. We are speaking two different languages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.