Dear Ben

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I personally like that my alma mater has become an academic powerhouse. But I also see the two worlds as co-existing. It hasn't turned out that way so far. I blame the lame ADs more than anything.
People ain't going to like this, but unless either Stricklin or the Board of Trustees bring this to Sasse's table, it ain't gonna be on his radar until next year. Yes, he's at every game, hands out "Beat" t-shirts whenever he can, but he's only focused on his 10 year plan and hiring his staff (which means getting rid of a lot of people) to execute it. He's got his own battles to fight right now and it is MUCH bigger money than foosball. The "good news" is that he is planning on sticking around up to 10 years, so I'm sure he'll get around to football eventually.

Hopefully we can get to the Michigan level of academics and football coexistence, but it would be a lot easier in the Big 10.

A simple example of the difference between Fuchs and Sasse: for game days, in the President's Suite, Fuchs would be out glad handing/talking to guests the entire game. Guests now bitch because Sasse spends minimal time during the game talking to people in the box... other than when he goes out selling Gatorade for a few minutes, he is running continuous 15-30 minute private meetings with people that truly matter in the conference room.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's why it has to be a package axe or get tabled for later. Stricklin isn't about to sacrifice himself for the betterment of the program.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That's why it has to be a package axe or get tabled for later. Stricklin isn't about to sacrifice himself for the betterment of the program.
That may very well be what happens if/when he focuses on athletics. For the last year, he's been clearing out VPs, Dean of Law School... the "deep state"

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
But they don't win games and will have a losing record for 3 years in a row.

UF's "Army" don't win games.

Gator Made don't win games.

Give me a couple of old school Gs who will knock the piss out of opposing linebackers. Choir boys don't win games.
I don't think otherwise.
But Durty said "the entire program is a collosal fail" and I think that's not accurate and is hyperbole.
But if people are that distraught then perhaps their bytching will change things.
I still think CBN and the players want to get a 6th win and I hope it happens Saturday.
:chomp:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
billy runs a real family like program and has a bunch of very respectful young men. that's the most important thing.
Thx for understanding my point perfectly.
But I'd like to win all the games too and some titles.
Perhaps we could reevaluate his effectiveness after his 3rd season? :dunno:

Aug 5, 2014
Well, I completely disagree that he had no sway over infrastructure. The players love their digs (work and dorm) and love their parking and love their food. In short, they're happy and they love their coaches. This team is together whether you see it or agree with it is irrelevant.

Florida's NIL, post legislative changes, is one of the best in the state and country and I'm sure he also had a hand in that.

UF's "Army" is impressive and is something we've never had. Now, one can argue that they're ineffective but that, too, can change if directed by CBN. You already know he doesn't tend to make changes mid-season.

The Gator Made program is phenomenal and has been one of the bright spots of his tenure.

We've had zero embarrassments come from this staff or team, short of the play on the field. To be clear, we've had no problems with cops, scooters, killers, rapes, etc. This team has represented the University of Florida well.

There are others but it's already TLDR.
You are seemingly trying to polish a turd....

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You are seemingly trying to polish a turd....
Don't intend to argue your point. I'd prefer all I listed to be broken but our play on the field to be all wins.

But to say "the entire program is a collosal fail" is not accurate IMO. To ignore the good that CBN has done is childish.

Also, go back and look at all the positive posts by 98% of the members on this board from the past 2 yrs and you'll see many here have had positive things to say, but now that our season is shytt, everybody with the emotions of a teenager are quick to rail against him and thinks it would be wise to punt him now.

I'm willing to wait.

Oh, and Urbs ain't coming back. He makes way too much money to wear makeup and talk into a camera.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Don't intend to argue your point. I'd prefer all I listed to be broken but our play on the field to be all wins.

But to say "the entire program is a collosal fail" is not accurate IMO. To ignore the good that CBN has done is childish.

Also, go back and look at all the positive posts by 98% of the members on this board from the past 2 yrs and you'll see many here have had positive things to say, but now that our season is shytt, everybody with the emotions of a teenager are quick to rail against him and thinks it would be wise to punt him now.

I'm willing to wait.

Oh, and Urbs ain't coming back. He makes way too much money to wear makeup and talk into a camera.
So as long as the janitor staff is efficient and streamlined, and the equipment manager has us looking really sharp for each loss... ya know, all the stuff that doesn't matter a single fck, then the program isn't a total failure. I think we all understand your point. Thanks for sharing.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
So as long as the janitor staff is efficient and streamlined, and the equipment manager has us looking really sharp for each loss... ya know, all the stuff that doesn't matter a single fck, then the program isn't a total failure. I think we all understand your point. Thanks for sharing.
That's what you got from my post?
The More You Know Nbc GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Sasse will come to a point where he will have to weigh the buyout vs the massive amount of money that Napier is costing the football program with his failures. The buyout is a lot. But when you imagine all the money UF is losing with this awful product that nobody wants to watch, the buyout is small in comparison. How deep of a hole are they willing to let Napier dig the football program into? Just like with the last few failures, if you let him stay he will continue to dig us further down. He needs to be fired as soon as possible at whatever cost to the recruiting class or the buyout. Get someone in here that everyone can get excited about and start generating more energy and money for the program. Napier is a loser. He will always be a loser. Send him back to the SunBelt. He fell flat on his dumbass face here. The job is too complex for him. He sounds like a complete moron in Pressers now. He's an embarrassment. Sounds like he's completely Fd on Xanax. He doesn't even come close to having what it takes to lead a giant program.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How deep of a hole are they willing to let Napier dig the football program into? Just like with the last few failures, if you let him stay he will continue to dig us further down.
The issue is they do not believe that. Not at all.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
if i want choir boys ill go to church. he's getting paid to win games, not produce role model employees for bank of america.
Ok, hold on there pard. Now I'm sure you've seen my recent posts, advocating, nay demanding, Billy's firing. But criticizing him for running a clean program and developing young men is not smart. It's one of the few things he's done right.

If you don't want to take the moral side, let's take the practical side. Where do you want your players' focus? And do you want your star players in trouble with the law or the university? Remember Jalen Kitma.

The crap we've seen on the field is not due to choosing "high character" players. It's due to Billy's play calling, game management, and staff selections.

Carry on.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rewatch Band of Brothers. BN reminds me of Lt Spiers. He is so focused on his process he can't see its not working, but since he trusts his process, he keeps doing it. He literally walked his entire company into an ambush during a training exercise because things weren't going the way his process told them they should go. Much like his playcalling.

Nothing quite like being proud of yourself for sharing a great analogy only to find out that you screwed it up.
Sounds like it’s time for you to watch Band of Brothers again.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That was like episode 6 or 7. His name was Private Blythe. And his problem was that he still had "hope." Lt Speirs educates him on such whimsical fantasy in the clip below.

Personally, I accepted the fact that we are all dead a long time ago.

You are both wrong.
The Blythe story is in like episode 3 shortly after the Normandy invasion.

I recommend that y’all try and watch it again during Thanksgiving holidays.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, hold on there pard. Now I'm sure you've seen my recent posts, advocating, nay demanding, Billy's firing. But criticizing him for running a clean program and developing young men is not smart. It's one of the few things he's done right.

If you don't want to take the moral side, let's take the practical side. Where do you want your players' focus? And do you want your star players in trouble with the law or the university? Remember Jalen Kitma.

The crap we've seen on the field is not due to choosing "high character" players. It's due to Billy's play calling, game management, and staff selections.

Carry on.
nobody is criticizing him for being clean; that was a straw man that auggie came up with b/c he has no argument for program positives that actually matter. having a clean as a whistle choir boy program is great.... when you are winning. it doesn't matter a freaking bit when your staff and team suck like a black hole.

nobody minds having good kids, and there's been no criticism of their gpa or off field behavior, but if those good kids/staff cant win, its time to move on. at the end of the day, its about winning.

thats the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.