Defensive Depth Chart 2021

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
The fact that Wilson isn't on that list is a tremendous improvement :lol:
But nobody has ever thrown a shoe further than Marco. Alas, for loss of a shoe, a chance at a championship was lost. And enough of this foolishness that it shouldn't have been a penalty! He deserved the flag just for being stupid!

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Prince is not a LB. He is a DE. I think he can more than hold his own at DE next year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Suddenly, our DL doesn't look so bad going into the spring. Getting Shelton was huge & Carter returning was just as big.

Word is that Goods and Humphries are returning as well.

I think Prince is the #2 at SDE and Carter stays there, even if he gets over 290. Dexter will have a full off season in the S&C program, which he badly needs. He has the talent and speed, just needs some strength. Dunlap is a solid returning piece and will provide 10-20 snaps a game. Boone could also get some time there and Powell needs a spot.

I think Chatfield and Bogle are your backup Bucks. Chatfield ain't playing ILB w/ the youth we have there ready to step in (Wingo, Hopper, and possible Borders).

I think Watson redshirts due to his girth, but he can still play 4 games, same w/ Thomas & Sapp.

If Lang improves and Lee makes strides, both should provide 10+ snaps/game. We'll have a solid heavy rotation w: Shelton, Dexter, Carter as starters; Cox, Bogle, Chatfield at Buck. Then you have Princely, Lang, Lee, Humphries, Dunlap, and Goods in the heavy rotation.

Theswamp_Gator

Jan 8, 2021
I'm expecting Dexter to take a massive leap within the next 1-2 years. I don't think I've ever seen a 5-star DT be that weak, but with no spring practice, and workouts limited, this guy went from playing Buchholz to the SEC. Hopefully this year was a rough wake up call that he's not already an NFL guy. Alot of these 5-stars seem to think they are ready for the NFL and we are just a flashy stepping stone for their own careers.

Theswamp_Gator

Jan 8, 2021
I agree, I think he could be a real 3-down OLB/DE possibly even better than Greenard was. I would like to see Boone get some PT, he could be a legit SDE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator