Defensive Depth Chart 2021

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he comes back...but I'm also hoping to see Wingo and Hopper more (along w/ Diabate).
I mean he's a junior. I thought he was a senior.

if he even explores, he's not going to like what the committee says. there's no room in the NFL for a slow linebacker that can't cover.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he comes back...but I'm also hoping to see Wingo and Hopper more (along w/ Diabate).
you know I'm a huge Wingo fan, but what little I saw of him looked like a freshman safety being forced to line up at linebacker.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
you know I'm a huge Wingo fan, but what little I saw of him looked like a freshman safety being forced to line up at linebacker.

Agree (Hopper looks like a safety too). Let's hope this offseason they're on campus, lifting and eating....a lot! We need Diabate, Hopper, Wingo, and a couple of the DBs to beef up. I'd like to see Dunlap and Lang get to 300, or bigger.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree (Hopper looks like a safety too). Let's hope this offseason they're on campus, lifting and eating.....
I don't mean the size necessarily.

I mean he doesn't look comfortable inside, he often takes a false step backwards, he just isn't flowing to the holes, seeking to punish RBs, stuff like that.

Safety to linebacker is a huge transition. Burney's a good example of it not working well. in my opinion Burney's and elite talent strong safety or hybrid. we're just totally ****ing up these kind of guys with the bullshtt scheme we play.

Wingo and the Diwun are in the same boat.

Those guys would be huge and a true star scheme or others that play hybrids or OLBs. as much as I like these guys, I think they're all elite talent, I just don't think they can play onnChoker's system. just keep praying he's gone in a week or so.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nose- Dunlap/ Lee/ Transfer/ Watson
Tackle- Dex/ Transfer/ Goods
End- Princely/ Lang
Buck- Cox/ D Reese
Sam- Bogle, he will play some end on 3rd and long

Mike- Miller/ Houston/ Pierre
Will- Diabate/ Hopper/Burney

Nickel- Travez/ Chester/Cross fingers on Arnold

CB- Elam/Chester/Avery Helm
CB- Hill/ Marshall/Rogers

S- Dean/ Think we move Kamar here
S- Torrance/ Collier

Think we see Cox and Bogle on the field together more next season.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I didn't list Black in my mock depth chart. I have no clue where he's going to play, but I imagine he's at least on the 2-deep.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I mean he doesn't look comfortable inside, he often takes a false step backwards, he just isn't flowing to the holes, seeking to punish RBs, stuff like that.

Safety to linebacker is a huge transition. Burney's a good example of it not working well. in my opinion Burney's and elite talent strong safety or hybrid. we're just totally ****ing up these kind of guys with the bullshtt scheme we play.

Wingo and the Diwun are in the same boat.

Those guys would be huge and a true star scheme or others that play hybrids or OLBs. as much as I like these guys, I think they're all elite talent, I just don't think they can play in Choker's system. just keep praying he's gone in a week or so.

Wingo is struggling because Choker is probably cross-training him at 7 different positions. Because, you know, Choker gonna choke. He will screw up Hopper, Diwun, Williams and whatever other elite talent. Diwun has the elite talent to become an Isaiah Simmons type player. If Grantham is allowed to coach him, we will be lucky if Diwun is even serviceable.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my guess:

SDE Lang, Princely, Powell
NT Dunlap, Lee (Humphries if he returns), Watson
DT Dexter, Transfer, Thomas (Goods if he returns)
WDE/Buck Cox, Chatfield, Bogle
ILB Diabate, Burney, Hopper
ILB Houston, Wingo, Freshman
Star/Nickel Travez
CB Elam, Marshall/Kimbrough
FS Torrence, Collier, Wilcoxsin
SS Dean, Torrance, McDaniels
CB Kimbrough, Helm/Rogers

EDIT: add Sapp & Boone to the DL rotation....and Miller, if he returns.

Only one that I don’t completely agree with is Princely not starting. I think he’ll be a starter next year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Only one that I don’t completely agree with is Princely not starting. I think he’ll be a starter next year.

He certainly has a higher ceiling - and if you look at the snap count threads, we rotate starters w/ the 2's around 60%/40%. I could see Princely starting by game 3 after Lang has some hiccups. I'm just hoping that Lang, with a full off season (which he didn't get last year after the position change) will come back better and stronger. He certainly got more PT/experience this year than any of the freshman/1st year players (which he technically is after the position change). But you could be right. Princely has a heck of a motor and hopefully he comes back 15+lbs heavier.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Diwun has the elite talent to become an Isaiah Simmons type player.

I don't write this to disagree, but to know the answer: in what film are you seeing this? We have built him into Isaiah Simmons on here, I agree. But he has barely played in years and didn't pass HS. You think he can learn 3-5 positions all well enough to play at a high level, including multiple coverage roles without tons of blown assignments? Maybe, and I see tons of people raving about him, so there must be something to it.

I hope we have a spot in mind and get him to be good at that one thing first or we will have Burney 2.0, not Simmons.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't write this to disagree, but to know the answer: in what film are you seeing this? We have built him into Isaiah Simmons on here, I agree. But he has barely played in years and didn't pass HS. You think he can learn 3-5 positions all well enough to play at a high level, including multiple coverage roles without tons of blown assignments? Maybe, and I see tons of people raving about him, so there must be something to it.

I hope we have a spot in mind and get him to be good at that one thing first or we will have Burney 2.0, not Simmons.

When I compare him to Isaiah Simmons, I'm talking about pure physical ability. When was the last time you saw an LB who could run a 4.3 at 240 pounds? In order to be that special of a player, one has to have the physical talent. Diwun does. He is already at 230ish and verified to run a 4.4. Add another 8-10 pounds. If he keeps that speed, wow. But, then Grantham will move him to DT. So we are screwed no matter what.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Burney (EDIT: I meant DIWUN) looked really good in that allstar thing. I forget which one. He was fast and all over the place playing OLB.

That being said, scouts were clear they think Wingo is more talented, and Wingo got almpst no playing time despite us having Sunbelt talent at LB.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
that isn't a good thing at all unless it's an obvious passing down.

2 point outside. Neither guy I expect will be in a 3 point much unless its 3rd and a mile.
Even then we would have to slide Princely down,and thats not ideal.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I haven't seen the article, but TOS says that Houston said he's returning next year and Houston said to look out for Antwan Powell next year - Houston said Powell is a BMF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen the article, but TOS says that Houston said he's returning next year and Houston said to look out for Antwan Powell next year - Houston said Powell is a BMF.
sure thing.

I remember these articles about Burney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.