Deion hired at Colorado; immediately installs his frog's testicle of a son as starting QB

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I guess if you think he might be successful you love him? I don't love or hate the guy. I just think he is going to attract a lot of players and I know he can coach, hasn't he proven that at JSU?
You don't hate the guy? You see, that's the problem.

He was a lying, cheating, corrupt jackwagon back in 1989 when he was at FSU and hasn't changed one iota.

If a high school coach had one good year and then jumped to the NFL, would you automatically assume he can coach?

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
You don't hate the guy? You see, that's the problem.

He was a lying, cheating, corrupt jackwagon back in 1989 when he was at FSU and hasn't changed one iota.
He purports to be a devout christian now. People do change from when they were 20 YO.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He purports to be a devout christian now. People do change from when they were 20 YO.

Did you happen to watch that :30 clip of him acting like a complete buffoon including bragging about his luggage being LV to a room full of broke college kids? Do you realize how much insecurity you have to have to say something like that there. I don’t care what he claims. He’s the same insecure, pretentious toolbag he’s always been. Regardless of whether he wins or loses at CU there are going to be some seriously ugly moments.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I had no idea there was such animosity in here with regards to him.

Animosity is a bit strong. Do I want to see a former seminole be successful? No, not really. Do I still hate his days as a cowboy? Sure. Am I slightly hoping that Ralphie tramples him in a gory scene at the start of next year’s opener?Possibly. But no animosity.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never saw you as a Deion guy, but my eyes have been opened. I'm with 812 (and it's great to see him post) that's it's astounding how many of our own fans seem to absolutely love him.

I absolutely despise Deion and I recognize him for exactly what he is and typically would assume that he fails.
However, during the last few years I have seen multiple examples, in my career as well as other aspects of life, where the powers that be will do whatever it takes to make happen what they desire.

We’ve already seen a major college football sponsor wedge this clown into a multi year ad campaign (that has become even more difficult to watch) as well as College Gameday slobbering all over him for two years now.

Now that he’s in a P5 job, we will get to witness just how far those people will go to promote him and recruit for him in every way possible. I am pretty much convinced that he will succeed because it will become difficult to fail. I hope i am wrong.

Spoiler Alert - Keep an eye out for Emmitt Smith making appearances with him and pimping his program while continuing to ignore his alma mater.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely despise Deion and I recognize him for exactly what he is and typically would assume that he fails.
However, during the last few years I have seen multiple examples, in my career as well as other aspects of life, where the powers that be will do whatever it takes to make happen what they desire.

We’ve already seen a major college football sponsor wedge this clown into a multi year ad campaign (that has become even more difficult to watch) as well as College Gameday slobbering all over him for two years now.

Now that he’s in a P5 job, we will get to witness just how far those people will go to promote him and recruit for him in every way possible. I am pretty much convinced that he will succeed because it will become difficult to fail. I hope i am wrong.

Spoiler Alert - Keep an eye out for Emmitt Smith making appearances with him and pimping his program while continuing to ignore his alma mater.
He still has to COACH and win games on the field. Texas A&M is flooded with talent and had a losing season. You have to be able to coach, regardless of how much talent you have. Also, I meant what I said earlier - his location in the mountains of Colorado is going to hurt him when it comes to attracting a lot of these blue-chippers.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He still has to COACH and win games on the field. Texas A&M is flooded with talent and had a losing season. You have to be able to coach, regardless of how much talent you have. Also, I meant what I said earlier - his location in the mountains of Colorado is going to hurt him when it comes to attracting a lot of these blue-chippers.

I hope you are right.
As you can tell I have lost faith in right and wrong in America so I try and prepare for the worst.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Never saw you as a Deion guy, but my eyes have been opened. I'm with 812 (and it's great to see him post) that's it's astounding how many of our own fans seem to absolutely love him.
It ain't about me being a Deion guy, it's just an observation and he does relate to the current HS FB player. He's freaking legend and he has played on some of the greatest NFL teams of all time not too mention the way he just shut down one side of the field. He may be one of the few guys that played at the level that can also coach, most can't or won't. I'd have no problem seeing him fall on his face believe me...I just don't think he will.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have bit my tongue or should say held my keyboard on responding to this about the Afflac Azzhat.

I agree with @cover2 , @oxrageous , and many others that have posted their feelings on DS. And the DS can stand for DypShyt. Before I go on any further I will admit he'll get recruits, win some games, and so forth but.........

After watching that clip of him, if you had a kid at CU how in the almighty hell of all that is holy would you allow your kid to even play for a loud mouth like that? If he had in his contract paying him for every time he said, "I'm coming" he would have made his first year's salary in that one meeting. This guy is nothing about making young men great, better men, and good sportsmanship. If I were the AD at CU I would have been sitting in the corner cringing. If the AD isn't, he's desperate.

I have no problem with a coach having a crucial conversation and laying out the expectations of what they expect. Tell them that they may not be a fit and to think about the portal. But this guy is a complete Jackwagon. I feel that type of mentality eventually will turn on him, harm a program, or perhaps lead to demise. If not one, maybe all three.

He may or may not succeed. I damn sure won't be rooting for him. And if he turns it into a dumpster fire, I will be right there laughing my azz off.

Ok, rant over.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Where were all these stops you referred to?

I have Jackson State and……………
Uhhh
FSU
Atlanta Falcons/Braves
SF
Dallas
Jax St

His personality has been the same at every stop. For him it works. It turns off many, including me, and excites certain types. His two year W/L record at JSU is really good and if he has Coors level NIL money to burn he will attract some top talent, not the men you would want your daughter to date but several who will play on Sundays. Don't let your disdain for the clowns and hatred for Prime Slime blind you. This is an easy step up for this guy, on his timeline. If he hires good coaches all he has to do is carnival bark.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Did you happen to watch that :30 clip of him acting like a complete buffoon including bragging about his luggage being LV to a room full of broke college kids? Do you realize how much insecurity you have to have to say something like that there. I don’t care what he claims. He’s the same insecure, pretentious toolbag he’s always been. Regardless of whether he wins or loses at CU there are going to be some seriously ugly moments.
Are there any players on that roster worth getting from the portal?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Uhhh
FSU
Atlanta Falcons/Braves
SF
Dallas
Jax St

His personality has been the same at every stop. For him it works. It turns off many, including me, and excites certain types. His two year W/L record at JSU is really good and if he has Coors level NIL money to burn he will attract some top talent, not the men you would want your daughter to date but several who will play on Sundays. Don't let your disdain for the clowns and hatred for Prime Slime blind you. This is an easy step up for this guy, on his timeline. If he hires good coaches all he has to do is carnival bark.
He played HBCUs only and what few non-HBCU teams they did play were poor and had to be coached by a HC with the same skin color.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It ain't about me being a Deion guy, it's just an observation and he does relate to the current HS FB player. He's freaking legend and he has played on some of the greatest NFL teams of all time not too mention the way he just shut down one side of the field. He may be one of the few guys that played at the level that can also coach, most can't or won't. I'd have no problem seeing him fall on his face believe me...I just don't think he will.
Not a single kid in this generation ever watched Deion Sanders play football or baseball. They view him as a loudmouth TV personality and a celebrity.

Remember something else - if Slime really was a hot coaching prospect he sure as hell wouldn't have taken that CU job - it was the best offer he got. There's absolutely no way he wants to be there and will flee the moment something else comes along. You guys are acting like he was a white-hot coaching prospect that AD's were drooling over.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not a single kid in this generation ever watched Deion Sanders play football or baseball. They view him as a loudmouth TV personality and a celebrity.

Remember something else - if Slime really was a hot coaching prospect he sure as hell wouldn't have taken that CU job - it was the best offer he got. There's absolutely no way he wants to be there and will flee the moment something else comes along. You guys are acting like he was a white-hot coaching prospect that AD's were drooling over.

:exactly:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Uhhh
FSU
Atlanta Falcons/Braves
SF
Dallas
Jax St

Uh,
I had no idea he coached at any of those places.
I stand corrected, I guess…

BTW, Jax St is short for Jacksonville State In Jacksonville, Alabama. Deion’s only coaching job, which is the subject of this entire thread, was at Jackson State in Jackson Mississippi.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
You realize he was just using an analogy referring to the fact he is bringing top talent to Colorado.
Nope, many here took it literally. I do believe he was being truthful by telling all those white boys to hit the portal.

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022

CBSNews is reporting that the Buffaloes offered Sanders an almost $6 million per year salary ($29.5 million for five years) which is significantly more than the $300,000 per year that JSU was paying him, half of which he donated back to the school so that they could update and renovate their athletic facilities. What’s crazy about Colorado’s salary offer is that they don’t even have the money to pay Coach Prime

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.