Dinner time

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
7A164044-D55B-49E3-84FF-B916E3B39207.jpeg

This will turn out to be my most expensive dinner EVER. While the food cost $20 the dental implant will be much much more. I bit down on the shrimp and heard my tooth crack from the bottom all the way up. The CT scan today showed it’s beyond repair. FML

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This will turn out to be my most expensive dinner EVER. While the food cost $20 the dental implant will be much much more. I bit down on the shrimp and heard my tooth crack from the bottom all the way up. The CT scan today showed it’s beyond repair. FML

You broke a tooth on a shrimp? How is that even possible?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016

Must have been Rock Shrimp :D.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rock shrimp? :lol:
The tooth has been giving me issues for a year but the CT scan in August didn't show any issues.
Well, the plate looks fantastic. Sorry about the tooth.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Rock shrimp? :lol:
The tooth has been giving me issues for a year but the CT scan in August didn't show any issues.
Rock Shrimp are shrimp size but have a hard shell. Kind of a cross between lobster and shrimp. Back in the day they were great eating and cheap. Then, restaurants caught on and some even featured them.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Rock Shrimp are shrimp size but have a hard shell. Kind of a cross between lobster and shrimp. Back in the day they were great eating and cheap. Then, restaurants caught on and some even featured them.

didn’t the restaurants give them a fancy name too? I think they were called Langostinos maybe? I’ve had them before and they are good.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Well, we were fortunate enough that it was a gift. I tried to not take advantage of the situation and only got fresh local seafood. We can get the frozen crab and lobster in KY. It was like a kid in a candy store. It was $250 which is about $20/meal. Dad took me to the seafood market and said to fill it up!
Best.Gift.Ever! (As an adult at a least)

Tonight I fried some scallops and grouper for just me and Seedy. Tried the Gumbo and the seafood chowder.
Looks great , what batter did you use?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Your post gave me craving from shrimp, just ordered two fried shrimp to go from Roy’s here in Steinhatchee
Sorry bout the tooth, I have a couple implants that mare great.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

Sorry to hear about the tooth. Never had anything that bad happen, but did crack a cap on shrimp that had way to crispy breading at a fancy restaurant in Winter Park once.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Since it is shrimpapalooza

Mayport shrimp blackened on the Blackstone on top of roasted cauli, broccoli, onions,peppers, artichokes and capers

58B3E2C0-DB40-4049-8121-BB957397DE10.jpeg

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Since it is shrimpapalooza

Mayport shrimp blackened on the Blackstone on top of roasted cauli, broccoli, onions,peppers, artichokes and capers

Dog gone that looks fitten
What size black stone? I normally cook for three what would be a good size

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I have the big four burner and a smaller travel model. ;). If you have the space, the big 4 burner is nice. Lowes now has the model with a hinged lid. You can have meats and veg going at the same time or burgers and buns. Whoever started posting about them on here, :exactly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator