Dinner time

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
taking a bird off the smoker with tongs...

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Pork chops on the Egg. They came from a good friend and small family farmer.
Is that a sweet potato?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
That was too good for a funny!

You cook some impressive meals on the egg. I’ve never considered one because it looks like a commitment. Most of my dinners have to be to be done in 30-60 minutes. How long does it take you?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
You cook some impressive meals on the egg. I’ve never considered one because it looks like a commitment. Most of my dinners have to be to be done in 30-60 minutes. How long does it take you?
It took about 30 minutes from the time I started the fire. Of course we had the chops marinating in the fridge longer. The great thing (not the only) about the Egg is after you finish cooking you shut it down, it immediately extinguishes and the coals are ready for the next meal. With something like pork chops the Egg is ready to go.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
It took about 30 minutes from the time I started the fire. Of course we had the chops marinating in the fridge longer. The great thing (not the only) thing about the Egg is after you finish cooking you shut it down, it immediately extinguishes and the coals are ready for the next meal. With something like pork chops the Egg is ready to go.

Nice, I’ve always assumed it was more like a smoker and a big commitment. I had no idea that you could shut it down. I’ve heard great things about them.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nice, I’ve always assumed it was more like a smoker and a big commitment. I had no idea that you could shut it down. I’ve heard great things about them.
For the next cook, you just top up the charcoal as opposed to brickettes which all burn out.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Many years ago a friend of mine who I went to school with at UF cooked the very best standing rib roast I have eaten on the Green Egg. I had one within a week and wouldn't be without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.