Dinner time

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The kids were going to make teriyaki chicken tonight so they marinaded it. Even made homemade teriyaki sauce but then they forgot to put it back into the refrigerator for 3 hours. Instead of teriYUCKY chicken we got take out. That's what I get for free labor. :facepalm:

Can't be too upset with them. Dad had them installing insulation in the FROG today so we can finish it this winter. Hope the free labor on installation goes better than the chicken.
Just proves that it just doesn't pay to compliment/brag on your kids. They ALWAYS find a way to ruin it eventually...

:bwahaha:

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
misschevy got the Rona (one of her girlfriends basically lives at target and also has it, bitch). I tested negative yesterday and I ain’t runnin scared but I’m also trying not to go crazy - fortunately I still get to work just to get out of the house.

Kids have been pretty interested in the “British baking championship” on Netflix. I think I’m going to try my hand at baking a loaf of bread one of these days.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
misschevy got the Rona (one of her girlfriends basically lives at target and also has it, *****). I tested negative yesterday and I ain’t runnin scared but I’m also trying not to go crazy - fortunately I still get to work just to get out of the house.

Kids have been pretty interested in the “British baking championship” on Netflix. I think I’m going to try my hand at baking a loaf of bread one of these days.

That sucks. Hope she recovers quickly and you don't get it.

Someone gave us sourdough starter this summer. It's a true commitment! That's what they should give students in home ec class instead of a fake baby doll. If they can keep it alive for 3 months then they pass! :lol:

The kids have made pretzels, baguettes, hamburger buns and loaves of bread. Personally I prefer active yeast but we've been eating well this summer on bread.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That sucks. Hope she recovers quickly and you don't get it.

Someone gave us sourdough starter this summer. It's a true commitment! That's what they should give students in home ec class instead of a fake baby doll. If they can keep it alive for 3 months then they pass! :lol:

The kids have made pretzels, baguettes, hamburger buns and loaves of bread. Personally I prefer yeast but we've been eating well this summer on bread.
I think sourdough bread is great! Yeast for rolls.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Fishing for Reds or Black Drum?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Peanut butter and red plum jelly sandwich (toasted) tonight.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Peanut butter and red plum jelly sandwich (toasted) tonight.

As delicious as it sounds, what happened to the steak? Still seasoning the BS? You can do the 17" in the oven too to save on propane.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
As delicious as it sounds, what happened to the steak? Still seasoning the BS? You can do the 17" in the oven too to save on propane.
I'll be blackening the steaks on Sunday. It occurred to me after I finished seasoning it with propane that I could have just put it in the oven. Duh.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
misschevy got the Rona (one of her girlfriends basically lives at target and also has it, *****). I tested negative yesterday and I ain’t runnin scared but I’m also trying not to go crazy - fortunately I still get to work just to get out of the house.

Sorry mommas down, hope she gets better real quick. Prolly got it from the mailman.
Yeah agree on the sourdough being good, For a first bread bake a real simple one is a rustic artisan bread make in a dutch oven. Easy, no real heavy kneading, I have made it several times and it comes out perfect.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Sorry mommas down, hope she gets better real quick. Prolly got it from the mailman.
Yeah agree on the sourdough being good, For a first bread bake a real simple one is a rustic artisan bread make in a dutch oven. Easy, no real heavy kneading, I have made it several times and it comes out perfect.

Yep - this is an easy go to bread. I made the mistake one time putting garlic seasoning into the dough and the high baking temps burnt the garlic. Not the best taste.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I made a simple dinner tonight, home made chicken noodle soup and a sharp cheddar cornbread.

Looks good! Rotisserie chicken?
Never heard of a cheddar cornbread before. My mom would make what she called "Charlie bread" and it used a can of cream corn. I preferred it to regular dry cornbread.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I picked up a pack of boneless skinless thighs and boiled em. Momma doesn't really eat meat so I pulled em out and used egg noodles and some veggies in the seasoned broth. I added some of the thighs back to my bowl. I sometimes make something similar to your mom's Charlie Bread called Mexican Spoon Bread, kind of like a sweet corn pudding. I think I posted the recipe in the Gatorchatter recipe site.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I picked up a pack of boneless skinless thighs and boiled em. Momma doesn't really eat meat so I pulled em out and used egg noodles and some veggies in the seasoned broth. I added some of the thighs back to my bowl. I sometimes make something similar to your mom's Charlie Bread called Mexican Spoon Bread, kind of like a sweet corn pudding. I think I posted the recipe in the Gatorchatter recipe site.

There's a recipe site here too?!? :faint:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah gren moved it to Copy Me That, more user friendly and free. but I can't remember the password. Imagine that. It's tucked away in an old barbecue thread on here. @grengadgy please repost the Gatorchatter recipe address and password.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Thighs. Good choice for soup, dumplings etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator