Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Get a Traeger

Traeger Tailgater 20 Portable Wood Pellet Grill - Black - TFB30KLF : BBQGuys

c83a555a49c6e5b24d8baa795ea0da51.jpg
I don’t know @heavychevy , you might want to reconsider. I hear they’re running a special when you buy one of those pellet smokers. Buy one and you get a free 12 pack of Zima and a case of vegan hot dogs.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Had a hankering for an old style meal like my grandma used to make. Whipped this up for supper this evening...

Peas we put up in June with bacon drippings and a few pods of okra from the garden, homemade mashed potatoes, fried cube steak and some sawmill gravy made from the renderings in the pan. Missus made a pear crisp with pears from the tree in the back yard. I feel like I’m fortified for the upcoming week.
Damn I love me some field peas and pear crisp. Well done.
Now replace that okra with a grilled jalapeño! Okra’s only purpose in life is to thicken gumbo ;)

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Damn I love me some field peas and pear crisp. Well done.
Now replace that okra with a grilled jalapeño! Okra’s only purpose in life is to thicken gumbo ;)
:headslap: Okra is much more useful than just to thicken gumbo. Fried or boiled okra is awesome! You need to get out and live a little G8tr...

:rotfl:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
:headslap: Okra is much more useful than just to thicken gumbo. Fried or boiled okra is awesome! You need to get out and live a little G8tr...

:rotfl:
Fried with hot sauce, but at that point just go straight to hush puppy ;)

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 24511
You need to start things off by snorting about a dime of that wasabi

Momma made a pepperoni / black olive deep dish pizza tonight that was seriously good

20200819_181139.jpg

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
View attachment 24511

You need to start things off by snorting about a dime of that wasabi

Momma made a pepperoni / black olive deep dish pizza tonight that was seriously good

beautiful pie!

Work has been crazy insane this week so the kids planned out a menu and I’ve been coming home to dinner. Life.Is.Good!
Tonight was flat iron honey garlic steak bites, orzo and steamed broccoli. The other day it was meatloaf with spicy ketchup because we were out of regular ketchup. It worked surprisingly well.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
beautiful pie!

Work has been crazy insane this week so the kids planned out a menu and I’ve been coming home to dinner. Life.Is.Good!
Tonight was flat iron honey garlic steak bites, orzo and steamed broccoli. The other day it was meatloaf with spicy ketchup because we were out of regular ketchup. It worked surprisingly well.
Pics or it didn’t happen.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
The kids were going to make teriyaki chicken tonight so they marinaded it. Even made homemade teriyaki sauce but then they forgot to put it back into the refrigerator for 3 hours. Instead of teriYUCKY chicken we got take out. That's what I get for free labor. :facepalm:

Can't be too upset with them. Dad had them installing insulation in the FROG today so we can finish it this winter. Hope the free labor on installation goes better than the chicken.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The kids were going to make teriyaki chicken tonight so they marinaded it. Even made homemade teriyaki sauce but then they forgot to put it back into the refrigerator for 3 hours. Instead of teriYUCKY chicken we got take out. That's what I get for free labor. :facepalm:

Can't be too upset with them. Dad had them installing insulation in the FROG today so we can finish it this winter. Hope the free labor on installation goes better than the chicken.

3 hrs? Hell unless the cat used it for a litterbox I would have put that bird in the oven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator