Dinner time

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If it's real bad oven cleaner is used to rehab old cast iron. Dozens of how-to videos on Youtube.

Cowboy Kent Rollins is a hoot and a pretty good chuck wagon cook too.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@CDGator - here's one on identifying old cast iron, many more on here- Look at the damned faucet on his sink!

wow, he’s got quite the set of pans! I got an old Griswold from a neighbor when she passed. It had a wobble in it on top of the stove when I cooked so my husband thought he would fix it by taking a hammer to the bottom. It cracked, I cried.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Goulash with my first ever attempt of Spaetzle from scratch. It was surprisingly easy and turned out great. The wine is a Rossi di Montalcino
upload_2021-1-31_20-5-15.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Took over the whole operation tonight. Simple sauce of San Marzanos, garlic and shallots. Goat cheese with olive oil, dried thyme, rosemary and oregano on ciabatta. Kings Pass Cabernet. Haven’t made Sunday dinner completely alone in some time. And unlike some other people, I actually have pictures to support it, rather than just expecting you to believe.

upload_2021-1-31_20-56-16.jpeg

upload_2021-1-31_20-57-1.jpeg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Goulash with my first ever attempt of Spaetzle from scratch. It was surprisingly easy and turned out great. The wine is a Rossi di Montalcino
Well done and congratulations on the Spaetzle. Tough stuff.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Took over the whole operation tonight. Simple sauce of San Marzanos, garlic and shallots. Goat cheese with olive oil, dried thyme, rosemary and oregano on ciabatta. Kings Pass Cabernet. Haven’t made Sunday dinner completely alone in some time. And unlike some other people, I actually have pictures to support it, rather than just expecting you to believe.

Weak sauce there Italiano. Some noodles and bread spread. You’re better than that.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I make artisan sourdough bread every other day just to have on hand. Some family member had the brilliant idea to use it for hot ham and cheese sandwiches. They are truly amazing but no supporting pictures for evidence.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You both know The Rule, so, pretty clear those sammies never happened.

Frankly, I’ve always been a little skeptical that NV’s entire persona was a giant facade. First of all, I’m pretty sure I saw his av in a story last week about a criminal suspect from the 70’s. But also, let’s be honest here. No one’s pavers are that clean. Almost positive those are stock pics from Lowe’s or a high end landscaping company’s website.

As for CD, I’ve always respected him as a valued contributor here. But making up elaborate tales about clearly fictitious ham sandwiches? That’s tough to defend.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Frankly, I’ve always been a little skeptical that NV’s entire persona was a giant facade. First of all, I’m pretty sure I saw his av in a story last week about a criminal suspect from the 70’s. But also, let’s be honest here. No one’s pavers are that clean. Almost positive those are stock pics from Lowe’s or a high end landscaping company’s website.

As for CD, I’ve always respected him as a valued contributor here. But making up elaborate tales about clearly fictitious ham sandwiches? That’s tough to defend.

Sorry, I self identify as a her.
Yes, NV’s photos do look staged now that you mention it!

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
My mistake. I think I knew that too. Sorry.

I actually meant to ask though, do you really make that much bread? Kids eating it up?

Carb loading :lol:
Kids love it and I give loaves away to friends too. Just getting the hang of feeding the sourdough starter.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

OK, here's the problem. Those pavers aren't perfect. Matter of fact a couple are loose. As for food pics, I can't help it I post such damn good looking stuff it seems unimaginable. Finally, @CDGator is a female and @Gator By Marriage loves him some "Lifting a horse tail and licking it Pinot Noir". However Wren Hop is pretty good, at least what I was able to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator