Dinner time

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Is that a BLT? I hate tomatoes. Always have, always will.

Mayo looks good though.

I used to think they were the most disgusting thing you could eat and never at them for over 40 years. A few years ago I just got a craving for them. Now I eat them on sandwiches (with ham, turkey, etc.) or on burgers. I don't like sandwiches or burgers without them now.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I used to think they were the most disgusting thing you could eat and never at them for over 40 years. A few years ago I just got a craving for them. Now I eat them on sandwiches (with ham, turkey, etc.) or on burgers. I don't like sandwiches or burgers without them now.

I like cooked tomatoes but hate them raw. As for BLT I’ll just make a bacon sammich with no L or T...just bacon and mayo is delicious

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
f373661982e04038bc5ffc8af3d9968e.file

233c2b39338b0c8423f1f8e83f5b8d6d.file

7272bc546aab84157e07fdf2ec0be62b.file

2f83ea94e0aff5c0e5bdaec7c31b6b7e.file

4f053cdf787e108b94602bdffaa8ab39.file

First time trying to make burnt ends which is by far my favorite piece of BBQ. Still got some work to do but turned out very solid.
Heck yeah it did!
I like cooked tomatoes but hate them raw. As for BLT I’ll just make a bacon sammich with no L it T...just bacon and mayo is delicious
Hot dang, another tenderfoot :)

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad that NV clarified. My initial thought was Ribeye. The shrimp look fantastic, and
in my opinion the best part of what was a delicious dinner. I tend to grown tomatoes every
year, but have yet to do so this year. I'll probably just pickup a plant and add water to it
while they take in the sun.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Simple air fryer chicken, with lentils. The lentils were bagged. But no complaints. Our pool just opened today, so she and the kids were getting a well deserved afternoon of relaxing. Besides, I came home to two Four Roses, real old school, whiskey sours on the counter.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cedar plank salmon with mixed greens and rice. Of course the mixed greens had some vinegar pepper splashed/doused.

91CEA7E6-2E9B-44DF-B33D-0AD1F6D85F34.jpeg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NVGator what do you season your salmon with (besides the cedar plank, of course)? Most of my experience with salmon has been croquets. The time or two I’ve tried the cedar plank, I never could get it to taste like I thought it ought to. Been thinking about trying a glaze of some kind, but have no experience. Yours looks pretty good!

@crosscreekcooter Nothing wrong with a little cereal and milk for a light evening meal. After all it is getting on toward bathing suit season.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@soflagator i might be the only guy left who hasn’t had air fryer chicken. How does it compare to the oven or grill (not even gonna ask about fried chicken as that is a delicacy unto itself)?

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I see you managed to get some decent grill marks on that piece of tough-ass round steak.

I had a half dozen vine ripe sweet 100's tonight with some baby backs limas and collard greens. Those things were so sweet and juicy they reminded me of your first love.

:bwahaha:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@soflagator i might be the only guy left who hasn’t had air fryer chicken. How does it compare to the oven or grill (not even gonna ask about fried chicken as that is a delicacy unto itself)?

IMO it’s better than oven but not quite as good as the grill. We just got an air fryer for Xmas and we use it way more than I ever expected. Makes really good wings

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@cover2 I’ve used a couple different rubs from time to time. I like to make a batch and put it in a shaker so it’s ready to go.

For a sweet/spice type it’s brown sugar, chili powder, cumin salt & pepper. Only down side with this is it it’s not used fast enough, the brown sugar will start to clump.

Another version is to remove the brown sugar and add garlic powder and smoked paprika

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@cover2 I’ve used a couple different rubs from time to time. I like to make a batch and put it in a shaker so it’s ready to go.

For a sweet/spice type it’s brown sugar, chili powder, cumin salt & pepper. Only down side with this is it it’s not used fast enough, the brown sugar will start to clump.

Another version is to remove the brown sugar and add garlic powder and smoked paprika
The little touch of sweet provided by the brown sugar sounds good and is probably comparable to how we’ve had it in restaurants that we’ve enjoyed. I can see where the brown sugar would clump if it sat too long between uses. Thanks for the tip! I’m looking forward to giving it a try.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMO it’s better than oven but not quite as good as the grill. We just got an air fryer for Xmas and we use it way more than I ever expected. Makes really good wings

Agreed. I’ve used mine a handful of times and haven’t been overly impressed . Though I tend to appreciate grilled over fried food , I truly love wings once in a blue moon.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I pretty much can’t get enough fried fish, but every now and then I want a little something different. Especially if the fish/filet is on the large side. I’ve got recipe for baked and coated white fish I got from the home ec teacher that I haven’t done in a while. First step is to season the fish (S&P, lemon is what we usually do). The coating is half and half sour cream and mayo (not Miracle Whip). A cup of each mixed thoroughly is usually enough for 4 filets. Put the coated filets on a sheet pan with parchment paper. The final step before the oven is to crush up a can of French fried onion rings and spread them on the tops of the filets (if you are a high dollar household you could do a couple of cans and dredge the entire filet ;)). Put the fish in the oven uncovered and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. I won’t say they’re better than fried, but they ain’t bad and are a good change of pace. I’ve done catfish and flounder, but any good white fish will do. I don’t believe I’d do a snapper or grouper like this; they’re too good fried or grilled.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. I’ve used mine a handful of times and haven’t been overly impressed . Though I tend to appreciate grilled over fried food , I truly love wings once in a blue moon.
I grill my and then sauce them and put back on the grill to set the sauce. My next batch of wings I'm going to try and smoke.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Getting ready for Sirloin Saturday at the c2 shack...

16107CED-3476-4744-9D42-5642C977698B.jpeg

...admittedly sirloin isn’t my first steak choice (a good ribeye and recently skirt are vying for the top spot), but this sirloin was at a good price and the one we had previously turned out pretty well. Black pepper, a little Adolph’s (just to be on the safe side), and an afternoon soak in some Moore’s will have it ready for the grill around 5:30. Plans are to have some fresh corn on the cob and a salad featuring everybody’s favorite...home grown Husky cherry red salad tomatoes! More to come a little later on.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

...admittedly sirloin isn’t my first steak choice (a good ribeye and recently skirt are vying for the top spot), but this sirloin was at a good price and the one we had previously turned out pretty well. Black pepper, a little Adolph’s (just to be on the safe side), and an afternoon soak in some Moore’s will have it ready for the grill around 5:30. Plans are to have some fresh corn on the cob and a salad featuring everybody’s favorite...home grown Husky cherry red salad tomatoes! More to come a little later on.

Damn fine looking table fare you got there C2! Keep us posted on the results.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

View attachment 21726

Not too far behind ya cover . Having a strip tonight and it’s probably my second favorite cut behind filet . Ribeye takes bronze for me . Enjoy buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.