Disney Tips & Tricks

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
IMG_5043.jpeg

• Disney weddings can cost more than $100K - which is $70k more than the average U.S. wedding
  • Extra can include $3K Mickey Mouse guest-appearance and $5K Cinderella carriage and tax and tip

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
All types of construction. Residential trim carpentry all the way up to Space Mountain and the some of the Matthew's bridge in Jax.
Got it... I only asked because of SM... My Dad was an Iron Worker (structural steel/hanging iron, not to be confused with steelworkers) and they erect roller coasters.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Was good early on....not so much any more

Now that you mention it, that’s how I remember it. It wasn’t terrible years back. It’s now in full blown, “why do we care, people are still gonna come here because we’re here” mode. Aside from Flying Fish that whole Boardwalk strip is not good. The middle space that has been about 10 different Mediterranean places has always been a disaster. Then of course there’s the ESPN Club, which was always packed to the point of having people lined up waiting outside, so they closed that one. :lol:

We always eat at Il Mulino, which is a far cry from their flagship in NYC, but still good.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Got it... I only asked because of SM... My Dad was an Iron Worker (structural steel/hanging iron, not to be confused with steelworkers) and they erect roller coasters.

Yeah I don’t remember his role there. It may have been that aspect. I just used to tell kids my dad built Space Mountain, right before I did the condescending, slow-eye-roll look away.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now that you mention it, that’s how I remember it. It wasn’t terrible years back. It’s now in full blown, “why do we care, people are still gonna come here because we’re here” mode. Aside from Flying Fish that whole Boardwalk strip is not good. The middle space that has been about 10 different Mediterranean places has always been a disaster. Then of course there’s the ESPN Club, which was always packed to the point of having people lined up waiting outside, so they closed that one. :lol:

We always eat at Il Mulino, which is a far cry from their flagship in NYC, but still good.
Nailed it :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nailed it :lol:

I think I’ve told the story before, but since we’re talking, Disney, I will re-share. One of the greatest moments of the whole Covid fiasco was a weekend in May 2021 when they decided to lift the mask mandate. A friend and I were getting off Soaring with our kids and saw a couple of fat(of course) cast members practically fuming as they spoke to one another off to the side. I kept hearing words like data, CDC, etc.. peppered throughout their low volume rant. Then my wife tells me the news that the mandate did indeed end that night at. But just to confirm, I asked a different cast member, who was an older Indian lady. She immediately dismissed it in a condescending, mocking tone. “Oh no, that’s not happening”, she said. I realized then that she knew the reality, but was just unable to come to terms with it. “No, no, no”, she scoffed. So, me being me, I pressed. I kept saying, “I don’t know, it says right here….”, and “you may be right, but this looks pretty legit..” This interaction must’ve lasted 5 minutes and the other dad I was with was literally out of breath laughing close by. :lol:

That year and a half window of these chubby freak shows being able to yell at guests and be rude had come to an abrupt end.

1699371555407.gif

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I think I’ve told the story before, but since we’re talking, Disney, I will re-share. One of the greatest moments of the whole Covid fiasco was a weekend in May 2021 when they decided to lift the mask mandate. A friend and I were getting off Soaring with our kids and saw a couple of fat(of course) cast members practically fuming as they spoke to one another off to the side. I kept hearing words like data, CDC, etc.. peppered throughout their low volume rant. Then my wife tells me the news that the mandate did indeed end that night at. But just to confirm, I asked a different cast member, who was an older Indian lady. She immediately dismissed it in a condescending, mocking tone. “Oh no, that’s not happening”, she said. I realized then that she knew the reality, but was just unable to come to terms with it. “No, no, no”, she scoffed. So, me being me, I pressed. I kept saying, “I don’t know, it says right here….”, and “you may be right, but this looks pretty legit..” This interaction must’ve lasted 5 minutes and the other dad I was with was literally out of breath laughing close by. :lol:

That year and a half window of these chubby freak shows being able to yell at guests and be rude had come to an abrupt end.

View attachment 63750
I just walked into a Buccees (almost like Disney if we’re honest) and came face to face with a young couple in their N95 masks looking terrified. Both masks looked about 30 days old. Guess they will live the rest of their lives with them on. Viruses aren’t going anywhere.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I just walked into a Buccees (almost like Disney if we’re honest) and came face to face with a young couple in their N95 masks looking terrified. Both masks looked about 30 days old. Guess they will live the rest of their lives with them on. Viruses aren’t going anywhere.

They live among us.

My favorites are the ones driving in a car by themselves with the mask on. Second only to one walking outside with no one else around wearing a mask.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was pissed when they changed the song on It's a Small World... but when they did the same for my beloved Peter Pan ride, I was DONE with that f'n place! Don't even get me started on the pussification of Pirates! DONE!!!!

Then the last draw was not allowing you to drink beer out of the homeless pirate ass for you, wasn't it?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My family is annual pass members, we pick our days to go, or do the afterhours events. The micky not so scary Halloween and the magic kingdom after hour events are the only ones we found worth the money. Genie is only worth it on days where there is going to be limited capacity, and the genie system is poorly made, it was a better system when it was free because it was very straight forward. Genie on a busy day at Magic Kingdom or Hollywood studios is just throwing your money away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator