Feleipe Franks 2020 season tracker thread

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
his decision making not under duress isn't particularly good either.

So we were watching the Bucs-Broncos game. I was curious to see how your boy Driskel would do.

2nd & 8, he drops back, rolls to his right as a DE bears down on him from behind. He runs laterally toward the sideline, eyes downfield looking for a target. The DE dives and catches his feet for the sack. My wife asks, “Why didn’t he throw it away?” I replied, “That’s exactly what he did at Florida.”

Then announcer Mark Schlereth says, “The coaches are working with Driskel to get rid of the ball rather than taking the sack.” We both burst out laughing. And I thought of you.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Mond is a Franks clone or vice versa...either way I’m not scared of them or LSU after watching that MSU team torch them

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I think Dan hitched his wagon to this guy because he didn't want to deal with the locker room backlash. My guess is he decided to forego team success in favor of player harmony. I think he's doing the same with Jones even though Jones has shown us nothing in his three years on campus. Speaks to Dan's lack of win at all cost mentality.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Dan hitched his wagon to this guy because he didn't want to deal with the locker room backlash. My guess is he decided to forego team success in favor of player harmony. I think he's doing the same with Jones even though Jones has shown us nothing in his three years on campus. Speaks to Dan's lack of win at all cost mentality.
Maybe. But I dont get the sense that Franks was particularly popular.

He is however 6-6, relatively fast and can throw the ball twice as far as Uncle Rico with basically a flick of the wrist. Lots of coaches get enticed by those physical skills and convince themselves they can fix the head.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Maybe. But I dont get the sense that Franks was particularly popular.

He is however 6-6, relatively fast and can throw the ball twice as far as Uncle Rico with basically a flick of the wrist. Lots of coaches get enticed by those physical skills and convince themselves they can fix the head.
I'd take uncle Rico all day long over Franks. At least he cared.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I think Mullen thought Franks was the better fit for his offense and, just as important, that he could fix the guy. Franks is unfixable.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mullen thought Franks was the better fit for his offense and, just as important, that he could fix the guy. Franks is unfixable.

All coaches have a part of them that thinks they can be the guy to fix an athletically gifted player.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

75cb8921a5b4ff.gif

I can't wait for the part where he confronts the press asking if they don't see improvement when he gets from 7 points a game to 14.

quote]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I expect a win vs Vandy, but their Florida RB will expose our rushing defense. It really hacks me to see Vandy pound our DL with a 2* Florida RB.
I know you are a 2* professor and as such you love some 2*. But the "success" rate of 2* is about 1% or less.

It is why all Muhssippi teams have sucked forever.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
No reason?
No reason to be haten on someone just because they don't live up expectations. Wish them well and move on to the next guy, Franks had his shot and he proved he was not the guy we need ,that doesn't make him a bad person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.