Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
The other funny thing was when we were going out we were in a brand new 38 ft Everglades with triple 350 Yamaha's. Capt. Avery was driving from the flying bridge cruising 40 mph between openings in coral reefs. Charley the boat owner was on the deck freaking out. My son and I climbed up to the bridge to talk to Capt. Avery and he was up there drinking a beer and smoking a joint. My son looked at me and said "Don't tell Charley" LOL

Life in the Bahamas is a little different.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Rosie is a him? But call me jealous. I want to catch a mahi big enough grill. And want him filleted and grilled hours after I catch him (or her).
Wait maybe it is Rosie Grier part of the fearsome foursome from LA

He looks about like Rosie Grier. Probably 6'4 350 lbs black as night. Rosie is the boss of the island. Nothing happens on Grand Cay or Walker's Cay without Rosie's approval. We were held up a couple of hours by the customs man at Walkers Cay, Rosie told Charley next time just come straight to his place and he would just call customs and clear us. It's nice to have contacts in these places.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, our charter cap burned as well. It’s island life for sure over there.

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes it was. Rosie treated us like royalty, When we got there Charley (the boat owner) called for Rosie to come down to the dock and asked him who was the best Captain on the Island. Rosie answered "That would be my brother-in-law Capt. Avery Meyer". Charley asked "Is he available for a couple of days?" When Rosie answered "For you Mr Charley of course" I knew we would be treated like kings.

15219977_10202438143471824_4121711172454982282_n.jpg

Captain Meyer with the Tuna, my son with the Mahi.

That's a big assed bull

Spearo Gator

I kill fish
Nov 17, 2018

Absolutely beautiful day at the Shands Pier, hope it's a great fishing day as well.[/QUOTE]

Stay thirsty my friend! ;).
Did you catch any? I pulled the boat out yesterday, been sitting for about 2 months. Going to head offshore at daylight if the wind/wave forecast holds out. All I want for Christmas is a box full of grouper!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I pulled the boat out yesterday, been sitting for about 2 months. Going to head offshore at daylight if the wind/wave forecast holds out. All I want for thChristmas is a box full of grouper!
Boy how I miss those days..Many years ago(20-25) we used to club big sow belly Gags off Canaveral this time of the year but some years back with all the closures and restrictions I kinda wrote the whole thing off.....Oh and the 40-50# Cobia that would club your Pinfish on the way up or down from a baitdrop or check always kept things interesting too....ah, the good old days.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

Absolutely beautiful day at the Shands Pier, hope it's a great fishing day as well.

Did you catch any? I pulled the boat out yesterday, been sitting for about 2 months. Going to head offshore at daylight if the wind/wave forecast holds out. All I want for Christmas is a box full of grouper![/QUOTE]
Not a single bite, but I had a great time relaxing by the water. Had the whole pier to myself and a cooler full of beer what more could I ask for besides a bite. Plan on doing a lot of fishing next weekend wife is going out of town for New Years.

Spearo Gator

I kill fish
Nov 17, 2018
Did you catch any? I pulled the boat out yesterday, been sitting for about 2 months. Going to head offshore at daylight if the wind/wave forecast holds out. All I want for Christmas is a box full of grouper!
Not a single bite, but I had a great time relaxing by the water. Had the whole pier to myself and a cooler full of beer what more could I ask for besides a bite. Plan on doing a lot of fishing next weekend wife is going out of town for New Years.[/QUOTE]

That’s why they call it fishing instead of catching, sounds like you checked all the boxes. A bite is just bonus. Good luck next weekend. :fistbump:

Spearo Gator

I kill fish
Nov 17, 2018
Boy how I miss those days..Many years ago(20-25) we used to club big sow belly Gags off Canaveral this time of the year but some years back with all the closures and restrictions I kinda wrote the whole thing off.....Oh and the 40-50# Cobia that would club your Pinfish on the way up or down from a baitdrop or check always kept things interesting too....ah, the good old days.

I fish the west coast but know there’s some pigs over there. The cool water should have em in. Hoping to run 20 miles out of Tampa in the AM for some hook-n-line gags and whatever else might be chewing. No spearing in these temps. Gags close 31st here so this is my last chance until June 2019.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Where were you fishing out of Pirate? I got a Snook in the mouth of the Steinhatchee river a couple weeks ago which is a little strange this time of year since they are a warm water fish, wondering if the red tide has them run up here.
Did not get a pic when we caught them, but here is a couple of beer battered redfish from today.

PirateGator

Aug 5, 2018
It is my birthday weekend (funny how did not get a happy birthday wish from Ox), anyway went out on the yak yesterday and caught some nice trout. Nice day.

Attachments

• 788B4C0E-FD1F-4D79-A765-355341281E7B.jpeg
    788B4C0E-FD1F-4D79-A765-355341281E7B.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 80

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bass fishing season is officially open again at my spot. Went out Sunday for the first time this season and caught 31 bass. The biggest was only 3 pounds, but it was fun.

Heading back out again Sunday. I really want to break the 7-pound mark for the first time. This is the year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator