Floating the unthinkable....can FSU roll in and win?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
If you look at the last two years’ games against Kentucky, Missouri, Miami, Miss St, Vandy or S Carolina, Mullen having us in position to lose to a substantially inferior team is not “unthinkable.”

Remarkably, Kyle F’ing Trask was not the qb for any of those close calls/loses (unless you count SC this year, which we were leading by 18 in the fourth).

Without the heightened Franks risk factor, I don’t see it happening here though.

F@<k these second choice u a$$holes.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It would take a really bad game by us and an excellent one by them. That said, they are playing their best right now and we are playing very poorly so it's possible.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you look at the last two years’ games against Kentucky, Missouri, Miami, Miss St, Vandy or S Carolina, Mullen having us in position to lose to a substantially inferior team is not “unthinkable.”
Generally I agree, but what I mean by "unthinkable" is the fact we have been laughing at FSU for a year now, chronicling every failure on a daily basis. Having them come into the Swamp and beat us under these circumstances would cause a meltdown of proportions that would be difficult to describe. It might crash the site.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
This game will be the super bowl for the semenholes, so we know they will come in pumped up and ready to play. But... will we?

There is no doubt that we should win, and win by a big margin. I believe we are a much better team than they are. However, I will not be surprised if the coaches turn it into a squeaker. I just hope and pray that Mullen and his hapless crew don't find a way to lose this game for us. In some ways, I wish we did not have this upcoming bye week before the game. With the way we came out against ga, I have my concerns.

And though it may seem ridiculous with our current record, I do believe Dan will be faced with a tremendous amount of "noise in the system" if we lose. Will he be fired? I don't think so. But I think a loss to this team would cause many believers to come to grips with the fact that Mullen had a very low ceiling, and he has already hit it. And then, everything will just get awkward.

Cliff's notes: win this f+cking game, Dan.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
A loss to a team as dysfunctional as the noles would be devastating. Multiple firings would be appropriate. Our shaky recruiting would likely get worse. Law would celebrate. Traz would be shaking his finger at everyone for months on end. Coach would be fine - as long as everyone had fun, it’s all good, right?

I don’t think it’s likely, though. They’re not good on offense or defense. Dawg DC has no issues with inferior offenses. He likely shuts them down. Mullen will get his points on offense and they just lost their top DT. Good DTs have wreaked havoc on our OL so them losing that guy is a major plus for us. Might even rush for 50 yards.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
The answer is yes they can and if we come out slow a shyt like we did against Mizz, USC and Ugay it's very likely to be a nail biter until the very end. Their RB is no joke and they have some talent on defense. As mentioned earlier it's gonna be their superbowl. DM's play calling in certain situations has been a head shaker and I'd expect a few of those in this game as well. Not sure we can get any kind of running game so it's gonna be all Trask hitting targets and not throwing stupid pics. Certainly shouldn't lose to them but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if we do.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
What if a nuclear war starts tomorrow? What if we invent flying cars by the end of the year? What if Law grows a scrotum and magically sprouts two balls to fill it with and a penis to hang from it? All are more likely outcomes than FSU beating us.

Not to be too contrary, but I’m pretty sure you don’t get through jump school at Benning without a pair.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unthinkable indeed. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Ain’t happening.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Honestly, dont see it happening. Of course it can happen, lets say we come out not only incredibly slow but also throw in a turnover or two for a short field and we have to play catch up from a significant margin. But if teams play like they are supposed to, Blackmon is average at best and their receivers are also average. Cam is their only real weapon and we have shown the ability to bottle up one good back especially with Z and Greenard are in and going. Defensively, the have a decent front which should stop/slow run game (surpise!) but as we have shown all year passing is where its at for us and they are so so in coverage, so barring freak events, NO FSU will not roll in here and win.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We are a 2nd half team. Part of me thinks that we don’t overexert in the first half so we can leverage our S&C advantage in the 2nd. Maybe that’s just trying to rationalize, but it’s what I see.

If we can check emotions, not do anything stupid in the first half and steal their soul - we curb stomp them in the 2nd. That is a team that is clearly emotionally weak. I haven’t seen as much “give up” as this nole team in a long time.

With that said, if we give them a reason for hope, they have talent...more talent than us...and could give us big trouble.

I haven’t been opposed to our “slow start” strategy (even though it is sometimes infuriating), but this game I want the gas pedal down from the opening kickoff. Break them early.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
many replies in here...........:worried:.........fck the noles. THey are coming to Gvile as a clstrfckkc and we are light years better than we were two yrs ago.............I swear some of our fanbase has PTSD.........or at least STDs causing brain:kiffin:

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They're playing better without Willie. They have more talent. It's not completely out of the question. I still think we're the better coached team though, no matter how much some of our posters seem to think Dan and company are bad. I expect another maddeningly close game until half time, and then we find enough rhythm in the 2nd half to pull away thanks to Trask and our WRs + Pittman.

UF 27
Semenholes 17

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I just don't think that a team no matter how talented with a bad culture who has been erratic, undisciplined and shows no heart will all of a sudden change, do these things in a short period of time then come into The Swamp and beat a very good team which we are. GO GATORS

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We are a 2nd half team. Part of me thinks that we don’t overexert in the first half so we can leverage our S&C advantage in the 2nd. Maybe that’s just trying to rationalize, but it’s what I see.

If we can check emotions, not do anything stupid in the first half and steal their soul - we curb stomp them in the 2nd. That is a team that is clearly emotionally weak. I haven’t seen as much “give up” as this nole team in a long time.

With that said, if we give them a reason for hope, they have talent...more talent than us...and could give us big trouble.

I haven’t been opposed to our “slow start” strategy (even though it is sometimes infuriating), but this game I want the gas pedal down from the opening kickoff. Break them early.

I hate that we have a bye week, so they have time to at least partially undo the mess that Willlllie made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator