Foley Headed To Ft. Collins - Jim McElwain to be hired

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I agree with Frangie and the guys on 1010xl: Foley isn't getting on that plane unless he has his man because of what happened in 2004. Sources are pretty good saying Foley and his staff are on that plane. If that's true then Foley isn't going out their for the interview - he's picking him up to bring back to Florida. Personally, I'm ecstatic over this hire. I was really bummed when I heard Champer was the guy. But this guy I'm really charged up. I'm already planning my trip to Gainesville for the O&B game. Let me tell you one other guy that's going to be jumping up and down - Will Greer. He should be getting ready to party right about now.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
With all the hoopla around this, I can't imagine Foley isn't photographed later today. I would imagine there will be reporters waiting on the plane when it lands!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Watching some youtube tape on their offense they definitely are running out of a spread type formation on many of the downs with how they line the RB up etc. One article said it is McElwain's Bama offense but with a lot of tweaking.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This guy is not a no name. He may indeed be the guy. This is a coach that adjusts and plays his strengths, something champ never did (adjust well). I'm excited, show recruits bama film while he was there. Good TEs RB and WR will come. A respectable QB can get the job done

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
CapitalGator02;n121988 said:
Pulled a fast one. Instead of using a UF owned aircraft, they charted a Citation from Jacksonville, flew it to Joplin, MO and is now headed to Fort Collins, CO. Looks like we probably have our next HC

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N843DW
amazing they take the time to add the shadow detail under the plane, yet they have the ground as blue.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n122095 said:
amazing they take the time to add the shadow detail under the plane, yet they have the ground as blue.

I guess a Boise State grad designed their web interface

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n122102 said:
This hire isnt my first choice but I would get behind him in a heartbeat.

Yep, exactly.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
People are saying its basically a spread formation he runs. That he ran it when he was at Fresno State.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As long as he wins and is a good coach.. that works for me.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thrilled that it appears we are on the doorstep of starting a new chapter in Florida football. McElwain will bring us competent offense and championship experience. Can't wait to start supporting him and the program!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is no better or worse than the other second tier choices out there. Nothing in his background to point to failure anyway.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Seriously, some of you are worried about his looks? Jimbo Fisher and Gus Malzahn, two of the dopiest looking dudes around, are doing just fine, and Nick Saban is 5 '4" and is a slightly larger head away from being a dwarf. Just win mfn football games!

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The Original DC;n122135 said:
Seriously, some of you are worried about his looks? Jimbo Fisher and Gus Malzahn, two of the dopiest looking dudes around, are doing just fine, and Nick Saban is 5 '4" and is a slightly larger head away from being a dwarf. Just win mfn football games!

That's all they got They're at their football acumen limit

C

Claygator

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n122130 said:
I think he is no better or worse than the other second tier choices out there. Nothing in his background to point to failure anyway.

Good coach with proven success wherever he has been including at the HC level. Interested to see the coordinators that he brings/keeps

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Hey did a great job of making John Parker Posey and Greg McElroy good game managers.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Born2beagator;n122040 said:
Why does Foley want this nobody? I think I'm just going to crawl into a hole and cry now.

Instead of crying, can you please jump in front of a speeding car? That would be far more pleasurable than hearing stupidly complain about a great hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.