Former Coach Hatred Rankings

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not getting into who we should hate / disrespect more. But I call "bull$hit" when I see it. He was forced to play Trask after Franks' injury otherwise Trask would never have seen the field.
Very true. But none of the other three would have gotten as much out of trask as Dan Mullen did. Not even close

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Whatever McFly, they still shouldve been all over the LOS stuffing that option crap :tongue:

The funny part is as much as that game is viewed as this crazy outlier event, if a WM coached team played them 10 times, Gsu would probably win half. First lesson in going against complex,
unorthodox offenses like the triple-option is you don’t let them hang around and play their base offense the whole game. In fact, you try to take them out of that by end of Q1. They can’t go toe-to-toe with you which is why they adopt that system. But if you keep letting them run it as scheduled, you’ll eventually look up and see a fat, white fullback running untouched for 70 yards into the end zone while you focus on one of the other players. Get them down 21 and you’re golden as they’re obviously not designed for comebacks and cannot pass. But them hang around and you could very well get beat. We did because we had a complete buffoon along the sidelines.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Very true. But none of the other three would have gotten as much out of trask as Dan Mullen did. Not even close
They were all dip$hits but if it were up to Mullen, Trask would be validating parking passes at some bank somewhere instead of competing for a starting QB spot in the NFL. He gets no credit for Trask.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They were all dip$hits but if it were up to Mullen, Trask would be validating parking passes at some bank somewhere instead of competing for a starting QB spot in the NFL. He gets no credit for Trask.
And maclewain had trask behind Franks too. And will muschamp had Jacoby brisset behind Driskel. I mean are you implying the other 3 didn't make retarded personnel decisions? Freaking muschamp had Trent brown playing guard and whiffed on Derek Henry because he wanted him to play linebacker.

Edit: I forgot about muschamp having an all pro safety, playing receiver. Quenton Dunbar made deonte tompson look like Jerry rice

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
And maclewain had trask behind Franks too. And will muschamp had Jacoby brisset behind Driskel. I mean are you implying the other 3 didn't make retarded personnel decisions? Freaking muschamp had Trent brown playing guard and whiffed on Derek Henry because he wanted him to play linebacker.
You said Mullen, "Gave us a Heisman candidate qb." That's what I'm objecting to, nothing else. Regarding the ineptitude of the other coaches, sure.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Still crazy to think at one time we nearly had Grier, Trask and Corrall in our QB room

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Still crazy to think at one time we nearly had Grier, Trask and Corrall in our QB room

Crazier still is the fact that WM inherited the #3 TE of the 2010 class, the #2 ranked TE of the 2011 class(was already committed), and then landed the #3 and #6 TE’s of the 2012 class, and yet by 2014 we were still left having to force a 3* converted DE into the position. And—are you ready for this? His mishandled incompletions directly led to two losses(Lsu and fsu).

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Crazier still is the fact that WM inherited the #3 TE of the 2010 class, the #2 ranked TE of the 2011 class(was already committed), and then landed the #3 and #6 TE’s of the 2012 class, and yet by 2014 we were still left having to force a 3* converted DE into the position. And—are you ready for this? His mishandled incompletions directly led to two losses(Lsu and fsu).
He didnt even fathom he needed an offense to win games.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
we were still left having to force a 3* converted DE into the position. And—are you ready for this? His mishandled incompletions directly led to two losses(Lsu and fsu).
It’s crazy that Zander’s is still here and starting for us. Covid really did cause long college careers. I don’t care how many name change you have, it shouldn’t get you 4 extra years to play.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Perfectly plausible explanations for why all three went wasted (Trask temporarily):

1) Feleipe Franks' arm.
2) Feleipe Franks' ankle.
3) Feleipe Franks' mouth.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at a couple other threads, I thought this might deserve its own in the last couple days before we are officially in Game Week for the 2023 season.

Jumping in, if rating hated former coaches, here is my order and rationale:

1. Zook, maybe not his fault for being so mentally limited at birth, but god I hated him. His falling between two great coaches just highlighted his utter buffoonery. I've encountered him since, including at an event with several other coaches. He stands out amongst them as the one everyone else is laughing at (not with, which would be Spurrier). He's like the kid in elementary school who would eat dirt, all the kids would laugh and him, he would think he had friends, and just go home alone with a dirty face. Perhaps also because it was so strongly my first hate, just like a first love.

2. McElwain. Totally incompetent, bullyish, pompous, yet awkward, perhaps Asperger's, dick. The no socks, I just am so relaxed that I don't give a damn false persona was an obvious failure at Florida from his first press conference. I think what places these two highest is that it was so obvious from the first 5 minutes of their press conference that we would be failing for years. That is a dooming feeling and these two dumb-a$$es elicited that immediately.

3. Muschamp. All I can say here is it is stunning to me that I could have two coaches I hate more than this total a$$hole. This is more a reflection on how inept the first two are (and why Foley is higher than all of them for possibly greenlighting either of the two preceding coaches). But, while Muschamp's game planning and program theme were so antithetical to what Florida football should be and what our HS talent excel at - this is a current concern with Napier too - he kept us competitive until near the end. Foley fired him an obvious year too late when everyone else saw where it was going. If he gets fired one year earlier, we may hate him less, hire James Franklin, and even if Franklin never wins it all, he does not sink to the depths of the idiots that followed. Plus, Franklin's persona may have worked better at Florida than psu.

4. Mullen. Repeat what I said about it being unbelievable how many coaches I have on the hated list more than this pompous, 1992 -esque, oversized pleated khakis, ridiculous attempt to be cool with daddy Jordan wearing, social reject, who wouldn't make the tough calls just out of spite. He did make the offense a bit more fun, even if defense was infuriating and the I'll show you how smart I am nonsense nearly broke many TVs.

If rating AD's, I might hate Scotty the most, between his punchable smirking face while lying to us about where donated money will go, his Ms. St. fake aw shucks demeanor and accent, and 2001-esque, douchebag, C- fraternity look, tucked in collared shirt look.

I may need to see a professional about the benefits of harboring all this hatred. For now, venting to you all will have to do.

Hope Napier does not get added to this list. Right now, though, it feels close to Muschamp 2011 without the Mid-Line conceit (which is a huge upgrade). I mean, he makes sense conceptually as a hire, even if it is not at all exciting and his style doesn't seem to match Florida football at all (I mean UF and HS Florida football). He's laid some very good groundwork and works hard recruiting. You could say similar things about Muschamp until his last two seasons. But, like Muschamp, there are some early concerns regarding game plan concepts, playing it safe, trying to win with plodding offense, unexplainable ingame time management choices, etc.

We will see. The start is certainly more mixed than Muschamp with higher spots to look at for future success, but lower spots in games too (certainly left with less than the dwag was). Napier's foundation seems so far ahead of everyone on the list above, he works hard, and even if he fails, I find it will be hard to hate him............................for now.
Mullen

McElwain

Muschamp

Zook

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
That fkin dawg Chump destroyed the program from which we still haven't recovered AND left us needing multiple years to rebuild the oline.
We went from perennial national title contender to a laughing stock. We lost all prestige as somewhere recruits wanted to be.

Anybody after Chump was a drop in the bucket compared to the damage he did.

Hate, hate, hate that muthafkcr.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That fkin dawg Chump destroyed the program from which we still haven't recovered AND left us needing multiple years to rebuild the oline.
We went from perennial national title contender to a laughing stock. We lost all prestige as somewhere recruits wanted to be.

Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Butters

Cousin Eddie

Muschamp

Zook

Eddie and Butters are interchangeable, imo. Both guys always think they’re the smartest guy in the room and they were lazy, subpar recruiters.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
In a post along time ago before Mullen was hired said it best:”Muschamp clogged the toilet, but Mac added the upper decker”

Then Mullen comes along and adds something along the wall
and floors in a manner that can only be found in a music festival porto-let.

Muschamp was a hard worker, least hate there.
Mac was just a moron: he couldn’t win with the ‘85 Bears roster.
Mullen could have done well if he wasn’t such a lazy boner.

Mullen deserves the most hate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.