Franks/Trask situation all over again; AR lights up USF

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
LMAO. You guys had me going. I actually thought that Donk and South FL seriously believed that Dan was correct to take EJ over Corral. My sarcasm meter must have been broken. I now realize you guys were just kidding. The announcer in the Ole Miss/Louisville game just said that Corral LED THE NATION IN TOTAL OFFENSE LAST YEAR!
No one would choose a QB who throws late and inaccurately over the national leader in total offense, especiallywhen the QB isn'teventhe best runner in the QB room..
Well, Donk did say that Trask would never play a down for the Gators, in fact I believe donk said he wouldn't even hold a clipboard. So maybe donk can believe that, but, at least we know that SouthFla was joking.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
75ff4e06ab6a6e.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Corral 13/20 for 252 yards in the first half, but what was really enjoyable was watching Corral scamper through the Louisville defense for a TD.
I wonder what having a QB who could both pass and run would be like.

Ok, this is very out of character for you, but your tone in some of these quotes is a tad condescending, so forgive me in advance if I reply in kind. Let's be very clear on this crackhead you've become infatuated with. He was from the state of California, home to multiple struggling programs that could certainly use a gifted signal caller. All said no. He was at one time looking like a miami signee, which next to going straight to the Latin Kings, seemed like about as perfect fit as there could be. Unfortunately, they too cooled on him due to character. Did you catch that? The team that just allowed a multi arrest thug who was picked up this time for beating his pregnant girlfriend--of which there was visible evidence--to be reinstated to the team just weeks later on the stipulation that he promised not to do it again, said NO to Matt Corral. In fact, one by one, over the course of his Jr season, every team backed away from him, deeming him not worth the potential headache. All except two. So a 4-5* QB had his own list narrowed down to a team on probation being coached by an interim OL coach with a modest case of Down Syndrome, or a disastrous UF being coached by a guy banging sharks and on the hot seat. So no(in response to your other post) there is zero sarcasm in saying I'm perfectly fine taking Jones over him. Believe it or not, there were other QBs in that class, and in the classes that followed, that could've been had. So it's not in any way a one or the other situation, and our current predicament is about poor recruiting, poor judgement in practice, and a suspect system that isn't doing anyone any favors. Not passing over one guy.

However, to better answer your question on what said QB would look like, I'll include pics. The QB position is supposed to embody leadership and character, qualities with which the images below are just loaded. Again, not thanks.

upload_2021-9-7_10-47-2.jpeg

upload_2021-9-7_10-47-28.jpeg

upload_2021-9-7_10-48-6.jpeg

images

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Yeah, a little over a decade ago we had a homosexual serial killer roaming the sidelines that ended up killing himself in prison that helped UF win 2 national championships. Now we're too uppity to take a white kid with tattoo's and corn rows because he may have a drug problem? Of course he's a doosh bag look at the mother fucher, but he's light years better than Emory. So yeah I agree with Ancient and I think whomever made the decision not to take Corral made the wrong one.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, a little over a decade ago we had a homosexual serial killer roaming the sidelines that ended up killing himself in prison that helped UF win 2 national championships. Now we're too uppity to take a white kid with tattoo's and corn rows because he may have a drug problem? Of course he's a doosh bag look at the mother fucher, but he's light years better than Emory. So yeah I agree with Ancient and I think whomever made the decision not to take Corral made the wrong one.

If we're using pure hindsight, you could make that argument. But again, at the time I have no issue with the call. And as for whomever made that decision, it was exactly 128 of the 130 coaches in the FBS. And while I generally agree that he's light years better, he's on his third years starting, compared to one game for Jones. Do I think that will change who ends up the better college QB, no, not likely. But I'm not throwing in the towel completely after one game. Corral wasn't great in his first few years. He threw 7 picks against Ark just last year.

Let's talk about college careers. No comparison on football skills. On character in college: is the Egg Bowl dust up all you've got?

The guy was almost singlehandedly responsible for a massive teamwide brawl. I don't need anything else besides that to say I'm ok we didn't take him. Dockett only twisted Graham's knee once(on video). That's enough for me. Jalon Jones is still playing and not behind bars, so obviously there was some evidence lacking there. Still ok he's gone. Again, no one is saying he didn't pan out better than expected. It's about the decision to not take him in the first place. Of all the things we have to bag on Mullen about, it wasn't even the worst decision he made that class, much less some anchor that should be around his neck 4 years later. I'm mad about many things. Not this one.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
That's only 2 loses, so your predicting 10-2 as well? I think we've got less than a 1% chance of beating bama but I like your optimism. :lol:

Yeah...no...I got us 8-4 to 9-3 now. Before Saturday I was 8-4 to 10-2 but after seeing UGA's defense I dont see us winning that game no matter how it played out. They just going to smother us. LSU, I thought looked ok and am giving them the benefit of the doubt with the crazy week they had leading up to that game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm mad about many things. Not this one.

Fuch, the list of things you aren't mad about is short, and he made that list.... or is it multiple lists.

1. schit I'll burn your house down over
2. Schit i'll stab you over
3. schit I'll make you read gatorchatter because
4. schit I'll make you watch Carons Wentz "highlights" over
5. Schit I'm not mad about
6. Schit that makes me love Jalen Hurts as our QB #1

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Yeah...no...I got us 8-4 to 9-3 now. Before Saturday I was 8-4 to 10-2 but after seeing UGA's defense I dont see us winning that game no matter how it played out. They just going to smother us. LSU, I thought looked ok and am giving them the benefit of the doubt with the crazy week they had leading up to that game.
I still have us 8-4 on the season. Things could change if AR is starting but Mullen is not the guy to start inexperienced players like a Saban would. So I think unless EJ gets injured it will be him all year long. With that said after watching the defense give up 353 yards to FAU I could see us going 7-5 before I see 9-3. Just my opinion though

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He liked recreationals, we had another guy like that, who also got busted for PEDs. Why would we want to bring in another quarterback that we can't trust what they put in their bodies at the most important position on the field.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I dont know. The SEC east is REAAAAALLLLY bad.

No doubt. Bama, Ugly and LSU are definite losses. We gonna drop one against Mizzou, UK, UTooth or f$u. We don't have an offense to bail out our defense like last season. Ironic thing is, all those buttwipes who said we only had an 8-4 record last season because of all sec schedule are going to have the pieholes filled with crow when we go 8-4 this year with the cupcakes on the schedule.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt. Bama, Ugly and LSU are definite losses. We gonna drop one against Mizzou, UK, UTooth or f$u. We don't have an offense to bail out our defense like last season. Ironic thing is, all those buttwipes who said we only had an 8-4 record last season because of all sec schedule are going to have the pieholes filled with crow when we go 8-4 this year with the cupcakes on the schedule.
I think we're awful but I also think LSU may be even worse. Their hideous head coaching choice will really hit them hard this year. I still find it beyond belief that they made that fat failure of a toad their head coach. They actually did that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator