Franks/Trask situation all over again; AR lights up USF

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
he didn’t start did he? I thought I remember seeing Dexter on the starting lineup. If nobody has posted snap count I’ll start a thread.

Valentino and Newkirk were the starters. Dexter was in there a bunch. He got 2 fumble recoveries. I saw #18 Dante Zanders get in there before Truesdale I think. I had to look up the roster to see who Zanders was because I was unaware of him all together. I thought the inside guys looked decent. Carter might have been player of the game on Defense. It will be fun to watch the defense if he plays with consistency this year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Okay, but the Quarterback Whisperer whispered to the wrong quarterback.

Which time?

You may need to be more specific.

I’ve defended FF over KT for years and am willing to see what Jones looks like this week. But as I said at halftime, Mullen is literally validating point after point of those who want him gone.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Valentino and Newkirk were the starters. Dexter was in there a bunch. He got 2 fumble recoveries. I saw #18 Dante Zanders get in there before Truesdale I think. I had to look up the roster to see who Zanders was because I was unaware of him all together. I thought the inside guys looked decent. Carter might have been player of the game on Defense. It will be fun to watch the defense if he plays with consistency this year.

im assuming that’s Dante Lang?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I was thinking about this. can you imagine what Spurrier would have said?

yeah he can run really well cant he? neither of them can throw for a lick, but that's on me not on them. I'm the one that put them out there. I should have coached them better.

It is the way

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
If Treon doesnt get hurt Mullen rides him to a losing record. AR wont start Bama.

I’m not as anxious for him to start as for his PT to grow. We need both of them at this point.

EJ’s experience & command of the offense needs to show a ton better to make that work, though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good coaches practice situational football in practice ....and in practice games. Going for it ALL the time on 4th down is not reality and will cost you more than half the time when the big boys come to town....how many times in the last 3 years have we watch Mullen leave points on the field and then the offense struggles for the next 2 quarters....

Yep, he should have attempted the FG. These kickers have never made a kick for UF (although the MSU transfer has plenty of experience). This is just another example of Mullen's stubbornness. Instead, EJ throws an INT and we get nothing.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
When he hit that hole and the sidelines on that 73 yard carry, everyone around the tv had their jaws drop. A guy that big should not be that fast. That was maybe the play of the game. If he builds on that, he could be really great. He has a spark that we haven't seen yet with Emory. Maybe this will push Emory to play better. If not, you cant keep playing him over AR.

You're right, I wouldn't keep playing EJ over AR. Unfortunately, DM almost certainly will.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Translation, he has no clue what he is going to do. I'm supremely confident Mullinz is going to find a way to screw this situation up.

The only way Mullen will be "saved" from this situation is if one of the two twists an ankle and gets injured for the season.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Which time?

You may need to be more specific.

I’ve defended FF over KT for years and am willing to see what Jones looks like this week. But as I said at halftime, Mullen is literally validating point after point of those who want him gone.
Corral 13/20 for 252 yards in the first half, but what was really enjoyable was watching Corral scamper through the Louisville defense for a TD.
I wonder what having a QB who could both pass and run would be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator