Free Throws

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Make some God Damn Free Throws and we'd actually be in the hunt for a Tourney Bid.

For ****s sake.... try practicing them.

And Chiozza sucks donkey ball, BTW.

Dec 10, 2014
NVGator;n186651 said:
Make some God Damn Free Throws and we'd actually be in the hunt for a Tourney Bid.

The free throws are appalling. I think we would have beaten Kentucky had we hit our free throws. At some point, there's got to be an answer for this deficiency. I think the free throws are under a microscope this year bc of how close all of our games have been. This team could easily have eight more wins than it does right now.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
“You can’t win at this level like that,” Duke transfer Alex Murphy said. “In a close game 20 of 38’s not going to do it.”

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I could teach this team how to shoot FT's. There was a UK team about 25 years ago that all shot the same way. They were not sideways to rim. They had their feet apart with toes toward the rim
Bent knees and the had hand behind the ball (shooting hand) and off hand on side with elbow out. They stroked it mostly using their wrist. The never deviated and as a team shot about 247%.
What I would do is start at zero and they would all shoot this way. I would have a sound system right there after awhile BOOMING with other players on the line waving their arms
and someone behind the basket doing all kinds of nonsense.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
No silly, he forgot to put the dot/period/decimal.

He meant to brag about a KY team shooting 24.7%

DUH!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
WobbleGator;n186684 said:
So each made basket counted at 2.5 points?

THAT is how good they got after practicing.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n186683 said:
I could teach this team how to shoot FT's. There was a UK team about 25 years ago that all shot the same way. They were not sideways to rim. They had their feet apart with toes toward the rim
Bent knees and the had hand behind the ball (shooting hand) and off hand on side with elbow out. They stroked it mostly using their wrist. The never deviated and as a team shot about 247%.
What I would do is start at zero and they would all shoot this way. I would have a sound system right there after awhile BOOMING with other players on the line waving their arms
and someone behind the basket doing all kinds of nonsense.

I'm calling BS.
TonyParkerFreeThrowAirball.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If we're over scholarship for next year, have them go through a shoot-out of free throws to see who gives up their's and makes room for better players.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n186651 said:

You seem so fukking angry

jackiemoon_zpswrvsaaca.gif

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure i get the strategy of taking Chiozza out on defense and putting him back in on offense with under a minute to go. I understand he is little and can't defend the best and that he is a decent ball handler...but what i understand most is that he is atrocious shooting from the foul line and is a far bigger liability shooting FT than he is defending or someone else handling the ball.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n186754 said:
but what i understand most is that he is atrocious shooting from the foul line and is a far bigger liability shooting FT than he is defending or someone else handling the ball.
Trying to build confidence in the kid? :dunno:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This team has a case of the yips when it comes to free throws. There is no excuse for a D1 team to be shooting free throws this bad. Chiozza's FT shooting last night was embarassing. I swear he was just hoping they would go in.

You have to shoot with confidence and know you are going to make it.

This is something that must get better before next year.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n186763 said:
This team has a case of the yips when it comes to free throws. There is no excuse for a D1 team to be shooting free throws this bad. Chiozza's FT shooting last night was embarassing. I swear he was just hoping they would go in.

You have to shoot with confidence and know you are going to make it.

This is something that must get better before next year.

he wasn't "hoping" they would go in, he was just throwing up the ball and saying, "**** it, I suck at these."

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
bradgator2;n186707 said:
I'm calling BS.
TonyParkerFreeThrowAirball.gif
My brother was named Brad and Yes I could teach you how to shoot FT's
true story, I had a brilliant kid about 17 years ago. Not an athlete but I taught him that UK shot. He became deadly at it and I used him to teach my older kids (he was in 3rd grade).
I find that really smart kids can take a fundamental and just kill it with their ability to process the info and duplicate it. My daughter was the same way, Slow and average athlete but
could shoot the eyes out of it.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All the ragging on Chiozza I get, but Hill is equally as bad.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Team is shooting a stellar 63.5% from the line. Doesn't help that Frazier has missed a month.

MF2 - 88%
Carter - 80%
Horford 78%
Kurt - 70%
Robinson 63%
DFS 59%
Murphy 58%
Hill 55%
Chiozza 46%
Walker 39%

And FYI. Walker and Kurtz are the only guys that have an overall FG% over 50%.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n186829 said:
Team is shooting a stellar 63.5% from the line. Doesn't help that Frazier has missed a month.

MF2 - 88%
Carter - 80%
Horford 78%
Kurt - 70%
Robinson 63%
DFS 59%
Murphy 58%
Hill 55%
Chiozza 46%
Walker 39%

And FYI. Walker and Kurtz are the only guys that have an overall FG% over 50%.
My 5'2" wife, who never played basketball, could shoot 39% from the line right now. That is so pathetic it's scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.