Friendly reminder- Soccer is a ladies game

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
US defeats Iran 1-0; had a 2nd goal waived off for a dubious offsides call (replay showed it was close and probably was on, but they didn't review the call).

We were the better side for most of the game up until the coach made a few defensive substitutions for 2 of our best players (to protect them against getting a yellow card and being suspended for the next round). Honestly, wasn't a fan of the coach's subs or tactics; but it was win and advance and we pulled through.

FUCH Iran and their time-wasting pussy antics.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Good news.

NINTCHDBPICT000779279300.jpg

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
Not sure if people will be able to open this, but even I have my limits of tolerance for a woke UF, Elite or not! Reitz Union had a bigger student attendance for the game today than at the football team did for the Missouri game... :sadnanner:

UPDATE: sorry, won't post because it's a closed group for parents... but every level of the Reitz was packed watching a big screen. Here's a screen shot of video:
View attachment 51686

That's much larger than I remember. :embarrassed:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Very frustrating team to watch. Refuse to shoot the ball when they have the opportunity and almost always try and extra pass that’s defended. Some of their set pieces are just wasted as well and their brilliant strategy to stop pushing the ball up and play defense almost cost them.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Interesting- is this for tracking the movement?

View attachment 51709

Sorry for quoting you three in a row. The balls have sensors in them that help with calling offsides, etc. It's supposed to help with video review.

If soccer can do this why not football. Do they really need refs with yard markers anymore? Put technology in the football and field sensors to get the ideal position of the football, if the ball hit the ground on a catch or possible fumble, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.