Gainesville Sun Newspaper brings back their sports forum

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n42082 said:
Uh oh. You can change the theme over there at the bottom. Changing it to IP board looks similiar to the header here, in terms of layout. And has a mobile version as well.

No matter... They lost too many fans forever... F them!

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
oxrageous;n41992 said:
They don't. That's insane.

Part of me thinks this may actually help us, not hurt us. At any rate, there's always going to be competition, you just have to try and have a better product. It was always in the back of my mind that they may pull this stunt. I know for a fact there were several people at the Sun that strongly disagreed with the order to pull the forum in the first place. They must have finally won their argument.....or the declining numbers changed some minds at the top.

When the board was up I would occasionally click over and read some of their mediocre articles. I haven't done that in months. I know I'm not the only one.
Since I'm a local boy, I would click over and read all kinds of articles. They've lost a hundred page visits a week just from me...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n42088 said:

Oh I agree. Just noticed you can change it there...however, it doesn't change it very much. Though the mobile version would be nice if Ox could make something like that work here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GMDGATOR;n42088 said:

Oh I agree. Just noticed you can change it there...however, it doesn't change it very much. Though the mobile version would be nice if Ox could make something like that work here.
Our true mobile version is on ForumRunner. Other than that, Gatorchatter is fully "responsive", meaning it automatically shrinks to any size screen. You don't need a dedicated "mobile" version.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GMDGATOR;n42088 said:

Their mobile site is actually lightning fast like forum runner is for this site. But forum runner is not usable because you can't see comments like this one.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FYI, its not the Suns IT department doing the moderation...

Quote from their Forum Rules thread... https://forum.gatorsports.com/topic/30720-forum-rules/

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************* Moderation:

All moderation will be handled by The Gainesville Sun Sports and Online departments. There is a Site Admin and one Moderator account for multiple people on staff.

For violating the terms of service you will receive a warning. If you have a second violation your account will be suspended for two weeks. After a third violation your account will be banned. Spammers will be banned without warning.

All questions can be emailed to [email protected].
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Soooo, you can have an unlimited number of chuckleheads using the one SiteAdmin and the one Moderator account moderating rather anonymously. Read the rest of the rules. If Ox were a mod there, in just a matter of hours he would pull out what little hair he has left...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
From their Admin:

Wobble and Gatorbythebay, In the GSMB absence Oxrageous created the site https://gatorchatter.com/ He provided a place for many displaced GSMB members to go. I have great respect for Aaron and will happily post the Oxrageous podcast if he continues to record it. He has a great voice for podcasting.

Alex.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
They have officially given you a plug Ox. Cool.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator said:
From their Admin:

Wobble and Gatorbythebay, In the GSMB absence Oxrageous created the site https://gatorchatter.com/ He provided a place for many displaced GSMB members to go. I have great respect for Aaron and will happily post the Oxrageous podcast if he continues to record it. He has a great voice for podcasting.

Alex.
That sounds like Crucial to me.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just imagine how much it would have sucked if they had just switched it to an over-moderated board without ever shutting it down. We never would have been able to migrate everyone here and we'd be stuck in lameness.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator said:
Ok I totally suck. It's 583 pages of members haha. I saw Member List and 583. Reading is fundamental.
It says they have 11,721. So our new goal is 12,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.